The only online marketplace for small craft alcohol producers e.g. craft breweries and distilleries.
- London, United Kingdom
Categories: Food & Beverage Mixed Digital/Non-Digital B2C
Following on from our hugely successful campaign that recently closed which unfortunately could not be over funded at that time. Working with Seedrs we offer up a new campaign for those who missed the first one.
EeBria is a new way to buy the best craft produced alcohol in the world.
EeBria is the only marketplace website that enables you to buy direct from small independent craft breweries, distilleries and vineyards in the UK. The producers control stock and price, whilst EeBria provides all of the infrastructure, including packaging and organising couriers, to enable the producer to sell online.
We are a curated marketplace so we only allow top quality producers to list their wares. We have already signed up to work with some of the UK's most highly regarded brewers and vintners and the best want to work with us.
Because we operate as a marketplace the producers get a better deal for their products and can pass this on with great retail prices.
Whilst we are currently a UK only business, we intend to sell the best Europe has to offer, from small French chateau vineyards to Belgian monastery breweries and Dutch gin distilleries. Opening up the best craft alcohol to a wide audience.
EeBria is looking to disrupt the existing approach to buying alcohol.
We want to help people discover the best products in the market, especially the more obscure or hard to find. And we want to make sure they can buy these premium products and receive them in a quality condition:
- No warehouses where the stock can sit for months going off
- Wider range of drinks from each producer, with their whole range, including one-off collaborations and specials
- Sent to the customer exactly as the producer wants you to receive them, in the optimum condition
- All at a great price for the buyer.
Producers also benefit by receiving a higher percentage of the retail price, making us preferential suppliers compared to traditional off-licences. The process is also hassle free for the producer, meaning it fits in easily into their day to day work.
Whilst we currently partner with the best products in the UK, we also want to open up this model to buying from the very best small French vineyards and Belgian breweries. Accessing and discovering the world's best drinks in the best condition.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We launched on the 8th August 2013 and currently have 28 producers (with more in the pipeline to be introduced over the coming weeks and months).
Early feedback has been very positive with customers saying "best beer ordering site I've come across yet", "easy to navigate", "was the easiest to use", "so easy to use", "clean and simple to use" and "looks great". Producers have told us how it "fits very easily into our day to day work" and that "the delivery process was very simple".
We are in the process of opening up EeBria to the 'beer club' subscription market and expect to have this in place before Christmas 2013. We are also working towards European expansion and expect to have this live in early 2014.
EeBria makes money through a percentage commission taken on all sales. There are no setup or monthly fees for producers or buyers.
Producers are encouraged to direct traffic to EeBria as their online shop. These producers receive a reduced rate on customers that they send to EeBria. Current examples include www.partizanbrewing.co.uk and www.thecronx.com.
In early 2014 we will be launching a subscription club in which customers can receive monthly mixed cases of products from the EeBria site. These will be shipped by EeBria and will provide a stable revenue stream for the business.
We will also be launching a B2B platform, allowing off-licenses, bars and restaurants to buy direct from these producers in 2014 at wholesale prices.
Use of proceeds
- Work with licensed premises and ultimately take on a licensed premises to enable subscriptions to "Best of EeBria" boxes on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Hire sales/marketing staff to expand the number of producers selling on our marketplace both within the UK and Europe.
- Work with a Press and PR Agency to increase press and media coverage of EeBria
- Web Development to increase features and CVR.
- Sponsorship and Advertising opportunities, e.g. Beer and Food Festival sponsorship, offline marketing and promotional events.
Our customers want the best. They are on the lookout for new and interesting drinks from craft and artisan producers which are not easy to access via traditional retail outlets.
EeBria is tapping into similar trends as gave rise to veg boxes, local deli revivals and the drive for British meat. Today's discerning foodie cares about what they eat but also want to match it with great drinks to enjoy at home.
We target customers who care about what they drink and the story behind it - who made it, how it was made, where it was made and of course whether it tastes amazing. As we are at the premium end of the market, we are targeting people with a reasonable disposable income.
The EeBria branding is trendier than the typical online alcohol and beer offering - that which is designed only to appeal to the more traditional stereotype of the bearded beer drinker. We feel that the website is slick and the branding is carefully designed to reflect the artisan nature of the products we showcase.
There has been a big increase within the craft beer industry with people seeking out the small producer, choosing carefully made drinks over and above the mass produced supermarket offering and EeBria will capitalise on the online share of this market.
Characteristics of target market
- The UK alcohol market is worth £41bn.
- Whilst you regularly hear that the alcohol market is in decline (last year beer sales dropped by 5%), the craft market is growing very rapidly.
- Breweries in London have grown from 2 in 2006 to well over 50 at present and UK brewery numbers have increased 15% p.a, since 2010.
- The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) has over 150k paid members.
- The top 5 UK specialist online alcohol retailers earn over £175m turnover p.a. all of which are targeted at the premium market.
- English sparkling wines are regarded amongst the best in the world and French, Australian and South African craft winemakers are buying land in the UK to set up vineyards.
- Google Adwords/Bing Ads: Key for driving early targeted traffic. Whilst at Viagogo I was responsible major monthly spending on Adwords, driving good ROI.
- Facebook Ad Campaigns: Highly targeted adverts.
- Targeted offline campaigns: CAMRA Beer Magazines, Beer Festivals, Food Festivals.
- Affiliate schemes: Partnering with sites to send traffic to EeBria in exchange for a percentage of any sale.
- White Label Sites: Partnering with relevant businesses (media sites, forums, pubs, restaurants etc,) to allow them an EeBria powered shop.
- Press and PR: Regular Press Releases and news articles.
- Social Media: Steadily growing a following online with approx 1,100 Facebook Likes and 200 Twitter followers.
- Discount offers to members of specific organisations.
We are the only online alcohol retailer operating with a marketplace model that we are aware of. This means we:
- keep our overheads low.
- pay the producers more per sale, so become preferential suppliers.
- provide the drinks in the optimal condition. A lot of the beers have a short time from production to the best before date. The marketplace model offers the freshest beers since they do not sit in our warehouse.
- are able to offer a producers full range of drinks, including one-off and special ranges. This enables fans to access more products from a producer than our competitors.
- offer a personal touch from the craftsmen that make the products.
- have a first mover advantage in the marketplace model and have many of the UK's best producers already on the site.
Loading, please wait...