You choose, we manage, it works! An ingenious dating recommendation engine for new couples.
- Initially designed with the company behind Google Maps
- Already approved by the Apple App Store for launch
- Completed Miratech's international R&D development program
- We offer different experiences to each newly matched couple
We believe current dating apps aren't optimised to help you fall in love, so they leave you alone after the match. 8dates takes over after the match and recommends great date ideas, 8 of them based on your interest. We know it takes more than a swipe to find love.
We will partner with affiliates to create a dating economy that our couples will significantly benefit from. We send our couples to our affiliates and then we will get paid. Couples have a great night, and we generate revenue; 8dates of fun and 8dates of income.
8dates is inspired by platforms like Amazon and will serve up activities and events that align with users' interests, like Facebook. Our smart app will use machine learning to know what couples want when they first meet, and we built the app to deliver just that, a shared interest with someone you find attractive.
Substantial accomplishments to date
· UX/UI designed by the same developers as Google Maps.
· Completed the 8dates app in 2020
· Accepted into the App Store
· Accepted into the Miratech R&D for equity program for startups
· Granted Facebook Dating License for advertising
· Affiliate Partners include OpenTable, Eventbrite, and several of other affiliate partners
8dates is a marketplace for couples. Singles have been using dating services and apps for years, and yet 59% of women and 55% of men have either a somewhat or very negative opinion on dating sites and apps. Why? The most popular dating apps were designed primarily for college students or young adults and were built for short term romance, not long term relationships. Research shows that women want more from dating apps.
We built the app that we believe every woman wants. A slow flow dating app that gives couples amazing things to do. If she likes the O2 arena and the Rolling Stones, and so does he, then our app will serve up tickets to the concert and a night on the town after.
8dates is designed to slow the dating process down by empowering the couple to control the flow of how the relationship develops. We built this app with one thing in mind; bring chivalry back to dating and create a safe, slow, and fun environment that has one goal, finding the perfect match. If you can make it to 8, you've probably found someone special.
Previously, there were only two ways to generate revenue on a dating app; advertising and subscriptions. We created a third, "the dating economy", which we believe is the first dating marketplace for singles and newly matched couples. When our couples go to restaurants and events, we will get paid.
We will work with a global network of affiliate partners that are ready to welcome our couples for amazing dinners, fun events, concerts, and even get away weekends when you get closer to 8.
*The above image shows an estimation of the revenue split
Our affiliates include companies like OpenTable, Fandango, Eventbrite, to deliver the right content at the right time via API plugins. Our app will be powered by AI/machine learning and lets users drive the experience.
The secret to how we monetize the pending relationship is showing profiles with the feature "I'm interested in going to" and getting someone with similar interests.
Use of proceeds
8dates is built and approved by Apple to launch in the App Store. We plan on adding the Android version with the proceeds so IOS and Andriod users can simultaneously benefit from using 8dates.
Use of proceeds:
· Localization of key markets in the UK and throughout Europe.
· Growing the affiliate partnership program by partnering with events and activity companies in each market.
· Android development for the App Store
· Patents, copyrights, and IP expansion for our process and trademarks.
· App development and UI/UX updates
· Marketing and customer acquisition via Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Spotify and Pandora
Please note that whilst the campaign is labelled as EIS eligible the Company has £150,000 remaining of its SEIS limit. 8Dates has accepted £303,000 as part of this round from direct investors who are not claiming SEIS relief, which is reflected in the funds shown in the progress bar already. Therefore, any investment made up to the amount of £453,000 as shown in the progress bar will be eligible for SEIS relief. Any investment made over this amount will be eligible for EIS relief only. Any tax relief is dependent on personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
1. For every £1,000 (minimum £1,000) invested by someone, 8dates will award one free six-month Premium Membership. So, for example, if one invest £5,000, a total of five free six-month Premium memberships will be awarded.
2. Since not everyone may not want to use this perk themselves, these Premium Membership awards will be transferrable to family members or friends.
We hope our investors will consider this a thank you from 8dates for your confidence in our concept and your continuing support.
Open an account to get access to the team members of 8dates
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.