Collider Amsterdam 2017
Collider is an accelerator, fuelling the next generation of marketing and advertising tech startups.
|Sectors||Advertising & Marketing Digital B2B|
Collider is an accelerator, fuelling the next generation of marketing and advertising tech startups. Founded in London in 2013, Collider has delivered 5 accelerator programmes investing £4.4m (both equity and debt) into 42 startups. They have been nurtured through our existing network of industry sector investors who assist our companies at the highest level and been given the opportunity to connect with some of the world’s leading brands and agencies fastracking their growth.
Building on the experience and traction gained in London, Collider is opening up its first accelerator programme in Amsterdam and we are now giving you the opportunity to invest in a new portfolio of startups who will join the Collider Amsterdam Accelerator Academy this Autumn.
We have chosen Amsterdam for our first oversees programme because of its excellent startup climate, a world class advertising scene and because it is home to global or European HQs of leading brands. All essential ingredients for our startups to thrive and grow their businesses. We will facilitate engagement with many of these corporates, fast-tracking their access to the newest innovative technologies and so helping the startups go to market and scale up. This will provide you with a unique opportunity to invest in a portfolio of remarkably well supported madtech startups over the long term with a view to maximise returns.
• Invest in a Portfolio of up to 8 hand-picked, early stage Marketing & Advertising Startups.
• Become part of an exclusive network of extraordinary, successful investors who become your peers.
• Opportunity to add value to the portfolio of startup businesses.
• Early access to globally sourced investment opportunities.
• Invest in a fast growth sector early, with potential for maximising returns.
• Taking the hard work out of investing by backing a portfolio of startups.
• Access to follow on investment opportunities and the chance to improve personal returns.
WHAT SETS US APART FROM OTHER PROGRAMMES
1. Collider’s model of working alongside brands & agencies is unique and has been developed and refined for over 5 years. We encourage deep engagement between global brands and startups, aiming to fast track product market fit and commercial success.
2. Collider is backed by a network of industry specific investors who understand the sector and what it takes to build a valuable business. They are encouraged to take a hands-on approach from the beginning, by providing ongoing advising sessions and connections.
3. True long term support and startup engagement (even after they graduate), introducing the startups to new Collider brand & agency partners and ad-hoc brands as well as investors.
4. Collider provides over 120 hours of one-on-one coaching. Each startup has a dedicated coach that covers everything a startup needs to know to get ahead.
5. Our Demo Day is run as a Commercial launch, where not only potential investors, but also potential clients are invited to watch the startups’ fantastic presentations.
Our startups benefit from the support of successful marketing and tech entrepreneurs, as well as corporate brand and digital experts. In the UK this support has proven to continue on the longer term, not only by access to expertise and network but also through follow on investment.
Examples of successful startups include:
Avocarrot, a 2013 Collider alumni, was acquired earlier this year by adtech company Glispa Global Group for 20$m. Avocarrot is a native advertising Supply-Side Platform.
Pixoneye offers predictive personalisation technology. They raised 2 rounds one of 400k and a round of £2.4m round at £6.8m post money valuation from existing and new investors. Recently, Santander InnoVentures added them to their portfolio
Seenit turn your employees into a camera crew via their mobile phones. They raised £600K investment and reached £1+m in revenues.
Miappi pulls brands’ social networks together in one place to give their audience a single, handsome view of what they are saying across multiple channels. Miappi has raised follow-on funding from Downing Ventures and a number of Collider investors.
LivingLens makes any video searchable. They are working with leading international market research agencies and, following significant growth in 2016, LivingLens secured £1.3m of funding this year.
Note: some figures refer to the past, and past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
WHAT DOES COLLIDER INVEST IN?
We invest in early-stage MadTech tech startups. You can find the startups from our previous cohorts in London here: http://collider.io/the-team
We invest specifically in technology startups that are building disruptive platforms, products and services that enable brands to better find, understand, engage and sell to their consumers.
We look for startups with a top-notch team and great ideas who we believe have the potential to create game changing companies in the Madtech sector.
Programme minimum requirements
Investment decision making process
We have received over 200 applications and run a structured, defined and strict Selection Process to assure the best Startups are chosen. Lead Investors can participate in the final selection Committee
HOW DOES COLLIDER ACCELERATE STARTUPS?
A uniquely structured acceleration programme
Collider has a proven working acceleration model which has been refined for over 5 years
WHO'S DELIVERING THE MAGIC?
• Ellen Bark-Lindhout, co-founder and leading Collider NL, has 20 years international experience in A brand marketing & innovation and a track record of building new teams and capabilities, including Open Innovation for Heineken. Ellen will take on one of the crucial coaching roles in the programme, in tandem with seasoned trainer, startup coach, writer and entrepreneur Arthur Tolsma.
They will do this alongside two dream coaches:
• David Prais, co-founder of Collider UK, now involved as non-exec. He was Director of Global Marketing at Gateway before setting up Chumbo.com, which he sold to AOL in 1999. Good timing, David. He's Collider's maverick, the guy who sees stuff that other people just don't. No, not ghosts. New applications for technologies, new routes to market, new customers - that's David's schtick.
• Quintin Schevernels, who is involved in Collider NL as Strategic Advisor and Investor, has rich experience in executive roles for leading media companies and start-ups. His track record shows his particular strength in managing change: Quintin started, transformed, merged, grown, bought, sold, but also downsized and stopped businesses. With ups and downs – a perfect match with startup dynamics.
Rose Lewis and Andy Tait, closely involved in Collider NL, founded Collider UK five years ago and all have experience of building and selling companies.
o Rose Lewis is ex- VC having worked at 3i which explains why she is good at helping startups fundraise and ex Ziff Davis, which partly explains her hustle mentality.
o Andy Tait is a tech entrepreneur, having joined Superscape and helped it grow from seed funding to IPO. Understands current marketing tech trends, particularly mobile, VR.
The rest of the team have blue-chip backgrounds but have been lured in by the excitement of working with startups. They bring the organisational skills and discipline to keep things running smoothly.
WHO AM I INVESTING ALONGSIDE?
We’re focused on MadTech so we mainly work with investors from marketing and advertising backgrounds, or who have founded successful internet business. Investors who are prepared to roll their sleeves up and help our startups with their experience and network. Our investors tend to have held senior roles at global brands, or have built and sold their own agencies / companies. By investing in the Amsterdam Class of 2017, you have the opportunity to learn, teach, and build personal and professional relationships with some of the most interesting and intelligent people in MadTech.
We’d love it if you have knowledge of the industry but, of course, it’s not essential. Startups need help running their businesses as well, so expertise in any of these areas is beneficial.
By investing in this campaign, you are investing for the equity of each of the startups that will make up the Collider Amsterdam Class of 2017.
The investments will be made as follows:
8 startups will each receive €37,500, less fees (as set out below*) for 4% equity to investors. The company will also issue 2% equity to Collider*.
*See “Nitty gritty of the deal” to understand how the deal works.
Nitty gritty of the deal
Each of up to 8 startups selected to participate in the programme receives a total investment of €37,500 and shall issue 4% in equity to the investors. Each startup will also issue 2% in equity to Collider and will pay Collider a fee of €4,000 plus VAT to take part in the four-month programme. Each startup will pay Seedrs a fee of €3,500 in lieu of Seedrs' regular commission on the campaign.
We love having active investors who can directly add value to the startups. And our investors love it too. Below is our proven framework for engaging with startups from an investment point of view, and how you’ll be able to get involved with the Collider Class of 2017.
• €5K – Welcome to the Collider Community. You’ll get an invitation to the Collider Launch Party, Demo Day, and monthly mail updates.
• As from €25K you’re in as a lead investor. You’ll get special invites to Founders Dinner, coordinated one-on-one mentoring with the startups, exclusive Investor events and free pass to the Collider Startup Academy sessions, in addition to all mentioned above.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Collider Amsterdam 2017
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.