The growing FemTech business delivering ethical and sustainable menstrual health products D2C and B2B
- Global presence: D2C in 26 countries. B2B in 10 (in > 80 stores)
- Despite Covid-19, revenue grew over 100% (Jan-Sept 20 vs 19)
- All femcare products are 100% recyclable &/or biodegradable
- First crowdfunding raise in December 2019 reached 198% funding
Started by daughter mother duo, Lucy and Claire, &SISTERS is developing the menstrual health ecosystem of the future, a powerful combination of smart technology & best in class products. Offering an easy way for users to monitor their cycle, understand & respond to how their body changes, as well as access to ethical, sustainable products, &SISTERS delivers the right self-care products at the right time.
BETTER FOR YOUR BODY
Every sister’s body is sacred. Our tampons, pads & liners are made from toxin-free, organic cotton & our nüdie period cup from hypoallergenic medical silicone
BETTER FOR OUR PLANET
We only have one planet, let's make the right choices. Every last bit of our cotton period care is sustainably sourced, plastic free, recyclable & biodegradable & our nüdie cup is made of naturally occurring silica
BETTER FOR OUR SISTERS
We give 10% of profits to educate and empower 'Sisters' around the world, tackling period poverty & helping create a better future for those that bleed
Substantial accomplishments to date
A person menstruating uses on average 11K period products in their lifetime & most are unaware that mainstream products are laden with chemicals and/or plastic. The proliferation of period products and cycle tracking software has made finding the right solution even harder. We’ve set about changing the narrative, building a secure platform where people who bleed can manage their menstrual health all in one place in an ethical, transparent, and truly sustainable way.
• We have designed a range of Soil Association certified organic cotton tampons, liners and pads, as well as the nüdie period (menstrual) cup.
• Production of our organic cotton uses 91% less water, 62% less energy and saves 46% greenhouse gas emissions versus conventional cotton
• Our nüdie period cup features unique design elements such as Tri-flow™ air release holes, the Pebble™ pull for hassle-free removal and is made from silky smooth hypoallergenic medical-grade silicone for extra comfort. Each nüdie period cup sold saves >2000 disposable period products going to landfill
• We are stocked in over 75 small chains and independents, including Oliver Bonas, Next Beauty, Abel & Cole, Farmdrop, Ecovibe, Feel Unique and Planet Organic
• We are serving over 1000 customers through our D2C platform
• Our products are sold throughout the UK, Europe, Asia and Australasia
• This year we have sold over 300,000 tampons, pads and liners and more than 1,600 nüdie period (menstrual) cups (Jan-Sept 2020)
*Pins represent countries where &SISTERS has a retail presence, filled in countries represent where &SISTERS is currently serving D2C customers
&SISTERS follows an omnichannel business model which has been designed based on listening to what our customers really want.
Direct to Customer (D2C)
Our e-commerce platform offers an interactive customised product selector with personalised subscriptions as well as one-off purchases. We are already serving customers both here in the UK as well as Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas
Business to Business (B2B)
Our BTB/ retail offering includes mixed absorbency, handbag, extra large packs, ‘good to go’ packs as well as a bulk solution for zero waste stores. &SISTERS products are available through retailers (both on and offline), boutique stores, hotels and yoga/wellness centres throughout the UK, Europe and Asia.
As we develop and roll-out the application environment on our journey to building the menstrual health ecosystem of the future, we plan to open up a SaaS-based revenue stream - integrating software, hardware and physical product operating through a subscription-based service
Use of proceeds
The funds raised from this round will be used for four main purposes:
1. Growing the team: We know the importance of an A* team, we need to attract and acquire top talent
2. Investing in technology and infrastructure: Improving our user experience to make our customer purchasing journey as slick and as frictionless as possible. Soon we will be building our native mobile applications which will sit side by side with our products
3. Launching new products: We see &SISTERS as a challenger to all self-care categories. We have fair-trade vegan condoms and lubricant, a low cervix period cup, a range of nüdie accessories, as well as period apparel all in the pipeline
4. Turbocharging marketing: We want to run paid for advertising campaigns to boost brand awareness. We want to invest in content, roll out a new and improved eCRM program and invest in digital assets
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. A 0% interest director loan of £144,631. This loan is not to be repaid until the company has distributable reserves of an amount equal or greater than the loan amount.
2. A Bounce Back loan of £17,500, interest-free for 12 months, and 2.5% thereafter. This is to be repaid over 60 monthly installments starting in July 2021.
None of the funds raised in this round will be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of &SISTERS
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.