Crua develops technically advanced & disruptive insulated tents for both recreational and commercial use.
|Sectors||Travel, Leisure & Sport Mixed Digital/Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Company number||553249 (Ireland)|
|Incorporation date||26 Nov 2014|
- Temperature controlled, light blocking & sound dampening tents
- 2.5 X Revenue growth in 2020 to over $2.5m*
- 20,000+ customers, 100+ countries & growing - US primary market
- Crua Aer - Insulated Rooftop tent range - launched in 2021
Learn more about convertible campaigns.
Thermo Tents Limited (Trading as Crua Outdoors) designs and develops thermally, acoustically, and light insulating tents. We incorporate cutting-edge material technology into our unique designs to solve a very real problem; tents can be very uncomfortable.
With Crua, a camping trip provides a restful night’s sleep, creating an enhanced outdoors experience. Our 20,000+ customers in 100+ countries prove that comfort is important to campers.
Revenues more than doubled in 2020, and we've been busy launching six new products in 2021.
We believe we're now positioned and ready to move from start-up to rapid growth, and this round of funding will be instrumental in enabling that growth.
Substantial accomplishments to date
✓ Enterprise Ireland High Potential Start-Up.
✓ Voted among 100 Hot Start-Ups by Sunday Business Post.
✓ Twelve successful crowdfunding campaigns, including seven successful product launches.
✓ eCommerce boosted by developing bespoke Augmented Reality technology.
✓ Superb service ratings.
✓ 'Excellent' rating on Trust Pilot.
✓ Member of the American Petroleum Institute committee, responsible for Blast Tent design.
✓ Products tested and approved by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the USA.
Research and Development:
✓ 6 product launches completed in 2021, 2 more are scheduled for 2022.
✓ Becoming the tent expert in all things pertaining to temperature and sound regulation, as well as modularity, in recreational tents, with a focus on real innovation in an industry that is ripe for disruption.
✓ 20,000+ customers in 100+ countries.
✓ Revenue growth 2.5x in 2020, year on year (despite Covid-19)
✓ In discussions with an eCommerce data platform to enable us to use the power of data to become more efficient at a significantly larger scale
✓ Trademarks registered in the USA
✓ Trademarks registered in the EU
✓ 2 patent applications underway
✓ The management team and Board are in place with significant and demonstrable track records in relevant disciplines, including eCommerce, NPIs, and finance.
✓ As we continue to strive to minimise our environmental impact, we're seeking ways of reducing packaging, using recycled materials where possible, and limiting the use of chemicals in our tents.
As we are a product-based company, our revenues primarily come from the sale of Crua products, primarily across North America, the UK, and the EU. Our products are currently manufactured by third parties, with some prototyping in-house.
Increasing Gross Margin to over 40% is a key part of our 2022 strategy aiming to ensure positive EBITDA moving forward.
Modularity is a key part of our design strategy. As well as helping to offer a unique product range, this also encourages repeat customers and promotes higher lifetime value of our customers.
We primarily sell Direct to Consumer (online) through our own website, Amazon, and New Product Introduction platforms such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo. We do have some B2B sales through strategically chosen retailers such as Bass Pro and Cabela's.
We sell B2B, either to end-user or facilities suppliers.
We are seeing commercial sales opportunities with our new Roof Tents, B2B as well as D2C online.
Use of proceeds
• Increase Sales and Marketing activity, including the growth of the team in this area and the launch of the re-brand in Q1 2022. By building and utilising an aggressive organic marketing strategy we plan to rapidly increase brand awareness.
• Re-platform and plug into more sophisticated data-driven ecosystems for marketing and logistics. This will allow us to leverage off big data analytics, experienced eCommerce teams, and to benefit from shipping economies of scale.
• Hire of a senior 'Key Person' into the business (part-funded by Enterprise Ireland grant) and growth of the team in other key areas - in the USA, Ireland, and the UK.
•Supply Chain optimisation and increased working capital - with the intention of significantly increasing order volumes, thus limiting out of stocks and increasing Gross Margin through economies of scale. We're also examining Mexico as an option as it's closer to our primary market and would cut lead times significantly.
• Growth into one or two new markets (these will be data-based decisions).
• R&D and IP protection.
This investment round is being raised by way of a convertible equity investment structure, in this case an "advanced subscription agreement".
The key terms that apply to the Company’s advanced subscription agreement are set out below. See also attached Key Terms document for further details.
Conversion is triggered by ("Trigger Events"):
- An Equity Fundraise – defined as the Company raising investment capital of at least £1,500,000 from one transaction or a series of transactions, in exchange for the company issuing equity shares;
- A Change of Control of the company (transfer of more than 50% of the share capital); or
- An IPO – being a listing of the company’s shares on a recognised stock market or secondary market.
On the occurrence of a Trigger Event, your investment will convert at the lower of:
- A 20% discount to the valuation set by a Trigger Event; and
- A valuation cap of £9,940,719 , which is the same valuation of the cancelled Seedrs campaign.
Longstop Date is 6 months from the date of the advance subscription agreement. If conversion has not been triggered by the Longstop Date shares will be issued on the longstop date at the Default Share Price, which is the lower of:
- The lowest price of any shares issued after the date of this Agreement; and
- A share price of £15.28 (This represents a 10% discount to the valuation set by the company’s previous priced round of £16.98 per share).
The convertible would also convert to equity at the Default Share Price in the event of winding up or liquidation of the company.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. $185,000 (USD) loan from Wayflyer, an eCommerce financing platform. The loan is repaid via commission charged on Crua’s daily revenue which stands at 21.5% commission rate. The loan is to be repaid by 01/09/2022.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Crua Outdoors
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.