Healthy, great tasting, grain and gluten-free products stocked in Selfridges, Wholefoods, Planet Organic.
We produce truly healthy, great tasting GRAIN-FREE and GLUTEN-FREE nutritionally dense products, currently stocked in Selfridges, Wholefoods, Planet Organic, Revital, and a number of independents across the UK. We will soon be launching in As Nature Intended. We aim to be stocked in more high-end supermarkets in the next 6 months
Eating grain-free has been shown to likely be anti-inflammatory, gut-healing, hormone and blood sugar-balancing as well as having a positive impact on mental health and wellbeing.
Grain-free Breads: Great Taste award winning, low sugar, low carb and high in protein.
Grain-Free Sweet Loaves: Nourishing cakes made with real, good ingredients.
Raw* Cookies, Macaroons and Granola: Award-winning raw and vegan treats.
Raw* Crackers & Crisps: Low carb, raw and vegan guilt free snacks which are high in Omega-3.
*Raw meaning low temperature dried to retain enzymes so essential for digestion.
Alexi's distinction-awarded thesis provided evidence that a diet of high raw, gluten, dairy and sugar-free foods enhances work productivity and emotional wellbeing.
Veganism is one of Britain's fastest growing lifestyle movements, rising by 360% over the past decade (2006-2016). The sales of gluten free foods in Britain doubled between 2010 and 2015 and the entire UK free-from market is estimated to be valued at £637m by 2020. The growth trajectory in this sector is showing no slowdown.
We believe that today's synthetic foods that are overly processed, nutritionally deficient and full of additives and preservatives are a major contributor to the obesity / diabetes / cancer epidemics. Diabetes has reached an all time high in the UK, with 80-85% of type-2 diabetes being caused by obesity.
Our range of truly healthy but tasty products offers a great alternative to the current on-shelf offering, which in our opinion is lacking in nutritional benefits or range. We create food worth eating; food people have described as important.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Our journey began in 2011 when Alexi established a detox delivery business, after establishing through her Masters degree course that food significantly effects work productivity. - Her clients so loved the snacks, Alexi had a lightbulb moment. By creating a line of retail products, she could help many more people by producing convenient, yet truly healthy snacks that are also delicious.
- In late 2013, she began testing the market at the Duke of York Square Saturday market stall in Chelsea.
- In 2014, the business was rebranded as Cru8.
- In 2015, we were stocked in Wholefoods Market.
- In 2016, Cru8 launched several new Paleo bread flavours and were stocked at Planet Organic.
- In 2017, we launched our new website and online store, launched on a number of other online marketplaces and were stocked in a number of independent stores and farm shops.
- We are now stocked in Selfridges and about to launch into Revital and As Nature Intended.
We are now poised to open a much larger production facility to fulfill our projected sales growth, as we plan to enter into key high-end supermarkets and online retailers.
We have a multi-channel distribution network:
- Wholesale: 30+ stockists in London and across the UK.
- We are catering to gyms and delis.
We are looking to expand our distribution internationally into selected cities and have new products in development, such as a Paleo line in 2020 and Kids Cru line 2021, thereby further increasing our range.
We believe we are perfectly positioned to capitalise on the dramatic increase in demand for free-from foods.
Use of proceeds
Sales & Marketing: 50%
Focused on development of the brand and generation of sales through social media, digital marketing and retailer promotions. We're planning to build a new website and implement an aggressive online sales strategy.
New kitchen premises and equipment: 20%
To move into an already identified production facility and purchase equipment to create substantial production efficiencies.
Key Hires: 30%
To hire experienced marketing and operations managers.
Cru8 currently has an outstanding directors loan of £200,000.
This loan accrues no interest and is repayable on demand.
The proceeds of this fundraise will not be used for the repayment of any debt.
Related Parties and IP
Investors in this campaign will be investing in Sage 8 Foods Limited, which is registered with Companies House under number 11028603. Sage 8 Foods Limited owns and operates the Cru8 brand and all associated trademarks and IP.
A founder of Sage 8 Foods Limited also owns another company, Cru8 Deli Limited, registered under Companies House number 10380839. This company is not formally related to Sage 8 Limited and investors will not receive any exposure to this business.
Sage 8 Foods Limited supplies Cru8 Deli Limited with products on an arms length basis and has informally allowed the business use of their brand.