Delivering exceptional dining experiences straight to your doorstep.
- Supporting 10 restaurants to reach over 4k customers in 12 weeks
- Disrupting the delivery model via fair pricing for restaurants
- Differentiated through expert curation & superior service
- Founded by passionate insider Charlie Mellor, The Laughing Heart
Customers all over town have limited access to high-quality food options from the best places in town.
This is due to independent restaurants being alienated from food delivery services. With commissions as high as 35%, unreliable operations support and premium concepts getting lost in the noise of thousands of food options - many restaurants choose not to opt-into delivery at all.
Lack of higher-end delivery options marks a missed opportunity as the over-35s segment with higher purchasing power is growing rapidly. Inundated with options, 61% of non-millennial's find delivery overall frustrating. We believe it is time to create a better option.
Championing the local best, Big Night is an online food delivery service that partners with selected independent food vendors to deliver exceptional meals to customers at home, in their office or wherever they choose, always offering fair commissions with an unparalleled dine-at-home experience.
We already have our SEIS approval, with £135,000 of our allocation left.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Responding quickly to the market need, we created and launched the MVP of our platform in under one week.
- In the first two weeks of operation, we attracted two notable East London eateries: The Laughing Heart and Royale (Leroy) to come on-board. The Laughing Heart is now part of our founding family.
- Soon the highly respected Luca restaurant from the Clove Club group came on-board.
- We currently have signed on 10 notable restaurants and have 10 more in the immediate pipeline. These include: Two Lights, Luca, The Laughing Heart, Sager + Wilde, Royale, Levan, AngloThai, Legare and Mangal2.
- By focusing on agile and iterative development we have brought incremental value to our community since launch.
- Through careful menu planning and platform improvements, we have increased the average order value from £35 to £55.
- Over 4,000 people have ordered via Big Night since our launch.
- We have been featured in Eater and Big Hospitality industry publications.
But we are not stopping there, we plan to:
- Grow the number of restaurants onboard.
- Bring new customers by investing in marketing and PR.
- Create lifestyle products to enhance the dining experience that can be ordered with your meal.
- Introduce memorable unique experience events such as exclusive supper clubs, chef workshops, etc.
- Offer hospitality consultancy, based around the knowledge and experience of our co-founders.
- and of course, expand to other cities here in the UK And Abroad.
We aim to run a transparent business model that helps our community. The better our friends do, the greater the outcome for us. No hidden fees, no small print - just making sure we champion our industry and provide the best delivery service for our customers.
Our platform allows independent restaurants to showcase their menu online and facilitates the delivery of the items to their customers. For this, we charge a 5-6.5% commission from the restaurant and a £1 service charge on each order from the customer.
The drivers are paid a minimum London Living Wage per hour and can earn more depending on demand.
We have loyal customers who come back for repeat purchases and our supportive restaurant partners help us achieve a low-cost new customer acquisition.
We aim to further expand our business model to diversify and grow our revenue, through other opportunities.
Use of proceeds
Built iteratively with design at the core, we are taking a user-centred approach to create a high-quality service to serve the needs of restaurants, customers and Big Night employees.
Currently, Big Night offers restaurants a seamless, bespoke delivery option directly through the restaurant’s website. In our next iteration, we aim to perfect our solution for restaurant partners while improving the service experience for customers.
To achieve this, we will build one shared platform to showcase our restaurant partners, enabling loyal customers to discover more high-quality restaurants aligned to their taste, along with further end-to-end improvements to user experience.
The bulk sum of proceeds will go to building this next iteration of our platform. The second-highest spend will be on marketing to bring new customers to our platform and restaurant partners. The rest will be split over staff, operations and legal.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Big Night
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.