Protein without compromise. All-natural meat alternatives that are as nutritious as they are delicious.
Ascension Ventures is an early-stage VC built by exited entrepreneurs to back the next generation of tech and impact founders
- 14-fold increase in sales within the last 12 months*
- 200+ stocking points across the UK and launched with Mindful Chef
- 50% average returning customer rate and a best-seller on Amazon
- 4 patents filed, cementing us as a leading Food Tech business
Driven by our uncompromising love for people, the planet and animals, we make protein without compromise.
Using tempeh, a nutritional powerhouse from Indonesia that is packed with protein & fibre and great for the gut, we make naturally delicious meat alternatives.
By applying our proprietary technologies, our plant-based products are 100% free from artificial preservatives, flavourings and ultra-processed ingredients.
We have recently developed a new product range, including our BBQ Ribz and Roast Bites, that caters to health-conscious flexitarians looking for meat-free products that are just as nutritious as they are delicious.
As a rapidly-growing player in a category that grew by 29% in 2020 and is now valued at £530M in the UK alone, our ambition is to own the all-natural meat alternatives segment and become a dominant player in the industry.
That said, this isn't just about good business, it's about doing good. Join our Superbean Squad and invest without compromise!
Substantial accomplishments to date
Since launching in January 2020, we have:
- Increased sales 14-fold*
- Launched with Mindful Chef, allowing our products to reach more than 30,000 households each week
- Launched in over 200 retail locations, including TheVeganKind Supermarket and independents all across the UK
- Secured a listing with Bidfood, one of the UK’s largest foodservice distributors
- Become one of Amazon's best-selling meat-free brands, having shipped over 6,400 orders to 5,000+ unique households with 150+ 5-star reviews
- Had exciting discussions with the UK’s largest supermarkets to bring our new range into the mainstream
*Based on unaudited management accounts
With our relentless focus on developing the best all-natural meat alternatives, we have won 5 international Food Tech awards including the “Most Innovative Plant-Based Food Ingredient Award” at Fi Europe, Europe’s largest ingredients tradeshow.
We have filed 4 patents which give us near-exclusivity to develop products made using tempeh fermentation to disrupt not just the meat-free category but adjacent categories such as plant-based dairy.
We are the world’s first plastic neutral meat-alternatives brand and have created a Belonging Framework with a diversity specialist to ensure that everyone can bring their authentic selves to work. Sustainability, diversity and inclusion sit at the heart of how we operate.
We are continually inspired by our mission to make protein without compromise, and are certain that this is only the beginning!
Better Nature sells via 3 core channels: D2C, Retail and Foodservice.
Over the next 2 years, we plan to build upon the foundations we have already set and to establish ourselves as a leader in the meat-free category. We want to be the go-to brand for all-natural products that can be consumed as a staple by the 25M+ flexitarians in the UK.
This starts by launching our new naturally delicious range in mainstream retailers by late-2021. Costing between £2.50 and £3.00, we want this range to be accessible to everyone.
By late-2022, we plan to launch an improved range of products with even better taste and texture, starting with our Better Burger. We have developed a prototype that will be ready for taste-testing this Summer.
With our brand firmly established, we aim to launch a clean-label protein powder in Q4 2022 to be used in a wide range of products from plant-based dairy to baked goods.
Use of proceeds
With the backing of Ascension Ventures, strategic investors and YOU, we will execute our roadmap by:
- Funding an impactful and engaging marketing campaign to launch our naturally delicious meat alternatives into the UK's best-loved supermarkets and foodservice outlets
- Investing in market-leading R&D to develop exciting new meat-free products to stay ahead of our competitors and to entrench ourselves as a category leader
- Doubling-down on international expansion and moving into key markets such as Germany
- Expanding into adjacent product categories such as plant-based dairy, with our proprietary all-natural protein powder - Betterein™
We will make sure that Better Nature is a widely-loved brand that’s top of mind and top of plate for many years to come.
We have given our time, our passion and our science, so that you can invest without compromise. We would love for you to join our Superbean Squad for the next chapter of our story!
Lots of tempeh love,
Our team of Superbeans xx
The company currently has two classes of shares, Ordinary and Preference Shares. The lead investor, Ascension Ventures, will be issued preference shares for £350,000 of their investment and issued Ordinary shares for the remaining £150,000 of their investment. All other investors in this round, including Seedrs investors, will be receiving Ordinary shares.
The rights attached to the share classes are as follows:
• 1x non-participating liquidation preference on liquidation and exit. This means, upon a liquidation event or an exit, preference shareholders will first receive their initial investment amount before the remaining proceeds are distributed between all shareholders pro-rata. Preference shareholders also have the right to convert their shares into Ordinary shares and have the same rights as other Ordinary shareholders.
• Full voting rights
• Full voting rights
• No preference rights
The company has an outstanding bounce-back loan of £50,000. This is interest-free for 12 months, and 2.5% thereafter. This is to be repaid over 59 monthly installments starting in May 2021. None of the funds raised will be used to repay this loan.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Better Nature
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.