FlairBox is the world's digital stage and end-to-end hiring platform for performers.
- 2,500 performer users since October launch
- 'Mission Impossible' and 'Top Boy' casting using FlairBox
- £277,000 Innovate UK SMART grant awarded
- Over 1,250 audition requests sent to users this year
FlairBox is the world's digital stage. We've built an end-to-end hiring solution for entertainment industry professionals and a digital stage that allows performers to share a wide range of their work and be discovered for what matters most, their talent. Through our 'Intelligent Casting' AI, we're using industry professional interaction to power a machine learning engine that will rank performers based on suitability for a role - a major technical advance which we believe will save 60+ hours per talent search.
In an industry plagued by elitism, so much so that 67% of British Oscar winners were privately educated, compared to only 7% of the British population who are privately educated, we're transforming the archaic process that currently prevails, which relies on training, contacts and credits to get auditions for roles. In doing so, we will level the playing field and make it no longer about who you know or what you've been in, but how good you are.
Substantial accomplishments to date
● FlairBox was revenue generating 30 days after launch on October 5th. We now have 2,900 performers on our database, 2,500 of which are active on the platform and 438 of which are on paid premium accounts or premium trials. This equates to 42% month on month user growth
● Some of the industry's biggest names are using FlairBox already, including Casting Directors like Nancy Bishop's office (casting director for 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation' & 'Borat Subsequent Moviefilm'), Olissa Rogers from Fiona Weir's office ('Harry Potter' & 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them') and Sophie Pearson from Des Hamilton's office ('Jojo Rabbit' & 'Top Boy')
● 54 acting agencies have also set up accounts in order to showcase their clients and submit their client's tapes for roles on FlairBox. These include some of the very biggest agencies in the UK such as United Agents (who represent James Corden, James Mcavoy and Olivia Coleman to name a few).
● Over 1250 self-tape requests have been sent through FlairBox since November
● FlairBox has just been awarded a £277,000 Innovate UK SMART Grant in order to fund our Machine Learning & AI development over the next 18 months.
Actors are charged using a freemium subscription model which allows them to use a basic account for free and share one video and one headshot on their profile. A paid premium membership (£7.99/month) allows them to access more features such as sharing a wider range of their work (up to 10 videos) & unlimited headshots which increase their likelihood of being shortlisted for roles.
Casting Directors don't currently pay but we are creating a freemium model which will charge based on the amount they use the platform. This will also be a monthly subscription.
Agents are currently able to use FlairBox for free too. Through our clever ‘talent tracker’ system, we will provide agents with all of the information they need about which clients are being shortlisted, favourited and cast by casting directors. They will be charged based on usage, through a freemium, monthly subscription model.
Producers will be charged for annual licenses in order to use FlairBox for all of their casting needs.
Use of proceeds
18 months of spend for the following:
Marketing = 42.88%
Total Salaries = 34.5% (Developer salaries covered by Innovate UK Smart Grant)
Office Rental = 9.6%
Legal = 5%
Software = 4%
Design = 2.25%
Accountants = 1.2%
Insurance = 0.57%
The company has a bounce back loan of £50,000 at an interest rate P.a of 2.5%, repayable monthly over a 72 month period
Open an account to get access to the team members of FlairBox
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.