Clean Kitchen Club
Bringing plant-based food to the mainstream! Not just for Vegans!
- 6 kitchens in prime locations across London, aiming for 8 by 2023
- £725K in revenue within 12 months of operating*
- Corporate catering clients include Amazon, Candy Kittens & Sky
- Backed by leading investors including ex-global CEO of McDonald’s
Clean Kitchen started life in 2020, when Founder and YouTuber Mikey discovered the benefits of a plant-based diet firsthand after losing 5 stone in a health kick. Inspired, he started Clean Kitchen with a simple mission - to bring plant-based food to the mainstream.
Joined by co-founder and sustainability lead Verity Bowditch later that year, we opened our first restaurant in early 2021 in the heart of London. From then, things took off with a £725k year 1 revenue. Since then, we have expanded our physical presence across London Quick Serve Restaurants (QSRs) and diversified into b2b corporate catering and retail. The QSR market alone is set to be worth almost £1 trillion by 2028, and we seek to be the ‘plant-based McDonalds’ - offering a complete, 100% plant-based menu that caters to all, set up to serve a rising, progressive shift in consumer lifestyles that calls on eco-conscious living.
Join the plan-based revolution.
Substantial accomplishments to date
In less than 2 years, we’ve come a long way already..
June 2020 - Inspired by the impact of plant-based diets on his own health, our Founder, Mikey, launched a vegan Deliveroo brand from a home kitchen in Brighton.
August 2020 - Mikey then moved the operation to a beach shack in Brighton and used his online profile to build an audience.
September 2020 - Verity joined Mikey as Co-Founder to lend her expertise and online profile to help build the brand.
January 2021 - Together, they returned to London and ran the business through Dark Kitchens on Deliveroo.
August 2021 - Mid-pandemic, they committed to the brand and launched their first dine-in concept in Camden.
September 2021 - Completely bootstrapped, they achieved revenues of almost £800,000 after just over 12 months of operations*.
November 2021 - Raised £1.1m in equity from investors including ex-Chairman of Quorn.
March 2022 - 5 sites secured, average of 1.5m monthly social impressions and an operational team in place, ready to scale.
June 2022 - 2 exciting new sites in Notting Hill and Soho secured.
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
Clean Kitchen is a robust, omnichannel company:
Our Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR) offerings offer dine-in, grab 'n go, takeaway and delivery options. The kitchens are the current focal point of the brand, set to grow and built for large-scale expansion. Additional revenue verticals include our corporate catering arm, which already has already worked with clients including Amazon and Candy Kittens. We’ve also just been named the preferred ‘green supplier’ for the new Sky Studios.
Finally, we have plans to launch our retail offering in early 2023, where we aim to have Clean Kitchen products listed at major physical and online retailers. We believe this represents a significant opportunity to grow and diversify our income and get Clean Kitchen products into more customers' baskets’ every week of the year.
Use of proceeds
With your support we’ll be putting this round of investment to work in three key areas:
60% Growth and Sales:
- Fund rollout of new sites across London
- Invest in a central kitchen to drive consistency across all sites, increase the volume of product available to each store, expand our delivery reach, and catering arm
- Expand our product range and grow retail listings
- Continue growing HQ team with key hires, including a Financial Controller, Sales Manager and Managing Director.
- Expand the restaurant team, including Chefs, Front of House and Product Development.
20% Brand & Marketing:
- Expand our social media presence and create new content across our platforms.
- Grow our influencer outreach whilst investing in traditional marketing campaigns and paid digital advertising.
- Invest in exciting multi-channel campaigns to capture the attention of our target audience in a way that resonates with them.
- Creating out of home media campaigns to drive store footfall
Terms & Conditions:
- Rewards will become valid once our funding round has closed and shares issued to investors, at which point we will issue redeemable codes to eligible investors for the period stated if time sensitive.
- Proof of existing share ownership may be required when redeeming codes in-store.
- Event capacity may be limited and so will be available one a first come, first serve basis
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Clean Kitchen Investments Ltd. is the top-company, investment company, and IP holder of the brand.
The company trades and always has traded through Champons Ltd. This is the trading company which is wholly owned by Clean Kitchen Investments Ltd.
The company also has five other wholly owned subsidiaries; Clean Kitchen Camden Holdings Ltd, Clean Kitchen Vegan Ltd, Clean Kitchen BPS Ltd, Clean Kitchen Wardour Street Ltd, and Clean Kitchen IP Ltd.
Seedrs Investors will be receiving shares in Clean Kitchen Investments Ltd.
£354,982.68 of the investment being reflected as part of the amount raised was received by the company between 19/04/22 and 06/05/22. The investment is on the same terms as the Seedrs investment.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Clean Kitchen Club
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.