A sustainable meat snack brand on a mission to end factory farming in the meat industry
- Sales more than doubled in 2 years. Over 2000 dist. points
- Charcuterie is £2.6 billion and Meat Snacks sub cat in 36% growth
- Using organic regenerative beef, wild venison, free to roam pork
- Nick Beighton CEO ASOS: "I'm investing in this round"
Here’s a question: when did we stop caring where our meat comes from? We put restoring biodiversity on farms first - with no nutrients destroyed, no cooped-up animals and no unnecessary carbon emissions. Because when meat is done right it tastes better.
Our products are made the old-fashioned way: seasoned with simple ingredients and expertly crafted right here in the UK. It's only got the good stuff and no unnecessary nasties. Why would it? It's meat the way it's meant to be.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Since launching in 2017 we’ve been through exciting growth and are now stocked in over 2,000 distribution points across the UK, including Sainsbury’s and Waitrose. We are the most reviewed meat snack brand on Amazon across the UK and Europe with nearly 4,000 reviews.
We’re on a mission to end factory farming in the meat industry and have made some huge steps to help get there. We work directly with farmers who are committed to using high welfare and regenerative practices to improve soil health and encourage wildlife on their farms.
- Over £1.75m* in sales in 2020 (+59% growth year on year)
- Nearly 4,000 reviews for our products
- The two fastest-selling biltong/jerky products in UK supermarkets in the first 3 months of 2021
- A loyal group of angel investors who have followed on in subsequent investment rounds
- Listed in StartUps100 2020
- 7 x Great Taste award winners
- Charcuterie Live Awards medal winner 2021
- Listed in 248 stores with Waitrose
- Listed in 1223 distribution points with Sainsbury's across 5 SKUs and rolling out into further stores in August 2021
- Charcuterie store distribution increased +55% after a successful launch
- Over 300 pub stockists
- 10 person team which aims to grow to 14 for year-end
- Co-invested in packaging facility to keep up with growth which employs a team of 15
- Over 35 pieces of press coverage in 2021 covering our new range and regenerative farming
We generate revenue from customers purchasing our product through grocery, online and other 3rd party channels in a variety of formats.
Our products are available in over 2000 distribution points across the UK. Our retail outlets include 1223 Sainsbury's stores, 248 Waitrose stores, and Ocado, with more distribution points set to open later this year.
We are listed in Brakes and Pipers, which supply nationally to caterers, pubs, restaurants, hotels and cafes. Our products are stocked in 200 Stonegate pubs, supported by field activation. You can also find us through wholesale partners Epicurium, DDC and FaO Snack!
Our 3 delicious biltong flavours are now joined by our latest range of homegrown British charcuterie.
We’ve perfected our products with time, focusing on taste above all else whilst continuing to drive innovation so we can deliver more factory farming free products to the category.
Use of proceeds
By 2023 we aim to:
1. Seek industry changes in food labelling that helps factory farming to exist, and claims that don't currently have a legal standing such as ‘grass fed’.
2. Build our team for growth with full time hires in marketing, finance, digital online and sales.
3. Grow distribution in major UK supermarkets with 3 new listings, using funds to activate these points.
4. Dial-up our activism with our marketing campaigns to highlight factory farming practices.
5. Sample hundreds of thousands of new customers with our new charcuterie range. Tasting is believing! We want to recruit thousands of new Ember fans through sampling.
6. Keep innovating, launching world firsts and continue creating and launching products that are healthier for people to eat and better for the planet.
7. Evolve our packaging formats and design
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
*Source: unaudited management accounts
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £164,157 Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan from GapCap Ltd earning 12% interest and repayments due to complete by August 2022
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Ember Snacks
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.