Camptoo is a leading marketplace for peer-to-peer motorhome and campervan rental.
|Location||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Sectors||Travel, Leisure & Sport Digital B2C|
|Incorporation date||22 Sep 2014|
- Fastest growing travel company in Europe in 2020, Financial Times
- 350,000+ nights have been booked so far
- Over 100,000 users have experienced travelling with Camptoo
- 4,800+ motorhomes & campervans offered for rent in 15 countries
Why does motorhome ownership cost thousands of pounds each year, while it’s sitting idle on the driveway for 45+ weeks? At the same time, why is it very difficult as a traveller to rent a motorhome during summer school holidays? Via the Camptoo sharing platform travellers can rent a motorhome directly from the owner. This is a win-win for both private motorhome owner and traveller!
Through our web app, users can easily find and rent any of the available 4,800+ vehicles offered in 15 countries. Our product has taken something and made it accessible to a large audience. It turns motorhome ownership into revenue generating venture instead of an expensive hobby.
Launched in 2014, more than 350,000 nights have been booked so far. By removing the friction in the process of renting a motorhome, campervan or caravan, we've made this way of travelling accessible to everyone. Over 100,000 users have experienced travelling with Camptoo, and is increasing year-on-year.
Substantial accomplishments to date
At Camptoo, we see the value of being in nature for everyone. It’s our mission to connect everybody with the outdoors by offering the most simple, safe and fun services for motorhome, campervan and caravan sharing. For travellers, we offer a broad range of vehicles that can be picked up anywhere and at any time desired. For owners, we offer seamless transactions that include a complete insurance and integrated security checks.
In 2020, Camptoo was awarded the fastest growing travel company in Europe in 2020 by The Financial Times.
Previously, Camptoo was part of the Google Launchpad accelerator program in 2015 and awarded “most promising startup” in The Netherlands by Deloitte Technology Fast50 Jury in 2017 and 16th fastest growing tech company in Europe by TheNextWeb in 2018.
Our objective is to rent out 2% of the 5.2 million registered vehicles in Europe by 2024. This way, we're to open up the EUR 37 billion European caravanning & camping market.
Camptoo handles all payments, contracts and post booking admin involved in motorhome rental. We generate revenue by charging a 15% commission fee over every rental transaction on the platform and a £25 service fee. Above this, Camptoo receives kickback fees on motorhome insurance purchased through our platform.
Camptoo provides a cost-efficient alternative for both ownership and traditional rental.
Can earn GBP 5,000 - GBP 10,000 per year (at around GBP 90 per night) instead of just having an estimated GBP 3,000+ in annual costs (eg maintenance, storage, insurance, road tax, depreciation).
Can rent a motorhome when they want, where they want and at an affordable price.
Use of proceeds
Camptoo raised EUR 400,000+ from 310 investors in August 2019. We’ve succeeded in reaching all our goals but one from the last round, and expect to reach the last goal in Q1 2021.
As we’ve successfully accelerated our growth in the UK and AU, we feel it’s the right moment to raise a new round to launch in some Nordic countries as well. We estimate that kickstarting in a new country requires a EUR 200,000 investment. With this investment, we can hire a local country manager, cover legal and regulatory expenses and setup introductory marketing campaigns. For each EUR 200,000 we raise, we believe we can kickstart an additional country.
The Company has the following loans outstanding:
- A crowdfunding loan through Dutch crowdfunding platforms OnePlanetCrowd (OPC) with a remaining balance of € 207,945. This loan has an interest rate of 6% and is to be repaid by January 2025.
- A shareholder loan of €160,000 with an interest rate of 8% to be repaid by July 2023.
- A shareholder loan acting as a bridge loan of € 100,000 with an interest rate of 1% per month.
- An overdraft with an interest rate of 5.76% pa, with a remaining balance of €45,200 to be repaid by October 2022, and a credit line of a total of €247,000 with an interest rate of 5.85%, with a remaining balance of €123,500 to be repaid by October 2022.
- A government backed loan of € 250,000 with an interest rate of 3% granted by Innovation Quarter and backed by the Dutch government to be repaid by June 2023.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Camptoo
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.