Borrow A Boat
The award-winning boat charter marketplace. Borrow from 45,000 boats worldwide in more than 65 countries.
- UK's leading boating marketplace, now expanding internationally
- Record revenue and growth in 2022*
- 3 acquisitions completed in the last 12 months
- Boating and travel sectors growing fast, and moving online
Borrow A Boat is the UK's leading boat charter marketplace, with an offering of over 45,000 boats in more than 65 countries.
Often called "the Airbnb of boats", Borrow A Boat pioneered peer-to-peer boat charter in the UK, and now provides access to a huge number of charter boats globally which can be searched by region and filtered and booked online.
From day hire rentals in top locations to 7-day boat and yacht charters to superyacht and luxury crewed sailing trips, Borrow A Boat offers access to all kinds of boats and yachts of all sizes, all available on the website and app at the touch of a button.
Part of a vanguard of companies building the marketplace for boating that the world needs, Borrow A Boat has growth momentum and a track record of strategic acquisitions of competitors. With a skilled and experienced team on board for growth, Borrow A Boat aspires to be the world's leading boat charter marketplace worldwide, and plans an IPO in the not-too-distant future.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Founded in 2016 by serial entrepreneur Matt Ovenden with £4.8m in capital raised to date, Borrow A Boat is the UK's leading boating marketplace.- VC Edition Capital are a keen supporter and investor.
- In 2019 Borrow A Boat was the headline sponsor of the UK's biggest boat show - the Southampton Boat Show powered by Borrow A Boat
- Borrow A Boat raised capital twice in 2021 as the world emerged from the pandemic and completed an acquisition of London-based luxury charter broker, Helm to bolster the team's capability.
- In 2022 booking revenues have been at record levels hitting over £1m for the first time*.
- Two further acquisitions have been completed in Q1 2022, including leading Dutch boating platform Barqo, and UK boat rental site Beds On Board bolstering user accounts, and boat inventories along with revenues.
- An IPO is planned for late 2022 or 2023.
*Based on unaudited management accounts
Borrow A Boat earns commission on each charter booked, which is typically between 15-20%.
Private boat owners, and charter companies can list boats for charter on their terms, and the Borrow A Boat platform, which ranks high on Google, and consistently draws high traffic numbers drawing in customers to book the boats online from many countries worldwide.
Use of proceeds
This round is to boost capital for growth, with Borrow A Boat planning launches into Italy, Germany, Spain and France before the end of 2022, and a bespoke marketing strategy for each country. A host of additional tech enhancements and features are also planned to further hone the technology and UI & UX for users.
Investment is predominantly in the aspects of the marketing strategy by region, and growing the team of software developers.
The company has a number of classes of share with varying voting rights and obligations;
A shares: voting ordinary shares
B shares: non-voting ordinary shares
C Shares: voting ordinary shares, with a right to preferential repayment in an exit below £5m. They participate pro-rata to other shares on returns greater than £5m.
D shares: voting ordinary shares, held by founders, containing certain founder obligations
E shares: non-voting ordinary shares shares, held by employees, containing certain employee obligations
Investors in this campaign will receive C Ordinary shares.
The company has a £30K government Bounce Back Loan with repayment over 5yrs beginning in 2021.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Borrow A Boat
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.