Premium gin distilled in the Heart of England, on a journey to revitalise authentic gin.
- Official Partner: Marilyn Monroe, Leicester City FC & Tigers RFC
- Extensive wholesale network: Matthew Clark, Carlsberg, Enotria
- Premium listings: Ocado, Waitrose, Cosy Club, Mitchells & Butlers
- Export markets: Spain, Denmark, Italy, Japan, Thailand, Caribbean
Burleighs Gin has been at the centre of the craft distilling revolution. An innovative and forward-thinking brand, Burleighs has established itself in a highly competitive gin market with its unique offering.
Collaborative in our pursuit of growth, Burleighs Gin are the official gin partner for Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers RFC and the King Richard III foundation. Our latest partnership saw Burleighs Gin introduce global icon, Marilyn Monroe, into the world of gin.
With a well established distribution network across the UK and International markets, we are now looking to grow our business, expanding our collaborations and introducing a truly authentic ’non-alcoholic’ gin to the masses.
After successfully establishing a foothold in the highly competitive gin market, Burleighs plan to diversify our portfolio to enable accelerated growth. The introduction of a 'non-alcoholic gin' will allow entry to the rapidly rising 'low & no' growth sector, now valued at £60 million a year in the UK.
Burleighs also intend to commission production of a 'Ready to Drink' Gin & Tonic can, another growth market driven by the popularity of gin that is now worth £472 million a year.
Not losing focus on our core products is also key. We plan to bolster our market position with the introduction of entry-level miniature variants of our core range and carefully curated collaboration products with unique appeal.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Turnover reached over £700k in FY19/20*
- Official Gin partner of Marilyn Monroe Estate, Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers RFC, and the King Richard III Foundation
- Established a wholesale network across the UK. Listed with Matthew Clark, Enotria & Co, Carlsberg, Molson Coors
- Expanded into the grocer gin market, securing listings with Ocado, Waitrose, and the Co-op
- National on-trade listings secured with Cosy Club, Loungers, All Bar One, Miller & Carter and more
- International distribution in several countries including Spain, Denmark, Italy, Japan, Thailand, Caribbean
- Burleighs hosted a number of sold out, unique consumer events during 2019 including; Picnic in the Gardens, World Gin Day festival and The Great Burleighs Express
- Burleighs have been proud to partner with a number of prestigious brands and events across the UK and worldwide. Events include Monaco Grand Prix, Jersey Boat Show and London Fashion Week
- Included in BBC Good Food Guide's 'Best Gins to try in 2019'
- Rated 5/5* by Difford's Guide
- Burleighs Gin Academy rated 5/5* on Trip Advisor
Burleighs have significantly cut overheads in recent months and are now driving revenue through six channels with our portfolio of high-quality authentic gin:
Wholesale: Currently the biggest route to market for Burleighs Gin, driven by sales at both local and national levels. Introducing a non-alcoholic gin to the portfolio will allow our wholesale trade to grow even further
Trade: Burleighs is also sold to specialist wine merchants, farm shops, and deli's. We intend to grow this market with the introduction of miniature bottles to our portfolio
Grocer: A new market for Burleighs that is showing early signs of growth
E-Commerce: The Burleighs website continues to grow in stature, with direct sales to customer via our online site surpassing £195k in 2019*
Export: Trade in the export market continues to show growth with new markets expected to be secured
Events: The Burleighs Academy & Distillery tours are a growing source of revenue alongside our unique consumer events
Use of proceeds
Funding will be used in five key areas:
New Product Development - 50 %
With the aim of expanding into the 'low & no' and 'ready to drink' growth markets, investment will be used to assist with development costs and to successfully take new products to market
Distillery Expansion - 15 %
In anticipation of increased demand, funds are required to improve efficiency and capacity of production
Recruitment - 15%
Burleighs plan for the sales team to be expanded in 2020, helping to consolidate our position in the market by an increasing rate of sale and brand presence across the UK
Export Growth -10%
Working in collaboration with our export partner we intend to increase available budgets to drive distribution in international markets
Marketing Spend -10%
Burleighs brand recognition across the UK will be heightened by increased marketing spend
*souce: based on unaudited management accounts.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. Two loans from December 2019 for an aggregate amount of £135,000 with an interest rate of 1% per month to be repaid by 1st December 2020. If unpaid by this date, the loan incurs an interest rate of 2% per month. A shareholder and director of Burleighs Holdings is also a director and shareholder of each of these two lenders.
2. A loan of £775,000 from February 2020 with an interest rate of 8% per annum to be repaid by February 2021. This lender is a third party pension scheme with the security holder over this lending being an advisor to the company.
3. A Bounce Back loan of £50,000, interest-free for 12 months, and 2.5% thereafter. This is to be repaid over 59 monthly installments starting in July 2021.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.