Bedfolk is a direct-to-consumer comfort brand backed by leading UK investors.
True Capital invest in digital-first breakout brands — from pre-seed to Series A level — that represent the future of consumer behaviour.
- £7.5m* of sales to 30,000+ customers since launching in 2018
- Backed by leading consumer investors, including True
- 3,500+ five-star reviews with an average rating of 4.9/5
- An engaged and growing community of 150,000 ‘comfort addicts’
At Bedfolk we’re on a mission to help people wind down well.
We’re taking a stand against the culture of busyness and championing rest with our curated collection of the highest quality and most comfortable wind-down essentials. Think super soft bedding, ridiculously comfortable duvets and pillows, and the most luxurious bath products. And there's lots more soft and comfy things to come.
We’ve got big plans to become the category defining comfort brand, and we’re already well on our way.
But don’t just take our word for it…
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Since launching in 2018 we’ve generated more than £7.5M* in sales to more than 30,000 customers across 44 countries.
- We’re backed by leading UK consumer investors including True, Charlie Oscar, and Rianta, with more than £1.4m of previous funding and £1m secured as part of this round.
- Our customers have given us over 3,500 five-star reviews with an average rating of 4.9/5, and a Net Promoter Score of +82.
- We’ve been featured in leading press titles including Vogue, Elle Decoration, Good Housekeeping, Harpers Bazaar, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph, as well as many more.
*Based on Unaudited Management Accounts
- We benefit from strong e-com metrics:
o Average order value in 2022 of £200+.
o Average repeat order rates of 30% over 12 months and 50% over 36 months.
o Average CAC of <£65.
- We’ve successfully grown our product range, from bedding – sourced in Northern Portugal from second generation makers – to duvets and pillows – including a recycled down and down alternative fill made in Scotland – and luxurious bath products made in the towelling mecca of Turkey.
- We have a pipeline of new soft and comfy products coming soon, including loungewear, home fragrance and laundry all scheduled to launch during 2022.
- We’ve planted 2,000 trees in rewilding projects in the Highlands of Scotland, as part of our partnership with Trees for Life.
We’re a digitally native brand with the majority of revenue transacted through our website, bedfolk.com.
We acquire and retain customers using a diversified mix of online and offline owned, earned, and paid channels, including (but not limited to) referral, email, social, search, video, PR, direct mail, inserts, influencer, affiliates and podcast.
We’re a premium brand and our customer demographic reflects this, with 33% of orders coming from households in the top 10% of UK affluence, whilst 57% of customers are in the top 25% (based on a commissioned report carried out by Experian).
We are building meaningful relationships with interior designers, holiday rentals, and hotels, which we utilise as both a revenue stream and a customer acquisition channel – people using our products on their holidays are primed to become customers. Trade customers now account for around 5% of monthly revenue.
Use of proceeds
With your support we’ll be putting this round of investment to work in three key areas:
Product: Expanding our comfort collection, including launching Bedfolk Baby, Loungewear, and lots of other soft and comfy things.
People: Continuing to build a best-in-class team, including hires in marketing, operations and finance.
Brand: Inspiring our community with high quality content, investing in the user journey and website experience, and raising awareness of Bedfolk nationwide.
It’s a really exciting time at Bedfolk and we’d love for you to join us in our mission of helping people to Wind Down Well.
Nick & Jo, Bedfolk Founders
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has two share classes, Ordinary shares and Seed shares.
Seed shares will receive a non-redeemable voting share, which carries a right to receive dividends. This class of share has a preferential right to participate in the distribution of capital including on a winding up over the ordinary shares.
Investors in this round, including Seedrs, will recieve Seed Shares, which have been structured to be EIS eligible.
The business has two loans.
1. A Bounceback Loan of £38,445.69 with an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. Monthly repayments of £881.53 began in May 2020 and the loan is to be repaid by May 2026.
2. A Director's Loan of £88,424 introduced by the Founders. The loan carries no interest and is repayable upon exit or by board approval.
£990,787.20 of the investment being reflected as part of the amount raised was received by the company between 14/01/22 and 25/02/22. The investment is on the same terms as the Seedrs investment.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Bedfolk
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.