Alter Ibiza Nightclub
Ibiza's first crowd funded club brand, focused on a more mature, affluent clientele.
- Sant Josep de sa Talaia, Spain
Categories: Entertainment Non-Digital B2C
Re-opening one of Ibiza's much-treasured nightclub venues – drawing on our local knowledge, experience, professional strengths and skill sets, extensive international music industry contacts and connections within the entertainment, tourism, hospitality and press sectors.
Designed by Lluis Güell (the mastermind behind the Café del Mar & Es Paradís), the venue is the transformation of a basement into a spectacular large space filled with split columns, marble staircases with angels and sculptures adorning the walls and ceilings.
Alter Ibiza intends to serve up quality entertainment and beverages for the more mature, affluent clubber (25+) now representing the majority of Ibiza's fast-moving tourism sector. Where music lovers can enjoy a relaxed, stylish, intimate setting with a soundtrack from teams of proven promoters and artists – with huge, loyal followings and simply spectacular brand experience and histories.
Offering true value for money in Ibiza's 'must-visit-club' scene.
Ibiza is constantly in a state of redevelopment and improvement. Many areas of Ibiza are now bursting at the seams with VIP beach clubs, super clubs and new super-hotels raising the price of drinks and entry in Ibiza to the highest levels of all time.
Alter Ibiza is a disruptive brand looking to shift the island's focus back on true value for money for our demographic. Spectacular music entertainment, quality products and service – jumping away from the extreme commercialisation and extortionate overpricing across most of Ibiza's club scene.
Whilst drinks pricing will be positioned to make profit, we intend to build exceptional customer brand loyalty by bringing levels back within more rational limits. We expect that this customer loyalty will quickly create brand stability to expand in to other market sectors.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Extensive market and location due diligence and research completed.
• Renovation/Update planned and will be undertaken by the team.
• Full 6 year forecast and sensitivity analysis completed.
• Exclusive 6 year leasehold to freehold property contracts in negotiation.
• Office/smoking area lease contract in negotiation for adjacent property.
• Licensing in place and currently undergoing annual sound level/capacity checks.
• Branding phase and marketing/merchandise concepts completed.
• Marketing and PR strategies planned.
• Grand opening plan complete subject to artist availability.
• Outstanding roster of high profile promoters/artists ready to commit.
• Sponsorship direct contacts acquired and talks underway.
• EPOS/WIFI/Sound & Light systems selected and ready to lease/purchase.
• Human resources requirements identified and team selection in process.
• Rapid market sector expansion growth planning in place.
Profits largely generated from drinks revenue in core, middle and potentially winter season.
Percentage of promoter ticket/door money returns to the business.
Sponsorship revenue opportunities optimal in Ibiza.
Potential for off season hire (Corporate/Private/Pop-up/Launch Parties).
MARKET EXPANSION GROWTH.
Live online radio broadcasting with online monetisation model.
Merchandising opportunities optimal with Ibiza club brands.
Brand franchising opportunities including CD compilations.
Use of proceeds
Investment will be utilised to permanently secure the 6 year exclusive leasehold to freehold contract. Funds will be used to kick-start the business, implement initial renovations/refurbishment and systems updates, put marketing/PR plans in action and book opening night artists/performers – resulting in a summer 2016 launch with exceptional market impact and rapid brand growth into multiple market sectors.
Alter Ibiza offer an alternative boutique clubbing experience, tailored to 25+ demographic. The more mature, affluent clubber (25+) now representing 70%* of Ibiza's fast-moving tourism sector.
*REF: Balearic Government Statistics.
"Over the past couple of years we have seen a dramatic increase in excess of 38% year-on-year in the number of over-40s booking packages to clubbing hotspots."
Mr Waldron – Broadway Travel.
"Younger ravers could find themselves partying alongside their parents this summer."
"The original one-nighter generation are now 45 to 50-plus... There are many people for whom clubbing was a way of life but are no longer sure where they should go."
Dave Swindells, Nightlife Editor, Time Out.
Alter Ibiza will be the only nightclub in this particular beach resort which we estimate to have over 10,000 tourist beds. Balearic news stations report that Ibiza will likely reach full hotel occupancy in August 2016. 30 of the 52+ hotels in the area are fully booked in August already.
With the opening of a huge new beach club in 2012, just a few minutes walk from our location, the area has seen an additional influx of tourists activity. Due to music licensing laws, outdoor venues must close at midnight. Alter Ibiza becomes the closest nightclub destination – not just to those staying in the area, but also to huge numbers of happy party-goers leaving this renowned beach club 7 days a week.
Ibiza is a fairly small place and whilst we expect clientele to purposefully head in our direction from any location on the island, the key to targeting optimal market penetration lies within our ethos... .
...Offering true value for money in Ibiza's 'must-visit-club' scene.
Characteristics of target market
Ibiza Airport broke all previous records in 2014, closing the year with 6,211,882 passengers, every year the record continues to be pushed with more tourists arriving in summer and winter months.
The Balearics had the highest hotel occupancy rate in August 2015 of any region of Spain. Occupancy was 92.9%, which represented an increase of 2.3% in terms of overnight stays compared with August 2014.
As of 26 February 2016, San Antonio Town Council passed an ordinance prohibiting the sale of alcohol in supermarkets and shops from Midnight to 8am throughout the municipality, further driving late night holiday makers to late night venues.
"Prices in Cala de Bou are clearly stabilised, it is assumed that the next experience will be a rise in quality and is it well positioned for investment."
Mila Gonzalez – Respected Ibiza realtor.
Our team is highly skilled in strategic marketing both in the UK and Ibiza, with a speciality and proven track record in the music/club sector. We consider ourselves to have heavy-duty brand, social, press, print, radio and digital skills. With nearly 9 years experience on the island, we know exactly which techniques are most effective within this fast-moving tourism sector.
Sara Altman (MD), has run a marketing business for the majority of her career with direct experience with the likes of Pacha Ibiza Merchandise. She is directly responsible for the brand creation of the hugely successful Ocean Beach Club and Amante (Awarded Best Beach Restaurant for 4 years running). She specialises in strategic ROI-led branding and marketing.
Steven Altman (CD), has extensive experience working as a DJ/Promoter alongside multiple promotion teams and club venues. We feel his music and industry knowledge is simply outstanding. He brings significant overall experience to the project with powerful social media skills. Steve has a huge following of house music lovers over various Facebook pages perfectly positioned for our demographic targeting with a promotable reach of over 8 million.
Steve broadcasts a weekly radio show live from Ibiza on Castle Club Radio. This online station has a global following of listeners. Steve also holds a regular show on Ibiza Live Radio. Both these shows give him the opportunity to promote events/artists at his discretion.
Thanks to Steve Altman's personal contact base in the music industry, we have some of the best promoters in their genres ready to jump on our roster. Teams of skilled marketeers that specialise in targeting music genre specific demographics on rotation every week or month to maximise impact.
We have direct, personal links into best local businesses specialising in 'tourism broadcasting' – allow us access to optimum databases to target our audience during their visit using digital technologies and print.
• Offering true value for money in Ibiza's 'must-visit-club' scene.
• Constantly analysing the market and adapting to demand.
• Strong background in business legal matters, project and financial planning at upper management level.
• Extensive music entertainment and promotion experience at all levels.
• Extensive tourism entertainment and previous hospitality experience.
• Exceptional, and personal, high level promoter, artist and performer connections.
• Proven strategic branding, marketing/advertising background specialising in brand creation, launch and ROI led marketing strategies across all media.
• Excellent local business connections.
• Solid sponsorship understanding and local connections.
• Very strong location and market knowledge and experience with Ibiza local community ties, both expat and Ibizenco.
• Staff management experience and extensive local workforce connections.
• Some of the best promoters in their genres ready to jump on our roster – teams of skilled marketeers that specialise in targeting music genre specific demographics.
• Sheer dedication and a passion for what we do.
New Ibiza nightclub licenses are notoriously difficult to acquire especially in this type of high street/residential situation, we believe that it is unlikely there will be any significant late-night competition in this location.