We're on a mission to create the world's most planet positive spirits brand
|Sectors||Food & Beverage Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Incorporation date||21 Feb 2019|
- Certified B Corp – one of very few drinks brands
- 1,000+ listings in top bars, restaurants & retail in 13 countries
- Available in innovative formats including FrugalPack paper bottle
- Launching in the US in July 2022
What is Avallen? Well, it’s the delicious moment when flavour and sustainability converge!
A delicious, planet positive calvados, made from crisp French apples, we are a Certified B Corporation and 1% For the Planet member, multi award-winning and loved by some of the best bartenders & eco-conscious drinkers around the world.
We believe in BEE-ING MORE when it comes to the change we want to see in the world, which is why we do everything we can to protect wild bees and combat climate change, one delicious drink at a time.
Having launched in 2019, we have been able to prove that apples are THE BEST choice for the planet when it comes to making great-tasting spirits! We love apples so much, even our labels are made from them!
How does Avallen taste? Floral, fruity, and proudly apple-forward! The perfect eco-friendly spirit for mixing with tonic or simply enjoyed as a sustainable sip.
Simply put – why wouldn’t you want a great-tasting drink that doesn’t leave the planet with a hangover?
Substantial accomplishments to date
It's been an incredible journey since our last crowdfund in 2020 where we've hit many highs including (but not limited to):
· Tripled revenue and launched in 5 new markets during arguably the toughest time for the drinks industry in living memory
· Completing our LCA and becoming Climate Positive, removing 2.73kg/CO2e from the atmosphere for every bottle produced
· Becoming a Certified B Corporation in Jan 2022
· Wining the Just Drinks Environmental Impact Award beating some of the world’s biggest companies like Diageo and Pepsi Co as well as many other awards for our sustainability, liquid flavour, and design
· Signature Cocktail Listings at iconic bars including The Alchemist Bars across the UK, RE in Sydney (award winner for most sustainable bar), Argo in HK (award winner for Asia's best new bar), Soma in London (GQ Bar of the Year), and Le Mary Celeste in Paris (Legend of the Paris bar scene)
· Listed with iconic off-trade outlets such as Fortnum & Mason, Harvey Nicholls, Hedonism Wines, and Ocado
· Rated ‘Best Overall’ Calvados by the Independent
· Nat Geographic’s Food Traveller called Calvados as ‘Top 12 Food & Drink Trends for 2022’.
· A score of 9.3, the highest rating of any drinks brand (with over 100 reviews) on WhereFrom, a crowdsourced sustainability rating site
· Launched a revolutionary low carbon paper bottle with FrugalPac
· Became one of the first global partners with low waste, low carbon technology company ecoSPIRITS, transforming how we sell Avallen to bars
Sustainability is an important criteria for people making decisions about what to drink, and Avallen is leading the way when it comes to positive environmental impact.
Gen Z are 3x more likely to say a brand needs purpose beyond just profit and IWSR data shows 48% of US drinkers say their purchase decisions are positively influenced by a company’s sustainability initiatives; rising to 72% among Brazilian drinkers, and 70% of urban affluent Chinese drinkers.
Having established Avallen Calvados as the spirits industry leader for sustainability - we now plan to expand into a much more established category: Vodka!
The global vodka market was worth $46.2b in 2020 and is projected to be $57.4 by 2027 at a CAGR 3.1%, and vodka has the biggest value share and thus the biggest scale & opportunity for impact.
Avallen is the brand to launch a truly planet-positive vodka with holistic sustainability credentials focused on ingredients, production, people, marketing, and distribution.
Use of proceeds
We plan to use the funds to continue to accelerate growth and brand recognition in key markets such as the UK & France as well as test the waters in the US with a trial in NYC this summer.
To break it down:
· 40% of funds will be directly invested into A&P bringing to life our comms and key brand assets via digital content, PR, trade shows, and partnerships. As well as by investing in our customers by supporting listings, activations, and securing national retail listings starting in the UK.
· 20% will go directly into the product development and launch of Avallen's Planet Positve Vodka, our new SKU.
· 30% of funds will help us build a small, agile team supporting us with operations, finance, marketing, and admin, ensuring that we, the founders, can get out there and do what we do best, and is more important to the business: make people fall in love with Avallen!
· 10% of funds will be used to continue to innovate on sustainability, maintaining our position as an industry leader.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Avallen
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.