Seedrs and Crowdfunding FAQs
Investing in Startups
- What is investing in startups about?
- Is investing in startups profitable?
- Can I invest from outside of Europe?
- What is your methodology for concluding that investing in startups can be profitable?
- Will investing in startups continue to be as profitable in the future?
- What are the other benefits of investing in startups?
- Why do startups need my money?
Making Investments Through Seedrs
- Does Seedrs review each campaign's Q&A section?
- How do I use Seedrs to invest in startups?
- Does Seedrs vet investment campaigns that go live on the platform?
- Will Seedrs advise me which startups to invest in?
- Is there a minimum or a maximum I can invest in a Seedrs campaign?
- Is there a minimum or a maximum that a startup can raise through Seedrs?
- How much equity will I receive for my investment?
- How do I transfer the money to make an investment?
- Is the money in my Seedrs account safe?
- When can I deposit money into my account?
- What happens if I invest but the campaign doesn't receive all the money it needs?
- What is "Overfunding" of campaigns?
- Once a campaign has reached its target, will the investment definitely be completed?
- Will my investment be public knowledge?
- What is the Leedrs club and how does it work?
- Can I withdraw my funds?
Eligibility to Use Seedrs
- Who is eligible to join Seedrs?
- What are the eligibility requirements in order to make investments through Seedrs?
- What types of startups can use Seedrs to raise capital?
- What am I buying with my investment? Am I buying shares in the startup or something else?
- Why do you hold my shares as nominee?
- What legal protections will I have as an investor?
- What's to stop entrepreneurs from running away with my money?
- What will the tax treatment of my investment be?
- Which tax reliefs are available for investing in startups?
- In what tax year will my investment be deemed to be made?
- Is Seedrs authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)?
- How will I be categorised in relation to Seedrs for FCA purposes?
- Do I need to manage the investment once I've made it?
- Can I stay involved with the startup after I’ve invested?
- How will the startup use my investment?
- How do I make money off my investment?
- How will you distribute this money to me?
- May I make a follow-on investment in a startup's future financing rounds?
- What happens if the startup I invest in fails?
Seedrs in Context
- Why do I need Seedrs to be able to invest in startups?
- Is Seedrs an angel network?
- Is Seedrs a fund?
- Is Seedrs like peer-to-peer lending?
- Is Seedrs a form of crowdfunding?
- Are startups a safe investment?
- Is there a chance I could lose more than I invested?
- What are the main risks of investing in startups?
- Should I invest all of my money in startups?
- Of the money I invest in startups, should I invest most of it in one business or small amounts in multiple businesses?