A data collection platform helping football coaches develop better players and win more matches.
- Sheffield, United Kingdom
Categories: Travel, Leisure & Sport Digital B2C
- Social Media
- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
Coacher is a web and mobile app that enables football coaches to develop better players and win more matches. With our innovative data capturing capabilities, powerful statistics and in depth practice planning, coaches can now take their coaching one step further.
I had the idea for Coacher when I stopped playing football and started coaching. An amateur football coach records a massive array of information each season, such as training data, match data, and regular admin data. This is generally done using pen, paper, and Excel, which is inefficient and difficult. We have developed a solution to this problem.
One thing I have learned from my experience is that it does not matter what league you are coaching, from amateur kids to professional football, we all want our team to win and amateur coaches also want to use technology to improve team and player performance.
Coacher is changing and improving the way amateur coaches work. They can now say goodbye to paper, pens and Excel spreadsheets, and use an integrated solution that combines everything they need from training to the match day.
Coacher’s impact on Football Coaches:
1) More Efficient Team Management - Coacher simplifies all the admin work behind coaching from keeping track of matches and training attendance to keeping up to date player profiles.
2) Training Sessions Made Easy - Coaches will no longer have to spend hours and hours every week, printing or even hand drawing their training sessions! Thanks to Coacher they could now do it by simply dragging and dropping exercises, or choose from a selection of carefully curated training sessions from our database.
3) Effortless input of information - We have developed Coacher iPad app which is the easiest and fastest way to register what is happening during matches (fouls, shots, cards, substitutions, offsides, ball recovery – the list goes on!) by selecting player, action and the location on the pitch.
4) Meaningful statistics - By giving coaches a better understanding of their players’ performance as well as their team as a whole they will ultimately win more matches, which is what every coach cares about. Coacher converts the data from training sessions and matches into meaningful statistics that gives our coaches the competitive advantage.
Coacher’s impact on Football Clubs:
1) Clubs who purchase our Club subscription plan are able to provide every coach they employ with their own Coacher account. This means that all valuable team and player data as well as the notes and insight of the coach will stay with the club, regardless if the coach leaves.
2) Our club subscription plan also improves communication between coaches of different age groups. When a player moves from the U12's to the U14's for example, all past performance and training data is available to the new coach, which facilitates player development from one coach to the other.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We have officially launched the Coacher beta iPad app earlier this month after having spent over one month in closed beta working with over 50 football coaches.
● Developed and launched Coacher native v.1 iPad app
● The web version is under development which would allow coaches to use Coacher from any computer screen
● We have built a large online football coaching community from the ground up, one of our coaching blogs had over 200,000 unique visitors in the past three months with £0 spent on marketing
● We have two Facebook coaching pages with 30,000 likes combined and we own 4 Facebook groups with over 16,000 members combined and we are also registered in over 250 Facebook football coaching groups that we use to generate engagement
● Over 10,000 football coaches have showed interest and have signed up to trial Coacher and are now being invited on a batch by batch basis the first ones to trial our app.
● Pre-product, we raised investment from Dotforge and from Faber Ventures
● Graduated from the Dotforge accelerator programme based in Sheffield, UK
Coacher’s business model is software as a service (SaaS) with a simple monthly subscription.
● Football Coaches - £13 p/m
● Football Clubs - From £100 p/m
As we grow our platform we intend to introduce additional premium features that would generate additional revenue such as:
● Video analyses
● Tactical board
● Skills Rating
● Wearable technology integration
With the growing number of coaches the number of registered players will also increase and this opens up several potential revenue streams such as:
● Player gamification to improve their skills
● Targeted advertising of sports equipment
● Parents/fans live push notifications
Use of proceeds
We plan to use the proceeds to support the launch and further development of Coacher in preparation to raise a larger seed round investment early next year.
● Key People - We plan to expand our team. We will be hiring 2 mobile developers.
● Further develop the technology - We will accelerate the further development of the web version and the iPad app and intend to start developing the Android app in early 2015.
● User growth and Marketing - We will focus on increasing our coaching user base and start further developing strategic partnerships.
If you are a Football Coach and invest in the campaign, besides becoming a Coacher shareholder you will have access to exclusive Coacher rewards on individual coach subscription:
Investment equal to or over £100 - lifetime 10% discount
Investment equal to or over £250 - lifetime 20% discount
Investment equal to or over £500 - lifetime 30% discount
Investment equal to or over £1000 - lifetime 50% discount
Coacher is targeting football coaches and football clubs.
Football Coaches - We target primarily the amateur and semi-professional football coaches from grassroots to adult football, both qualified and unqualified. But we also believe that professional coaches would also be interested in using the Coacher app.
Football Clubs - The main focus is the amateur and semi-professional clubs that are keen to better develop their players and raise the coaching standard from the grassroots to adult football. We believe that Coacher will also have a valid value proposition for professional clubs in particular for their grassroots departments. The top professional clubs are not our target market because they normally have expensive services or have their own bespoke software, that in both cases can cost hundreds of thousands each season and plus they have data scientists and analysts.
Coacher will be available in English, Portuguese and Spanish with additional languages on the horizon. We will focus our initial marketing efforts on the UK and Spanish markets.
Characteristics of target market
The use of technology in professional sports is being used more often than ever before and the people involved in amateur sports also want to have the competitive advantage that technology provides.
Globally we estimate that there are over 6 million football coaches. Around the world the coaching market is growing fast, for example, here in the United Kingdom, by 2018, the FA plans to train 250,000 new football coaches.
Coacher’s short term vision is to become the number one brand in the world for football coaching tools but we have the potential to dominate a much wider scope of the amateur sports industry in the future by implementing features that can help football players improve their skills. Globally there are over 265 million football players.
To begin with we are focusing on football but we intend to expand into other team sports, considerably increasing our total addressable market.
Our plans to reach our target audience are as follows:
1- Leverage the list of 10,000 coaches who are waiting to join our beta, the organic coaching community that we have created from our blog (over 200,000 unique visitors in the past four months), the Facebook pages that have over 30,000 likes combined and all the Facebook groups that we are part of.
2 - Digital marketing advertising costs are still low in the coaching niche and SEO for keywords are also not very competitive, this is an area where we want to dominate.
3 - Another key strategy to reach football coaches are partnerships with football federations and associations, football coaching associations, football leagues and sports sponsors.
We have in depth knowledge of the football coaching market and we will attack it with an offensive tactic in all the points above but we believe that we will also have a strong viral effect within the clubs, leagues and each coach network.
The amateur sports coaching market is a large niche market that it does not have a clear market leader and that is where we want to position Coacher.
Coacher, as well as improving the way football coaches collect and analyse data from games, also makes planning training sessions so much easier and faster. Having these two key features combined with all the team management capabilities, we cover the complete coaching workflow. We believe that gives us a huge competitive advantage.
Besides having a great product we also have a strong knowledge of this market and feel we have the ability to reach them and generate engagement on a large scale.
Competition is highly fragmented; we have identified companies that only do one of the following:
- Training sessions
- Tactical Board
- Basic game statistics
- Team organization and communication with players
This means that coaches have to pay different subscriptions in different websites and all their team data is spread across several platforms.
But a large percentage of the market is still using pen and paper to do all this, technology has never been so accessible and now is the time to make coaching more about coaching a less about boring admin work.