Sustainable Dutch automotive company disrupting the B2B electric moped industry.
- Aarle-Rixtel, Netherlands
Categories: Automotive & Transport Non-Digital B2B
- Social Media
- Company number
- Incorporation date
- 29 Feb 2016
- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
Electric Dutchman was created with the aim to disrupt the world of B2B lightweight urban mobility. Our product was designed from scratch, skipping the unnecessary traditional design of a moped.
Our innovative design was developed with the standards of B2B urban mobility market in mind.This means our product is high in quality, low in maintenance and suited for various markets. The outcome: a stunning Dutch Design electric moped, modular to fit any business. All this was assembled by social workers for optimal impact on the society and brandable to fit any company. In short, we call it the Electric Dutchman.
The Electric Dutchman has a 2000W BOSCH electromotor which can be fed by one or two EnergyPacks. With two EnergyPacks packs together this option provides a range of up to 150km. Running out of juice? Don't worry, the EnergyPacks can be swapped in no time!
1. Reducing CO2 Emissions by introducing environmentally friendly vehicles and keeping the production local to avoid unnecessary transport costs and CO2 polution.
2. Create a social impact. Together with IBN we are creating new possibilities for those, who may otherwise be unemployed and could use some help in their professional lives.
3. Making the city living environment more sustainable. Especially as urban environments are getting busier and people are increasingly bothered by noise and CO2 emissions.
4. Our dream goal is to contribute by creating only cradle to cradle product and solutions. Each day take steps to make it happen.
5. Make profit! To make our dreams come true and to take responsibility to make the world a better place to live in, we need to make money. So its important for us to find the right mix between our social engagement, tribute to sustainable (mobility) solutions and making a living out of it. We need to make a profit in order to continue our mission.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- 2018-07 Obtaining European homologation E4 (product & CoP proces)
- 2018-09 Signed production contract with IBN
- 2018-11 First production Electric Dutchman ready for internal use
- 2018-12 First production Electric Dutchman's delivered to customers
(Klooster van Dalfsen, Domino's and Rabobank are just some examples)
- 2019-05 Annual homologation continuation
- 2019 Deliveries to various business customers
(Shell, Bavaria Royal Swinkels Family Brewers, CSU, etc.)
- 2019-06 Delivered first Electric Dutchman in Denmark
- 2020-01 Introduction of our E-Mopeds available through operational lease in the Netherlands
In Europe there is a rising demand for renewable mobility solutions. This growth is accelerated due to the ban of ICE vehicles, rapid development of the Lithium ion technologies and ever growing delivery market. Since 2016 the Electric moped market has grown by 400% in Europe
First we will focus on Belgium and the Netherlands. After a successful introduction, France will be next followed by other potential countries.
We use two sales methods.
1. Direct Sales. We approach the customer our selves.
2. Channel Sales. By continuing to work on building relationships with mobility platforms, mobility service providers and leasing companies to allow us to use their sales and social networks.
We start with the direct sales approach to generate volume and get traction in the market. Over time we think that the best option is to have resellers.
Use of proceeds
We are seeking investment to grow our business and accelerate sales and marketing plans:
70% - Sales & Marketing
30% - Product Upgrades
For our direct sales we are looking to all the big players out there. We have received orders from companies who have the potential to make a difference. e.g. Shell who is committed to support the transition to renewable energy and Dominos Pizza, who would like to reduce their environmental impact, such as by using Electric Dutchman for pizza delivery.
This approach takes time but once achieved it's easy to copy to other countries and/or target customers. Keep in mind that some big players - our target and dream customers - have already made orders, so it's working!
We have a reliable product that is successful in multiple markets. But in order to tackle new ground we would like to add some features in terms of software and hardware. Making even better product market fits increases our potential market size and translates into sales revenue.
A portion of the investment reflected in this campaign was received by the Company in the 6 months prior to the launch of the investment round on Seedrs and the Company has started putting this to use.
1) €55,000 loan from EJLG AERLE BEHEER B.V. at an interest rate of 4% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 1st January 2021.
2) €100,000 loan from A. VD OETELAAR/POLICE DOGS at an interest rate of 6% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 1st January 2028.
3) €66,000 loan from THE UMBRELLA COMPANY at an interest rate of 6% per annum. The monthly loan repayments of €1,500 began on 31st January 2020.
4) €15,000 loan from THE UMBRELLA COMPANY at an interest rate of 8% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 1st June 2020.
5) €50,000 loan from LENSTRA HOLDING B.V. at an interest rate of 8% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 1st April 2023.
6) €150,000 loan from LENSTRA HOLDING B.V. at an interest rate of 8% per annum. There is no written agreement for this loan and no set repayment date.
7) €115,000 loan from RABOBANK at an interest rate of 3,95%. The loan is to be repaid on 1st December 2022.
8) €100,000 loan from KUB at an interest rate of 6%. The loan is to be repaid on 1ste November 2021.
9) €306,135.32 debt facility from IBN with no interest accruing. Repayment is only required when the company is in the cash position to do so. There is no set repayment date. There is the possibility of converting this debt into shares in the future if necessary.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.