The Cheeky Panda
100% Ultra Sustainable, Low Carbon, Bamboo Tissue Products.
- Amazons choice and a bestseller
- Sold in major retailers worldwide
- Year on Year High Sales Growth
- B Corp and Carbon Balanced Brand
Learn more about secondary campaigns.
The Cheeky Panda is a B Corp which offers a range of sustainable bamboo tissue and hygiene products that are available across Europe, USA, China and the Middle East with some of the worlds top retailers including Boots, MonoPrix and Carrefour.
The Cheeky Panda is a category disruptor as we believe household tissue has seen very little innovation over the past few decades. Consumers seek more authentic and environmentally friendly brands and this is leading to mass adoption of the products with over 1,000 5 star reviews across multiple platforms including Amazon, Morrisions and Ocado.
The overall hygiene market is valued at over $200bn a year and our consumer research shows that we can be more than a 1% brand with more than 51% of people in a consumer survey saying they would swap from Kleenex to The Cheeky Panda.
Substantial accomplishments to date
· April 2016 - The company completed a rewards based crowdfund.
· August 2016 - Toilet tissues launch in market in the natural organic channel and on Amazon.
· 2017 - First International supermarket confirmed: BioPlanet.
· June 2017 - First employee Kelly Burcher hired.
· August 2017 - Sales grew to circa £20k monthly*, Seedrs round for £500k at 10% equity.
· December 2017 - Team grew to 5 people and products sold in 5 countries.
· March 2018 - Nominated Amazons choice in the UK for toilet tissue.
· May 2018 - Sales Grew to £50k* a month listed with Ocado, Wholefoods, Planet Organic and As Nature Intended,
· May 2018 took 5% media for Equity deal with Northern and Shell at a £20m post-money valuation.
· February 2019 - Listings with Boots and WHSmith.
· April 2019 - Sales Grew to £250k* a month.
· May 2019 - Second Seedrs round raises nearly £1.6m closing after just a few days in the public round.
· December 2019 - Baby wipes ranked highest selling new product launch of 2019 by the Grocer and Nielsen Data.
· January 2020 - Baby Wipes win product of the year 2020.
· Feb 2020 - Featured on This Morning on ITV.
· March 2020 - Monthly sales pass £500k* for the first time.
· May 2020 – Monthly sales pass £1m* for the first time
· June 2020 Total sales for the year £5.1m* a 200% increase on previous year
· December 2020 – Featured in Sunday Times Fast Track – Ones to Watch
The company buys and sells bamboo tissue products.
Gross Margins vary depending on product lines. Gross profit is typically circa 40%*.
The Cheeky Panda is profitable per unit, and we are targeting a net profit margin of 20% going forwards.
The company seeks to grow revenue to over £50m a year then list on the London Stock Exchange in the Growth Category.
* Source: Unaudited management accounts
Due to the demand for shares on the secondary market over the past 6 months the founders are providing additional liquidity by selling up to 3% of their holding. Three of the other early investors are also seeking to get some liquidity from their initial investment. They will each still be holding 50% or more of their shareholding as they all believe in the long term prospects of the business.
Shares purchased through a secondary campaign are not S/EIS eligible and could impact your ability to claim S/EIS relief on future investments in this business.
Open an account to get access to the team members of The Cheeky Panda
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.