Menlo Media S.L. is the media & events company behind EU-Startups.com and the annual EU-Startups Summit.
|Sectors||Content & Information Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Incorporation date||31 Jul 2018|
Menlo Media S.L. is an ambitious media and events company based in Barcelona. We're an international team of four very driven and passionate people and we're working with a Europe-wide network of contributors, startup/technology experts and freelancers.
Our primary focus is EU-Startups.com which, by several metrics, is already the leading online publication with a focus on startups in Europe. With next year's edition of our annual EU-Startups Summit, on May 28-29 in Barcelona, we plan to gather over 1,500 startup enthusiasts, founders, and investors from across Europe.
EU-Startups was founded with the goal to give European startups the visibility they deserve and to put Europe's best tech entrepreneurs and innovators into the spotlight!
After our Seedrs campaign, we'll continue to improve and grow EU-Startups.com as a leading resource for startup-related news and inspiring stories about tech & entrepreneurship from across Europe. Our goal in terms of readership growth is to cross 1 million monthly visits within the next 3 years.
Our vision is to strengthen & connect the European startup scene and to encourage entrepreneurship throughout Europe. We're doing this by helping to forge valuable connections between founders, investors and corporates at our events, by providing educational content and great workshops, and by inspiring our readers and event attendees through European startup success stories.
Our growth plan for the EU-Startups Summit is to gather 1,500+ attendees in 2020, 2,200 in 2021, 3,000 in 2022, and 4,200+ in 2023.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Today, EU-Startups.com counts about 220,000 visits per month (*Google Analytics, August 2019).
• We have 42,000 newsletter subscribers, over 28,000 Twitter followers, 25,000 Facebook fans, nearly 4,000 LinkedIn followers and over 10,500 Instagram followers.
• In 2019, our goal till the end of the year is to reach around €290k in revenues. Our revenue goals for the coming years can be found in our pitch deck (upon request).
• By several metrics (web traffic, social media followers, etc.) the leading online magazine with a focus on startups in Europe.
• In contrast to competitors like tech.eu and Sifted.eu, EU-Startups so far is completely bootstrapped.
• Our EU-Startups Summit gathered nearly 1,100 attendees in 2019 and we have ambitious growth plans for the future.
• Our main revenue streams are ticket sales, sponsorship & exhibition space sales (EU-Startups Summit), and advertising revenues (sponsored posts, banners, etc.) related to EU-Startups.com.
• Another important source of revenue comes from our Startup Sourcing service, where we help corporates and investors to find startups that meet their search/investment criteria.
• We also sell premium reports, and recently signed an agreement with Jobbio in order to join forces for the growth of our EU-Startups Job Board.
Use of proceeds
The capital we are now raising through the Seedrs platform will be invested with the goal to accelerate the continued growth of EU-Startups.com and our annual EU-Startups Summit. We aim to use the proceeds as following:
• Improve quantity and quality of the online magazine (~20% of proceeds).
• Marketing & working capital for the EU-Startups Summit (~25% of proceeds).
• Support newsletter growth (~5% of proceeds).
• Enabling team growth at lower risk (~25% of proceeds).
• Capital for other/new growth opportunities (~25% of proceeds).
• Every investor gets an attractive discount code (20%) for next year's EU-Startups Summit, which he or she can use for their own tickets and for the purpose of sharing it within their personal and professional network.
• Investors who put in more than €3,000 will be mentioned (in case they want to) on our 'about us' page as lead investors of this Seedrs campaign.
Open an account to get access to the team members of EU-Startups
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.