Soulful & innovative CBD craft beer to help people naturally unwind, whilst doing our bit for the planet.
- Vegan, carbon neutral, plastic free. 1 case = 2 trees planted
- Highest rated lager in the UK on Untappd
- Nominated for 3 awards at the World CBD Awards
- CBD market expected to reach £1bn by 2025 (UK)
Please note, the campaign is marked as EIS eligible but the business has the full £150,000 SEIS allowance to take up. This will be applied for on a first come, first served basis.
Cannabrew was founded by semi-professional rugby player & craft beer trained Elliot Horner. We founded Cannabrew to brew soulful, innovative & conscious craft beer, to help people naturally unwind, whilst also doing our bit for the planet. CBD became part of Elliot's life after years on the rugby pitch, to aid recovery, inflammation and soreness, it was only logical to pair it with fantastic craft beer.
As a company, we have chosen to contract brew utilising professional and production capacity around the U.K. This allows us to focus on routes to market, sales & marketing. Sustainability is at the core of our ethos, planting two trees for every case sold, and aspiring to carbon-neutral beer production and distribution.
We currently sell three products with a pipeline of new, innovative CBD infused beers coming to market in 2021, including a full alcohol-free core range to offer the consumer an experience enhancement without any of the negative effects associated with alcohol.
Substantial accomplishments to date
In the short time since we launched, and in spite of Covid, we've sold thousands of cans across the country into most major UK cities. We've even begun exporting as far as Hong Kong.
We’ve also planted over 14,000 trees through a sustainability initiative Madagascar with Ecologi, removing an estimated 350 tonnes of CO2 in just 6 months since we launched the project.
Sesh IPA received a constantly strong Untappd rating amongst craft beer fans for its citrus, fresh flavours and blackcurrant undertones. Since launching last September, Soul Lager has become the highest-rated lager on Untappd in the UK achieving a score of >3.96.
We have big plans, both commercially and socially, and what we have achieved so far is only scratching the surface.
The reason for funding is to expand the Cannabrew team, scale production capacity and secure a listing in a major supermarket. With Covid restrictions gradually lifting, we have identified 4 core markets for Cannabrew to expand into further:
1. Off-Trade: We want to continue to grow our network of off-licenses (craft beer shops and convenience stores) and develop our already established supermarket relations in 2021.
2. On-Trade: As venues begin to re-open, we have the opportunity to make Cannabrew available in keg form. This will allow us to expand into a new sector and increase our volume through kegged beer.
3. D2C: Throughout Covid our D2C sales channel has grown significantly and we expect it to continue with continuous innovation through marketing campaigns and new product launches.
4. CBD: The CBD market is growing exponentially; expected to hit £1bn by 2025, from £400m today. As the demand for CBD products grows, we want to become the market leader and go-to company for CBD-infused craft beer.
Use of proceeds
The funds from this raise will go into 3 key areas:
1. Marketing: In order to grow Cannabrew, we need to expand our brand awareness through innovative and creative campaigns - est. spend: 25%
2. Team: With great plans, we need great people to help us achieve our ambitious goals. We will be investing in both sales and marketing roles to fuel our expansion - est. spend: 50%
3. Production and NPD: We want to scale up production to increase our GP margin through economies of scale. The investment will fuel new product development, including our alcohol-free range and limited edition launches to expand our product offering - est. spend: 25%
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Please note the business has an outstanding bounce back loan of £35,000. This loan is interest and repayment-free for 12-months. This is to be repaid 30th June 2021.
Please note funds raised as part of this raise will not be used to repay outstanding debt.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Cannabrew
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.