Our agile manufacturing systems are transforming the way things are made, enabling the circular economy.
- Over £1.8M in government projects inc. 6 UKRI awards
- 3 Pilots projects with top UK retailer
- 150k+ parts made from sustainable material
- Operating 80+ machines across two production hubs
The future of manufacturing needs to enable businesses to design, print, recycle and re-print, whenever required. It’s both agile and circular.
Here at Batch.Works, we’re aiming to lead this transition - providing businesses with the technological capabilities to perform their own fully circular 3D manufacturing.
Since 2017, with significant R&D, we’ve developed this technology and have been providing sustainable manufacturing directly to a number of major global brands. This is currently being performed from our two production locations in London & Amsterdam.
In parallel to this, with support from leading businesses and large funding from Innovate UK, we're building what we believe to be the UK’s first additive manufacturing subscription service - CMaaS (Circular Manufacturing as a Service). Businesses will subscribe to our custom hardware & software, enabling them to design and manufacture products in-house, using recycled material and generating minimal waste.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Printed over 150K+ parts made from recycled or bio-sourced material
• Partnered with a cross sector clients including bluechip brands in: Furniture, Retail, Medical Tech and Consumer Electronic sectors
• Established manufacturing locations in London and Amsterdam
• Generated £600k+ of revenue since launch*
• Secured over £1.8m of non-dilutive R&D grant funding.
• Currently testing five AI Driven Smart Factory units as a pilot project
• Received press articles in major design press along with mainstream media (financial times, guardian, Monocle)
• Established an advisory board of industry Experts
• Founder & team expertise in additive manufacturing
Over the last six years, Batch.Works has seen strong revenue growth year-on-year.*
Under the current business model, Batch.Works has generated revenue by providing design consultancy and manufacturing services directly to our customers.
Design Consultancy; our growing team of inhouse designers provide specialist services from ideation to DFM (design for manufacturing) to align the vision of the customer with the printing capabilities, generating the appropriate software files for manufacturing.
Manufacturing Services; using our 80+ machines across our two production hubs, we directly manufacture and deliver the required B2B and B2C parts to the customers.
In 2024, we plan to launch our subscription model - CMaaS (Circular Manufacturing as a Service) - with the aim of growing revenue.
Cmaas; the Batch.Works manufacturing subscription service. An advanced digital warehouse and scheduling software allowing customers to bring manufacturing capabilities in house for a monthly fee.
*Based on unaudited management accounts
Use of proceeds
Commercialisation - 30%
We plan to develop our sales team so we can deliver on our existing pipeline and begin sales for the CMaaS offering.
- Development and rollout of advanced tech (enabling CMaaS) - 70%
We will be continuing to develop AI driven, automated manufacturing hardware and software to move from our existing pilot project to an initial rollout in 2024.
£161,000 of lead investment in this round was received in May 2023. This investment was made by Seedrs Nominees on behalf of Sustainable Ventures through their 5th cohort fund. The company is opening up this round up for further investment, allowing new and existing investors to invest further.
For further information on this cohort fund, please visit the campaign page: www.seedrs.com/sa5
Investors in this round are investing into, and will become shareholders of, BatchW Ltd, Company number: 11127427. This is the holding company for the group.
BatchW Ltd 100% owns a subsidiary incorporated in Amsterdam called BatchW Ltd.
The Founders of BatchW Ltd are also co-founders and co-owners of a company called Batch Space LTD, which is a workspace provider for makers and creatives. This runs as a community project and the intention is for this company to become a not-for-profit, registered charity.
Batch Space Ltd provides offices and workspace to BatchW Ltd under an arms-length agreement to ensure there is no conflict of interest.
A full-time manager is in place at Batch Space Ltd; however, Julien Vaissieres and Milo Mcloughlin-Greening, the Founders of BatchW Ltd, spend 5% of their combined time helping to manage Batch Space LTD.
The Company has the following outstanding loans:
1. A £166,043 Founders Loan with an interest rate of 6.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in January 2033.
2. A £4,331 Bounce Back Loan with an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in May 2026
3. A £2,400 liability remains upon a Barclays business loan originally taken in May 2019 with an interest rate of 9.48% per annum. The loan and interest is repaid in fixed monthly installments of £377.85. The final installment will be due in April 2024.
4. The Company also has a historic PAYE liability of £161,987 . A payment plan has been agreed with HMRC for regular £13,497 payments from November 2023 through to October 2024.
The funds raised as part of this round will not be used to repay these loans.
The Company has an outstanding loan facility of £383,275 from Sprk Capital with an interest rate of 16% per annum, which is secured against the Company’s assets. The Company is required to repay advanced funds plus interest at the end of the quarter they were drawn down in. As at campaign launch, the Company has a liability of £241,523
This loan facility is being used for bridging financing in the interim period before the Company receives committed grant funding. . The intention is for this to act as a short-term bridging facility that will be repaid and closed once grant funding is received.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Batch.Works
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.