A peer-to-peer marketplace where families can buy, sell, donate + recycle outgrown children's clothes
- 2,148% increase in registered users in the first 15 months
- The official resale partner for 18 brands, including M&S + Clarks
- Trusted by over 14,000 parents (with 99% 5* reviews)
- 41% monthly growth in GMV (Gross Merchandise Value)*
dotte is the UK's first fully circular family-to-family marketplace where parents can buy, sell, donate and recycle outgrown children's clothes all in one place.
We provide a quick and easy way for families to clear out outgrown kids clothes and earn cash to reinvest in the next size up. What's more, dotte sellers get rewarded for extending the lifespan of clothes from our 18 brand partners, including major retailers M&S and Clarks. A major high five for families doing their bit!
With our brand partnerships and taste-maker sellers, we are fast becoming THE fashion destination which aspires to make shopping secondhand feel better than buying new. As seen in British VOGUE, The Times, The Guardian and Business of Fashion.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Nov 2020: We launched our marketplace!
- Since launch we have shown strong, consistent growth including; 2,148% increase in registered users, 1,313% increase in listings published, and 447% increase in sales*
- Featured in Vogue, The Times, The Guardian, Business of Fashion and more
- Signed 18 brand partners, including major retailers M&S kidswear and Clarks Kids
- Over 3,000 user reviews (99% of which are 5 star!)
- Raised £375,000 in Venture Capital (Startup Funding Club, London Fashion Fund, Founders Factory) and Angel investment
- Since we started to invest in paid growth we have shown strong month on month growth; 83% monthly growth in web traffic, 66% monthly growth in registered users, 41% monthly growth in GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume)*
- Our social following has grown 2.8 times faster than our direct competitors combined
- Named in TechRound's top 5 sustainable fashion companies to watch in 2022
* Based on unaudited management accounts.
Primary revenue stream: We charge 15% on all transactions on the platform.
Secondary revenue streams:
We charge 30% comission on all brand partner virtual pop-ups (deadstock sales).
We charge 20% on all transactions via a new service (MVP stage).
Use of proceeds
30% will be invested into improving the technology behind dotte. This includes hiring an in-house product team and developing a strong tech culture within the team, building an app (the no.1 thing our community want), and significantly improving the user experience and way we work with brand partners.
30% will be invested into profitable marketing to raise brand awareness and increase our growth.
40% will provide runway for the business as we work to become the number 1 kidswear peer to peer marketplace in the UK and beyond!
Once our funding round closes, you'll automatically receive a community shareholder badge of honour on your dotte marketplace profile and you'll be entered into a prize draw to win £500 credit to spend with us – wahoo!
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has outstanding Director loans totalling £90,000, which accrue zero interest. They are expected to be repaid any time after a £500,000 funding round.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay this loan.
Advanced Subscription Agreements
The company has an outstanding Advanced Subscription Agreement ("ASA") from Founders Factory totalling £250k. This ASA will convert to equity on the following terms:
- The company raising a trigger fundraising amount of £500k; or
- On the longstop date of 25th August 2022
- The ASA has no discount
- The valuation cap and the default valuation used at the longstop date is £3,321,428.
The investment target for this round is £220k and it is not expected to act as a trigger round for the ASA. As a result, this ASA has not been priced into the pre-money valuation shown in the campaign. New shares issued when the ASA converts on the Longstop date will dilute existing investors.
Open an account to get access to the team members of dotte
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.