Join CBD One as they enter the food & drink market with an innovative, exciting new range
- Founded in 2017 by brothers Alex & Nick - a qualified osteopath
- Premium range with a strong focus on quality & effectiveness
- Winners of 2022 Family Business Awards in Health & Welfare
- Recently launched innovative range into UK's food & drink market
CBD One was founded in 2017 as one of the only CBD companies in the UK owned by a qualified health professional; Nick is an osteopath & natural health enthusiast with over 15 years experience.
Our slick, eye-catching branding helps emphasise our focus on quality, and we have become known for effective products, genuine care and a "no-gimmicks" approach. Our range of products expands across CBD oils, skincare and now are looking to launch two new products into UK Food and Drink market.
We have developed two new products for the F&B industry; "One Shot" and "Hatcha":
One Shot is an innovative water-soluble formula that looks and works like a coffee-syrup, but adds a shot of CBD to any hot or cold drink.
Hatcha is a CBD powder which can be used in a range of food and drink applications, such as smoothies, as a matcha-style CBD tea and even in manufacturing as a food ingredient.
We believe both of these products have huge potential in the F&B industry, and we’re already seeing good results.
We sell our range through a variety of channels including food and drink outlets, wholesale, health stores, pharmacies and D2C online.
We’re now raising money to grow and help bolster their entry into the food & drink market with our exclusive new range.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We have recently won the 2022 Family Business of the Year awards in the Health & Welfare category.
Our early success and momentum was primarily made via "wholesale" sales to health stores, pharmacies and health practicioners. After many of these either closed or were operating under restrictions due to the global pandemic in 2020, we adapted to take a more online-focussed approach. The online store at cbd-one.co.uk was redesigned and relaunched, allowing impressive growth in direct-to-customer sales, which helped to replace some of the lost wholesale income and keep the business operating.
We're working on new channels which are soon to open for further online growth, and we've recently been approved to launch on eBay, as well as an Amazon UK CBD pilot programme. Both schemes are invite-only and allow chosen CBD companies to sell on two major platforms who have previously prohibited the sale of CBD products.
After teaming up with Cognosco in 2019, we have developed two exciting propositions for the food & drink industry in "One Shot" and "Hatcha" - these were only able to be fully launched in late 2021 after the high street started to recover. Cognosco's sales team started driving sales full-time in January 2022 and have seen exciting momentum start to build.
One Shot can already be found nationwide in Black Sheep Coffee outlets (approx. 50+) and is available through a growing number of coffee shops, wholesalers and distributors.
Discussions are ongoing with a national pub & bar group as well as a major supermarket chain.
We generates income via the following channels:
- Coffee shops & food/drink outlets such as Black Sheep Coffee via distributors such as Elite Fine Foods and Allied Drinks Systems
- Wholesale to stores such as The Health Store and other independents
- Online via cbd-one.co.uk
- Raw materials / bulk-supply to other brands
Now, we are looking for funding to help grow existing sales and expand into new channels including:
Food & drink manufacturers - with Hatcha's non-novel status and versatility, we believe there is a big opportunity to sell in bulk to existing manufacturers for fast-track NPD opportunities involving CBD / cannabinoid-infused foods. Hatcha was designed to work as an ingredient in a wide variety of food applications and does not require the lengthy novel-foods authorisation that complicates the use of CBD extracts.
Hatcha is already being looked at by a major peanut butter manufacturer and other food brands.
Extra funds will also support launches on Amazon UK and eBay.
Use of proceeds
The funding will be used as follows:
- Extra purchase of stock. Estimated 20-25%.
- Salary Expenses up to 2 x new roles (when required) including a sales & marketing assistant – 6 months of salary costs, it is envisaged that after this point the roles will be funded by cashflow. Estimated 8-10%.
- 12 months sales activity via Cognosco Marketing – plus PR, social media, and online marketing. We are building the CBD One brand nationally in the UK and we have identified a campaign that suits our requirements. In 2021 we spent circa £8k per month and would like to increase this to £13-15k per month where required (for example around the time of a large trade show). Estimated 35-40%. This work has begun as disclosed in the Key Information section of the campaign.
- 12 months programme of trade and consumer exhibitions. Estimated 15-20%.
- Full retail range launch on Amazon plus marketing budget. Estimated 1-2%.
- Fluid cash-flow. Estimated 10%.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £50,000 Bounce Back Loan from Santander at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 18/05/2026. The current outstanding balance of the loan is £41,592.70.
2. £75,000 loan from Lancashire County Council at an interest rate of 7.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid by May 2026. The current outstanding balance of the loan is £61,040.84. The loan has a fixed charge over assets of the Company.
3. The Company has an outstanding amount of £26,110.67 owed to the CEO of Pater Zen Producties BV, who manufacture the majority of CBD One's products.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Early Use of Proceeds:
In line with the Use of Proceeds, some work has already been carried out by CBD One's third-party agencies to support the launch of CBD One’s entry into the food & drink market as early as possible. These agencies agreed to carry out this work in advance, with payments beginning in Q4 2022. The amounts owed are below:
1. The Cognosco team commenced initial consultation work with CBD One in late 2021 and then full sales representation in January 2022. To help cashflow while CBD One explored funding options, Cognosco’s directors agreed to carry out the work in advance and allow CBD One to make payments in the final quarter of 2022. As of September 2022 the balance owed to Cognosco is £36,917 (including VAT).
2. Rawlingson Lane agreed to support cashflow by allowing CBD One to clear down invoices due for marketing work when the Seedrs crowdfund is completed. Current balance due for work between February and May 2022 is £10,740 (including VAT).
Nick Tofalos, Co-Founder and CEO of CBD One is currently part-time at the business. Alongside CBD One, Nick is the owner of Garstang Health Food Store, and a practicing osteopath. Nick currently dedicates on average 2 days a week working for CBD One. After this raise, Nick intends to practice Osteopathy less, and dedicate more time to CBD One.
Alex Tofalos, Co -Founder of CBD One is full time at the Company and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business.
Sale Agreement with Cognosco:
CBD One’s contract with Cognosco Marketing includes a performance-based incentive relating to the sale of all or part of the equity of the CBD One company, including Intellectual property.
An incentive of the gross monies raised shall be paid to Cognosco Marketing Ltd - with this applying during the period of Cognosco's mentoring of CBD One, and for a period of five years beyond any termination of the services. The incentive is based upon any increase in the Company's turnover over and above £380,000, at the time of the complete or partial sale of the Business.
Upon a sale, the incentive is structured as per the below:
The 'Hatcha' name is trademarked by the German Hemp Farm which produces the Hatcha product. CBD One have permission to use this trademark, although there is no formal agreement in place.
FSA Novel Food Authorisation:
The Company has submitted the relevant products for FSA Novel Food Authorisation. The products are yet to receive approval as this process can take 12-24 months.
Open an account to get access to the team members of CBD One
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.