blend my day
Delivering healthy breakfasts straight to your door in the UK and France.
|London, United Kingdom
|Food & Beverage Digital B2C
|26 Apr 2018
- Investment in campaign up to £190k is eligible for SEIS
- Experienced founder who has already sold his first company
- 20,000 breakfasts sold to date
- Disrupting the massive $20b breakfast market (UK + FR)
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But our busy lifestyles lead us to often skip it or grab sugary processed options which leave us feeling hungry and tired by mid-morning.
With blend my day, you won't have to compromise on taste, nutrition or convenience any more. We create, produce and deliver delicious and nutritionist-approved wholefood breakfasts which can be freshly prepared in under a minute. From our iconic range of ready-to-blend smoothies to our new range of ready-to-soak oats bowls, you can say goodbye to morning rush and to mid-morning cravings. Our products are suitable for all diets as they are 100% plant-based, gluten-free and dairy free.
The breakfast market is massive, worth £20 billion in the UK and France alone. Yet, we believe, there has been very little innovation or new exciting products in that space. We want to fill this gap, and become the leading healthy breakfast subscription service in the UK and in Europe.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- March: Alex starts to work full-time on the project - bootstrapping it.
- October: Launched blendmyday.com in France with nationwide delivery and initial range of 12 ready-to-blend superfood smoothies.
- 1,000 products sold in first 4 months.
- Move to a new shared food lab in the outskirts of Paris.
- Joined 1% FORTHEPLANET and pledged to give 1% of all our sales to environmental organizations.
- Raised £150k from Friends, Family and Angels.
- Reached 5k followers on instagram.
- Pop-up smoothie bars in premium gyms (Episod, Dynamo..).
- First listing at a leading online supermarket in France (Houra.fr)
- Launched 2h delivery slot booking (from 9am-10pm)
- Launched improved recipes after getting first feedback and reviews.
- Reached €48 (£45) Average Order Value in July, from €30 a year before
- 8,000 total products sold by end of year
- Launched an innovative range of 4 ready-to-soak "all-in-one" oat bowls (already accounting for 50% of sales)
- Launched a foodservice pilot with major food chain in France
- Expanded in the UK (blendmyday.co.uk) with nationwide delivery
- 50% monthly returning customers in France in Sept 2020 (without subscription plan)
- 10k followers on instagram
- 20,000 products sold to date
We generate revenue from customers purchasing our products on our 2 e-commerce websites: blendmyday.com (France) and blendmyday.co.uk (UK).
Right now, customers can create and order a custom box of 6, 9 or 12 blends on a one-off basis. But we are about to launch a flexible subscription plan giving a permanent discount as well as free shipping. This will further increase our order frequency and Customer Lifetime Value which, with increased supply chain efficiencies, will ultimately aim us towards profitability.
Besides our main direct-to-consumer channel, we are looking to add 2 more channels in the next 6 months:
- Foodservice: we already have some B2B sales (pilots) and will be looking to launch a dedicated foodservice range by spring 2021 with a first major deal in place
- Online retail: we are in discussion with some third party food delivery services in the UK to open a branded store.
Use of proceeds
We have great products that our customers love (4.6 av. customer rating) and a scalable platform (production, e-commerce, delivery) to grow the business and our mission forward in 2 major European Markets.
The money raised will be used to:
- launch a subscription plan to drive repeat purchase and lifetime value
- invest in marketing to grow awareness and drive sales
- build the team in the UK (growth & operations)
- launch new breakfast recipes and formats as well as a foodservice range
The company has the following outstanding loans:
Two COVID - State guaranteed (French) loans with a total of €60,000 outstanding. An average interest rate of 0.47% APR and to be repaid in June 2027. Repayments to commence in July 2022.
Open an account to get access to the team members of blend my day
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.