Dr. Will’s is an all-natural condiment company started by real life doctor, Dr. Will.
- In over 1,500 distribution points incl. Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado
- Over 450,000 products sold to date
- £75k sales in April 2021 | Over £1m sales to date*
- 5 Great Taste award stars | 4.7 star avg. from over 500 reviews
Dr. Will’s is an all-natural condiment company started in 2015 by real life doctor, Dr. Will. A real doctor who really loves food.
Did you know there are more than 17 sugar cubes in the market leading bottle of ketchup? Dr. Will heard from parents that they had to add this sugary sauce to get their children to eat veggies and felt there just had to be another way.
Our mission is to move consumers to condiments that are naturally sweetened. With our delicious products we can transform a category dominated by a few names.
Since our 2017 launch, we’ve grown from farm shops & Selfridges food hall, to nationwide availability, with listings on Ocado, Waitrose and Tesco.
We’re making magic happen already - we sold 10k bottles in Tesco in our first two months (and in doing so, donating £10k worth of sauce to food charities up and down the UK), we became a fully certified B-corp and we have a thriving Strava club to get our sauce lovers outdoors.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• We launch our first three products: Tomato Ketchup, Beetroot Ketchup and BBQ Sauce
• Win listings in Ocado, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols
• "All the indulgence of ketchup without any of the bad bits. Dr Will’s has made a top notch ketchup without bad ingredients. Firm favourite with my two kids" - Shortlist
• We launch our mayo range: Classic, Chilli and Avocado Oil Mayo
• Win our first Great Taste awards on our Classic and Chilli Mayo
• We hit 20,000 followers on social media
• We launch our Vegan Mayo
• Launch in Holland & Barrett with our Tomato Ketchup, BBQ Sauce and Vegan Mayo
• The Telegraph call our BBQ Sauce "a grown up condiment to splosh on", "Made without nasties and sweetened with dates"
• As Covid-19 hits, we lose all our on-trade - 40% of our business. A tough start to the year
• Win HUGE listings in Tesco and Waitrose
• Launch our dressings: Vegan Caesar and Miso Tahini, as well as a Sriracha Hot Sauce into Tesco
• Win Great Taste awards on our Tomato Ketchup and Avocado Oil Mayo, taking our GT stars to five
• Get on to the Tesco incubator programme (alumni: Fever Tree, Brewdog, Graze)
• We end the year on a high by becoming a cetified B Corporation
• Range extension from 4 to 7 products in Waitrose (April)
• Range extention from 5 to 7 products in Tesco (June)
• Co-Founder Liam makes Forbes 30 under 30 list for Retail and Ecommerce
Dr. Will’s operate across three key channels: Retail, Foodservice and Export
We have a clear plan to drive revenue:
• Grow brand awareness to drive sales through our key retailers: Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado
• Use Foodservice to get Dr. Will’s on restaurant, pub and cafe tables across the country, driving paid-for trial of our products, which in-turn drives retail sales
• Continue to work with great strategic partners in selected export markets
Use of proceeds
We have worked hard to create great products and win distribution in the UK’s biggest retailers. These foundations are in place and it’s time to scale things up.
• Increase trade marketing spend with key retailers: Tesco, Waitrose and Ocado. Marketing as close as possible to the point of sale, is the most efficient way for us to get more parents to swap out mainstream brands for our healthier alternative
• Increase brand awareness and crucially drive trial through online marketing and sampling. We know that once people try our products, they love them, and become repeat customers
• Working capital to support the growth we are seeing in Tesco and Waitrose
• Growing our e-commerce (DTC) channel
• Building the team: We will make key hires in our marketing team and in operations to drive and support growth
• Investing in packaging and innovation to make our business even greener
*Source: unaudited management accounts
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. A Bounce Back loan of £50,000, with 2.5% interest per annum. This is to be repaid in monthly installments starting in June 2021.
2. Director loans of a total of £57,722. These loans are interest-free and are to be repaid from revenue after this investment round.
None of the funds raised will be used to repay these loans.
Please note, Co-Founder Dr Will Breakey is a doctor, so works part-time on the business. The other co-founders in the business, Liam and Josh are full-time.
The company is intending to create a 15% option pool after this round. These options have been factored into the pre-money valuation based on raising their minimum target of £400,000. If the company exceeds this target, more options will be issued which may dilute investors.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Dr Will's
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.