Dai is a B Corp certified brand, empowering women through comfort-driven performance, style and community
- £2M+ annualised recurring revenue*
- Growing average 127% YoY with Q1 +151% on last year*
- 50% of revenue coming from repeat customers
- B Corp score of 97.4 with over 60% Recycled or Plant Based Yarns
We empower women through comfort-driven performance, style and community.
We are a performance womenswear apparel brand using innovative sportswear fabrics and sustainable materials to deliver versatile, functional design.
(* based on unaudited management accounts)
We are a digitally native, direct-to-consumer e-commerce brand bringing premium European craftsmanship to the contemporary womenswear market.
Beyond products, we are a Certified B Corp™ committed to our people and planet.
HOW IT STARTED
Eastablish Dai as the global go-to performance brand to empower women's lives. By using innovative materials developed by the sportswear industry and designing them for everyday - the sustainable way.
Our time is now. Join us.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Joanna went to a textile exhibition in Paris to find the perfect performance fabric for tailoring
• Soft launched daiwear.com with 8 styles on preorder
• The Times - "The perfect trousers". Our Power Move™ Trousers took off. We reordered 300 units the next week
2018 & 2019
• Featured in The Times, and Telegraph, Guardian, FT, Independent, Economist, Fast Company, Grazia, and Joanna on CBS and Fox News
• Trinny Woodall in Dai on ITV
• First showroom opened on Whitechapel Road. Hottest day of the year. No AC
• Pop-up in SoHo NYC
• Launched high-rise Power Move Trouser™ for hourglass and pear shapes. We reordered immediately
• Faced a pandemic. Doubled the team. Came out on top. +388% revenue Q2'21 vs Q2'20
• Launched Trouser Fit Finder, our proprietary online acquisition tool w/ over 8k data captured
• Launched DAI DNA™ in-store Body Mapping Experience, helping women find the perfect fit
• Became B Corp™ with a score of 97.4
• Opened stores on King's Road and Marylebone High Street
• Holly Willoughby wore our dress on TV
• Launched eco-friendly jean using 66% less water and first ever circular design made from regenerated yarns
• Opened our newest retail and community hub on Monmouth St. in London's Seven Dials
• Introduced 5-year Quality Guarantee for our Power Move™ Family for all 402 trouser style options
• Founder Joanna Dai featured in CNN talking about return-to-office style
• Planning business growth with team, 3PL and US expansion to come
We generate revenue when customers purchase Dai products on daiwear.com and our localized site for the US, as well as in our retail store on Monmouth St. in Central London.
95% of our products are made in the UK or EU, with 60% made from recycled or plant based materials and we tailor our trousers on request at our atelier in East London. Our brought-in margin is 70%, representing the margin between retail price and production cost to us. 100% of our factories have signed our Supplier Code of Conduct. 72% of our mills are using renewable energy.
We invest in marketing media online and offline to acquire new customers and grow lifetime value. Our proven and diversified omnichannel growth strategy includes: digital, retail, community, print marketing and press.
We’ve grown at an average of 127% YoY, compared to the UK online womenswear market at just 13.9%. Our trouser category has consistently made up 55%+ of revenue, an astoundingly strong metric showing a clear gateway into our brand. Repeat customers making up 50% of our revenue.
Use of proceeds
• Scale our proven channels of growth, including v2.0 tech and data-driven dev and customisation of Trouser Fit Finder
• Grow our team and operations
• Expand internationally, starting with the US
The company has an outstanding Director’s Loan of £86,025 at zero interest rate and no repayment plan currently in place.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay this loan.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of DAI
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.