The smarter way to buy new carpet & flooring.
- Transforming the UK flooring industry valued at £2bn in 2017
- 4.5 years disrupting the market with £7.65m+ in sales
- 24,000+ online sales across domestic and trade sectors
- Building a network of independent installers
We are a UK technology company operating in the flooring industry.
Our USP is our ability to connect a dis-jointed market, allowing the customer access to great value products, leading brands and a suitable, vetted local installer to perform the work.
Our customers love us because of our competitive prices, selection and availability. Our network of independent installers loves us because we bring them regular, profitable work.
To our knowledge, we are the only UK flooring retailer that offers this seamless integration & connectivity on a digital platform.
Over the last 4 years we have been witness to (and played a growing part in) the re-shaping of the UK carpet & flooring industry. Change driven by the Customer.
We operate a competitive online pricing strategy across all products. The key to our success to date, has been a consistent & reliable mix of:
3. Availability (delivery/fulfilment/installation)
We intend to build a sector re-defining profitable business by gaining market share from the old-school, bricks & mortar operators.
Flooring Hut is simplifying the market for the consumer by offering a one-stop solution for flooring purchases & installation.
Flooring Hut management are guided by 3 principles:
1. Total customer obsession (Our Key)
2. Innovation (Our Driver)
3. Long term vision (Our Guide)
Substantial accomplishments to date
• £7.65m total value of sales to date
• Year 1 T/O – £135k
• Year 2 T/O – £214k
• Year 3 T/O – £2m
• Year 4 T/O – £3m
• Year 5 T/O (1st 6 Months) – £2.22m
• 24,000 total number of sales to date
• 10,833 online sales in past 12 months to 11.19
• October 2019 - online sales of £402,000
• November 2019 - online sales of £475,000
• Growing % of repeat trade business
• 62% consumer sales
• 38% trade sales
• 786 registered trade customers
• 140+ Flooring Hut Installer Network members
• Now 12,000 products available for sale
• E-Commerce sales to retail and trade
• Sales of leading flooring brands i.e. Polyflor & Forbo
• Sales of branded flooring accessories i.e. F Ball & Mapei
• Own-brand products (increasing)
• GAME CHANGER: Create & develop a flexible & highly accurate room measurement tool. Integrate seamlessly on the FH platform with an AR room visualiser and add to basket/e-commerce functionality.
• GAME CHANGER: Develop and make live (on website & app) the ability for customers to purchase the installation/up-lift & dispose at checkout (in addition to purchasing the product(s) online).
• Installer network member subscriptions
• Margin from installers services
• Margin from estimators services
• Insurance industry contracts
• Landlord/Rental property owner subscriptions
• Alternative product sales (i.e. ceramic tiles)
• Expansion overseas
Use of proceeds
1. Develop our self-service platform functionality for customers. Enabling us to scale with reduction of high cost (customer) inbound = minimisation of marginal costs
2. Website & App: Top-level flooring category development. Distinct & differentiated consumer & trade presentation/UX/journeys, driving conversions, average value order & margin mix
3. Increase rate at which new products are added to our online shop – own-brand; carpets; laminate; wood; accessories
4. Growth, utilisation and integration of our UK Installer Network Members, creating a genuine blended online-to-offline (o2o) business model
5. In partnership with select manufacturers - create, develop and grow a range of own-brand Flooring Hut carpets and floors
6. Increased spend on targeted paid search marketing (primarily Google Shopping) – focus on higher margin categories such as own-brand, carpets and wood flooring. Move into generic flooring searches
7. Expand our reach on social media & affiliate marketing
Open an account to get access to the team members of Flooring Hut
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.