- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
The world is changing. So is investing. In an uncertain and ever-changing world, Darqube redefines the way retail investors make their investment decisions.
90% of day traders lose money, and one of the reasons is the lack of access to technology. We believe that the tools available for retail investors are insufficient for making qualified decisions, while professional platforms used by financial institutions are too expensive. Also, algorithms are believed to be responsible for around 80% of trades in the financial markets. Thus, to generate profits consistently as Wall Street tycoons, it's our view that retail investors need to be equipped with institutional-grade analytical, risk management, research and trading tools.
Darqube was made to fill this gap. Our mission is to equip everyone – from novice to experienced investors – with the cutting-edge technology and insights they need to make better and smarter investment decisions.
In uncertain times and volatile markets, opportunities may be waiting. Darqube allows you to seize them.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Incorporated in September 2019, Darqube reunites a team of reputable experts and talents in various areas such as trading, research and technology.
Since then, Darqube team has achieved the following:
• Launched Terminal (December 2019): Comprehensive trading analytics platform used to simplify your investment asset selection and trading decision across global cross-asset markets including crypto, forex, stocks, commodities, ETFs, funds and bonds.
• Launched TradeLab Beta (February 2020): Algorithmic trading platform where you can build and market profitable trading algorithms with no programming skills required. Invest using advanced trading bots with one click of a button and let them work for you 24/7.
• Launched Messenger (March 2020): The messaging platform tailored to the needs of finance enthusiasts. Create and join verified trading communities, place calls, follow customizable News and Twitter events, and share your trade ideas securely with a global financial community.
• Reached 5,000 Monthly Active Users ( June 2020) : As retail investors spend more time at home, Darqube has strong month-on-month userbase growth and sees an average of 70-100 new members signing up each day.
• Darqube has caught the interest of global media outlets, being featured in a number of publications (including the Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, MarketWatch, SeekingAlpha and Benzinga) as a game changing fintech startup.
Access to our range of products is currently free. This offer however is limited. In the near future, we plan to introduce premium paid plans and the following revenue streams are intended to form part of this:
• B2C Revenue Streams:
1. Terminal - monthly subscriptions to premium plans including access to advanced tools, institutional-grade insights, research, data and other premium features
2. TradeLab - trading commissions from bots, sales commissions from marketplace bot providers.
3. Messenger - commissions from subscriptions to private trading communities
4. Data - monthly subscriptions via API access to news feeds and institutional-quality fundamental and historical data for 120K+ financial instruments
• B2B Revenue streams:
5. White and grey label solutions licensed to brokers and investment managers. Darqube has received interest and we are in discussions with financial institutions from Europe and the US.
6. Advertising - revenue from in-app adds from partners, financial brokers
Use of proceeds
We are growing fast and plan to bring Darqube globally. We are also working on a range of new products and features that we can't wait to reveal. To achieve this, the raised funds will be used for:
1. Growth and User acquisition (40%) - Our target is to achieve 100K users by end of 2020. Raised funds will help us to scale our userbase in line with our global growth strategy by increasing our budget for marketing, partnerships, PR and communication.
2. Product improvement (25%) - Our priorities are launching the full version of our TradeLab platform and continuously improving our range of products. Raised funds will enable us to bring these forward.
3. Team expansion (25%) - the proceeds will enable us to hire additional key hires, including tech resources to speed up new platform releases and a dedicated team for 24h customer support.
4. Operating costs (10%) - running costs, regulatory and accounting costs.
This will pave the way for our Series A, which we expect in early 2021.
Please note, there is a current outstanding directors loan balance of £132k, which accrues no interest, and with no specific encumbrance for the company to repay.
Darqube is likely continue to be funded via further loan contributions from the founders until the proceeds of the fundraise are received.
The proceeds of this fundraise will not be used for the repayment of debt, including outstanding directors loans.
SEIS & EIS
Please note, the company has its full SEIS allowance available for this round. The first £150k invested in this campaign will be eligible for SEIS relief. Further investment will be eligible for EIS relief only.