Learn more about convertible campaigns.
Canyudo wants to ignite a resurgence in human cooperation, asking “what can you do?”, whether that's in the job market, your community or the broader economy.
Our service is assembled from familiar elements. Canyudo's smart little app will share tasks, which are organised by location and then it scores the results.
✔ To-do lists
The design team learned their trade in the games industry, and we recognise the motivating power of a well-devised game.
We believe competition and metrics can help boost efficiency by saving time and money. We think that using game-design to help solve problems is a worthwhile goal.
With your help, we intend on proving this in a lucrative market. This autumn, we plan to launch Canyudo to demonstrate live local staffing.
That's why we're on Seedrs now: to ask what you can do to help our team to:-
📢 Publish this innovative project.
💰 Launch in a market with exceptional revenue potential.
🛠 Help solve problems.
This investment round is being raised by way of a convertible equity investment instrument, in this case an "deferred subscription agreement".
The key terms that apply to the CanYuDo deferred subscription agreement are set out in the Key Terms Document attached to this campaign. In Summary:
Conversion of the deferred subscription agreement will take place:
• On a Qualifying Equity Fundraise of £500,000 or more, at the lower of (i) a 20% discount to the share price paid by investors in the Qualifying Equity Fundraise, or (ii) the share price based on a valuation cap of £5,000,000 (the discount does not apply to this valuation cap).
• If no Qualifying Equity Fundraise has occurred, on the “Longstop Date”, (which will be the date 12 months from the date the deferred subscription agreement is signed), or a winding up. Conversion on the Longstop Date or on a winding up will occur at the previous share price of £1.00, or if lower the price per share issued after the date of the deferred subscription agreement.
• If a change of control or IPO occurs prior to the above events, conversion will automatically trigger at a price per share which is the lower of (i) the lowest price per share issued or sold as apart of an IPO or change of control, discounted by 20%, or (ii) the share price based on a valuation cap of £5,000,000.
Canyudo began life with our team thinking about volunteers and the value they bring to communities.
The team also publish online games through other ventures, and each of these has a distinctly social element.
In our view, game communities run smoothly because of a fabulous minority: gamers who volunteer. These volunteers can assist new players, moderate forums and so on.
We want to recognise this, 'paying forward' what we understand about organising people and adding game design.
During the journey from concept to prototype, we decided to call this 'gamified social tasking', then chose a motto: 'make work play.'
There's a growing market for digitalised services, but perhaps not all service 'app-ideas' have a well-thought-out customer onboarding strategy.
At a time when popups, messages and notifications may induce fatigue, we offer a service designed to cut through distraction and make life easier.
Canyudo aims to help managers and community builders do their stuff, underpinning human values in a joined-up world.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Q3 Concept (Eureka!), Founder Investment I, Market Analysis, Business Plan.
• Q4 Prototyping, Seedrs Movie #1, Founder Investment II.
• Q1 Core Team formed, Seedrs Round I Campaigning & Documentation.
• Q2 Seedrs Round I: Private Equity.
• Q3 R&D, Development Partner, Product Design.
• Q4 Documentation, Service & Comms-Layer, Wireframe.
• Q2 Design #1 Completion, Development Begins, Patent Application #1.
• Q3 Alpha Android & iOS Releases.
• Q4 Closed Beta Release.
• Q4 Back-End Patches for New Features and our Patent goes ‘Pending!’
• Q1 Market Strategy Pivot (Hong Kong FDW Market), Development Revisions.
• Q2 Open Beta, Debugging, Strategy Review, Media Strategy, Charity Outreach Strategy, Blockchain Dev, ICO Planning. Launch Vehicle Design.
• Q3 Draft ICO White Paper, Launch Vehicle Development, Seedrs Round II Planning, KYC Policy Document, Investor Outreach, Corporate Positioning Review, Documentation Review, Seedrs Movie #2, Founders Investment III.
Now & Next (planned/underway).
• Q4 Seedrs Round II, ICO, UX Review, Web Client, Patent Application #2, Delivery I (HelperFirst).
Team Augmentation: Developers & Media.
• Q1-2 Delivery II (Release Version of Canyudo), Charity/’Good Causes’ outreach commences.
• Q2-4 (Ongoing): Software Development, UX review, Media & Marketing.
Canyudo will be free to use for non-commercial users.
When a user posts or responds to a commercial opportunity, we'll charge a commission micropayment and set a (delayed) rolling annual member's fee.
In the games industry, this model is called ‘free-to-play’. It has the purpose of boosting user adoption.
Planned revenue points:-
• A commission per posted or accepted job.
• An annual renewal license, payment deferred for one year.
Following the next phase of development, we intend on introducing per-transaction remittance, supported by blockchain.
Minimum Viable Product (MVP) vehicle:-
In Q4 2018 we'll launch HelperFirst, designed to serve as the MVP vehicle for Canyudo.
HelperFirst is a semi-independent project, leaving the team free to focus on the main branch.
However, the plan aims to generate new Canyudo users and establish a revenue-generating homerun blueprint.
To find out more detail about our MVP launch, please see ‘HelperFirst and Canyudo.’
Use of proceeds
🌱 We're asking Seedrs investors to help Canyudo improve the prototype, bringing it to the standard needed for release.
😍 With your continued support, we feel there is potential for the launch plans to be successful.
♵ Following this round of funding, we have three main objectives.
🔬 Third-party UX Review
By commissioning an independent UX review, we plan to get top quality user-testing and usability improvements completed before launch.
🚀 Dev power-up
We plan to invest in additional front-end developers to support the implementation of the UX review and web version release.
We hope to enhance media reach during the proposed ICO by establishing a marketing department, to also promote the MVP launch, and get it off to a flying start.
📊 To find out more about the project's finances, shareholders may refer to the shareholder's report. Everyone else should read our business plan.
⛓ For further details of the planned ICO, please request a copy of ‘The Canyudo White Paper.’
Please note, the company currently has an outstanding directors loan amount of £151,743. This loan accrues no interest, will not be repaid from investors funds, and is only repayable when the company is profitable.
In Q4 2018 we plan to launch Canyudo in Hong Kong. To facilitate the launch, we built an online Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) employment agency; 'HelperFirst.'
We aim to demonstrate Minimum Viable Product (MVP), get 'on the curve' and establish a lucrative homerun blueprint.
The market opportunity has two typical customers:-
97% Indonesian or Filipino.
Aged 23 - 60.
One in eight Hong Kong families employs an FDW. Most employers are two-income families.
🙋💁Together, these two make up 30% of Hong Kong’s workforce.
💁Employers may have low or no management experience, but each has a domestic employee.
✔ Canyudo combines task scheduling with scoring, to help promote and improve working relationships.
🙋FDWs who use Canyudo will be able to export their score to Helperfirst and benefit in two key ways:-
🛂 Helping to avoid visa problems by finding new jobs ahead of time!
🤑 Helping to raise salary expectations!
For more details, ask for ‘HelperFirst & Canyudo.’
Characteristics of target market
Some useful KPIs from three target markets:-
🙋FDW Employment in Hong Kong - We've estimates our launch market as:
• 371k FDW in Hong Kong.
• 1,076,000 potential user base.
• Indonesia fam. size 3.9 Philippines 4.4.
• 2-year visa/contract cycle.
• (Similar markets) Macau, Singapore, S. Arabia, Brunei, Taiwan, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Canada, Switzerland.
⏳ Short-Lead & Temp Employment a bigger prize
• 260k employment agencies worldwide.
• Global growth in temporary/casual/seasonal work.
• Temp market grew from $130bn in 2014 to $151bn in 2015 in the USA.
💝 'Good Cause' Organisations
The focus of our ICO is a two-coin model which raises money for a Canyudo user's chosen good cause. Here we come full-circle from the original idea and outreach will focus on groups like those listed below.
Schools, Charities, Animal Rescue, Sports Teams, Political Organisations, Religious & Youth Groups, Community Enterprise, Outreach programs, NGO fieldwork and many more.
For further detail, consult 'The Canyudo White Paper.'
We have two market strategies. Here's a short overview of each.
✔ 22k-member 'primer' launch community (Facebook).
✔ Build an online agency, HelperFirst.
🠊 After launch, marketing will focus on candidate workers via Social Media, Live Engagement and Guerilla Marketing, maximising the effectiveness of Canyudo's viral design.
(For more info, see: ‘HelperFirst and Canyudo.’)
💝 Good Cause Outreach, (post-ICO)
🠊 The Canyudo ICO embodies our ethos of giving.
🠊 Central to the design is a revolutionary 2-coin system.
🠊 Funds raised per transaction for good causes.
🠊 Canyudo users may each nominate one 'good cause'.
🠊 Outreach will promote Canyudo as 'the go-to tool for managing and motivating volunteers'.
The original design goal! We are looking to build:-
✔ Brand awareness.
✔ Mass adoption.
✔ Goodwill and mass-media traction.
We’re here to help people help each other, by being good, useful and fun.
(For more info see ‘The Canyudo White Paper.’)
We have a 'next-phase' strategy focused on changing user behaviour. Essentially, a drift away from 'the Social Web'.
We see 'the competition' as follows:-
❎ 'Job apps’ understand market opportunity and technology but they may lack knowledge in shareability and onboarding.
☑ Canyudo's design is viral and social.
“To-Do List” Apps
❎ These aren't specialised to perform socially-connected tasks.
☑ Canyudo will function as a to-do list but adds scoring manager/jobber matching, blockchain-validated ratings, smart contracts for trust, international remittance and even does the fun, social stuff!
❎ Competitors inspire us to improve. We hate bottlenecks, love instant status reports and end-to-end encryption.
☑ Canyudo won't sell user-data.
☑ A pending patent and the ambition to claim a bold new space in this market.
❎ Like relationships, some of us want more than chat and pics.
☑ Action, service, purpose.
🌟 Canyudo is an asymmetric proposal -‘Web 3.0 Social.”
Loading, please wait...