Property investment platform. Helping property asset managers onboard and manage their investors
- Repeat investment rate of 64%
- 24% month on month growth on money invested through our platform
- Successfully exited 3 investments
- £12m being invested through Brickowner
Learn more about convertible campaigns.
For property asset managers and developers, we manage their investor onboarding - Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Client (KYC), investor categorisation, and escrow requirements.
This process is increasing in complexity due to increased regulation, and is often done offline, which is slow and expensive. By taking this online for them, we allow them to save money and focus on their core business, property.
As part of this service, we make these investments easier to access for investors on our platform, providing them with professionally managed property investments they wouldn’t otherwise have access to. This benefits the investors and the asset managers.
Our addressable market is all property developers and asset managers who need to streamline their third party investor onboarding and management, and all investors wanting to invest into property.
Brickowner annual revenues have grown from £10k in 2017, when we launched, to £551k per annum in 2019*.
Brickowner aims to become the leading service provider for property developers and asset managers wanting to improve the cost and efficiency of onboarding and managing investors.
Our model has been proven with repeat business from 2 client groups:
1. Our experience suggests that for property asset managers, on-boarding and managing investors is becoming increasingly complicated. We have automated this process, making it significantly cheaper and quicker than offline processes. Designed to save asset managers time and money, giving their investors an improved customer experience.
2. We started out as a crowdfunding platform, and continue to have crowd investors as our other customer group. They often find it hard to identify or access professionally managed property investments. Such investments are mostly not well marketed, nor open to investors wishing to invest smaller sums. We aggregate these investors and automate the on-boarding so asset managers are able to take their investment.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Our business is growing fast. In 2017 £348k was invested through our platform, by January 2020 over £12m had been invested through Brickowner.
In Q1 2017 the largest single amount invested through our platform was just under £10,000. By 2019 new individual investors were investing up to £200,000.
We have over 2400 investors registered on the platform. Over 630 have invested into investments. Our repeat investment rate is 64%.
We have a 26% conversion rate of sign-ups who become investors, compared to an industry standard of 12%.
Since launch we have achieved on average 24% month on month growth of money invested through our platform.
We have successfully exited three of our investments.
We already have repeat business from our asset manager clients.
Brickowner outlines their fees within the property term sheet for each specific investment. They typically charge 2 fees to the property asset manager / developer:
1. 0.75% per annum of the amount invested.
2. An upfront placement fee of between 2-5%.
Fees vary from investment to investment, depending on the size and type of the investment. Further fee generation will be possible from new products to be launched in 2020 as the business develops. This includes the introduction of a secondary market on which people can sell shares, creating further fees for Brickowner.
Use of proceeds
We are raising this present equity round to cover capital costs to support growth, including:
1. Senior hires to expand our capacity.
2. Significant improvements to our existing tech.
3. Developing some new technology to increase the products we can offer.
4. A new marketing strategy
We continue to follow a strategy towards sustainable growth, with a bottom-line focus on revenue generation.
*Based on unaudited management accounts
The key terms that apply to the Company’s advanced subscription agreement are set out below. See also attached Key Terms document for further details.
- Discount – conversion at a 20% discount to the valuation set by a Trigger Event.
- Valuation cap of £15,000,000 (i.e. a share price of £8.47 based on the company’s current pre-money share capital)
- Conversion is triggered by ("Trigger Events"):
- An Equity Fundraise – defined as the Company raising investment capital of at least £150,000 from one transaction or a series of transactions, in exchange for the company issuing equity shares.
- A Change of Control of the company (transfer of more than 50% of the share capital); or
- An IPO – being a listing of the company’s shares on a recognised stock market or secondary market.
- Longstop Date is 6 months from the date of the advance subscription agreement.
- If conversion has not been triggered by the Longstop Date shares will be issued on the longstop date at the Default Share Price, which is the lower of:
- the lowest price of any shares issued after the date of this Agreement; and
- a price per share of £5.77 (i.e. a pre-money company valuation of £10,211,313.20 on a fully diluted basis). This is the price per share of the Company’s last priced investment round.
- The convertible would also convert to equity at the Default Share Price in the event of winding up or liquidation of the company.
Investors in this round are investing into and will become shareholders of Brickowner Holdings Limited with the company number 11938868. This is the holding company for the group.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Brickowner
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.