Future Planet Capital
Best minds. Brilliant ideas. Brighter future. Invest with a global venture capital & impact platform.
|Location||George Town, Cayman Islands|
|Sectors||Finance & Payments Mixed Digital/Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Incorporation date||6 Apr 2017|
- Deployed $100M of venture capital for institutional investors
- Established partnerships around the world's top Universities
- Elite global team, with leading venture track-record
- Partners: Barclays, Align17, Global Corporate Venturing
Learn more about convertible campaigns.
Future Planet was founded over 3 years ago to provide growth capital to entrepreneurs seeking to profitably solve the world's greatest challenges. Through a unique series of partnerships and relationships, we invest globally in the entrepreneurs and science emerging from top universities.
Until now, Venture Capital has been accessible mostly to insiders, institutions and some HNWI's. Yet, it is private markets & alumni from top universities that have created most of the value in the technology revolution.
Now, we are democratising this stage of investment; allowing our investors to take a stake in our company and access the growth generated by top companies and VC's from universities in Silicon Valley, the Eastern Seaboard, Europe, Israel and Asia.
By investing with a professional venture investment advisor you are exposed to a private asset class that has generated 30% IRR over 25 years for institutional investors (Cambridge Associates).
Convertible key terms
The key terms that apply to the Future Planet Capital advanced subscription agreement are set out in the Key Terms Document attached to this campaign in the Documents section and a summary is set out below.
Conversion of the advanced subscription agreement will take place:
• On a Qualifying Equity Fundraise of £1,000,000 or more, at the lower of (i) a 30% discount to the share price paid by investors in the Qualifying Equity Fundraise, or (ii) the price per share set by a £15m valuation cap (and is not subject to the Discount).
• If no Qualifying Equity Fundraise has occurred, on the “Longstop Date”, (which will be 18 months from the date of the agreement), or a winding up event, conversion will happen on the Longstop Date or the winding up event at a share price of £15.63 (this was the share price of the company's last funding round and equates to a current company valuation of £5,672,220.78), or, if lower, the price per share issued after the date of the deferred subscription agreement.
• If a change of control or IPO occurs prior to the above events, conversion will automatically trigger at a price per share which is the lower of (i) the lowest price per share issued or sold as a part of an IPO or change of control, discounted by 30%, or (ii) the price per share set by a £15m valuation cap (and is not subject to the Discount).
• Bonus Shares: 4% annualised on invested funds, calculated quarterly in arrears, from the date of this agreement until a conversion event. Bonus shares will convert under the same mechanism as subscription funds.
Our UN Sustainable Development Goal-led investment thesis was built to identify founders and companies whose ideas will not only impact millions, but provide a market return to shareholders.
Innovations from our university network have revolutionised society; the Internet, Penicillin & Solar Power to name a few. They've also led to the founding of some of the largest companies to have ever existed; Apple, Facebook and Google. We're matching the two, combining for-profit capital with the innovation & resources of entrepreneurs at top universities. Imagine if every life-saving university innovation had the backing of Tesla?
We're supporting an alternate route for exceptional socially-minded founders; impact & innovation. Enabling the best and brightest minds to scale-solutions to challenges in a way that philanthropy and charity never has.
Source: FT 2018-2020
Substantial accomplishments to date
Since founding, we have brought $100m from some of the world's largest investors, raised and invested our first fund and invested with groundbreaking companies and star managers. Our portfolio of Funds and Companies include some of the world's leading university investors and entrepreneurs:
We've built a team of 16 expert advisors and board members, led by the renowned architect and designer, Lord Norman Foster. Together, they've backed 5 unicorns and founded over 9 venture funds.
• Provided investors exposure to 230+ of the very top companies and entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Cambridge, Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Stanford and more.
• Reached break-even, having generated revenues of $2MM+ USD to date.
• Deployed $100m of assets on behalf of institutional investors.
• Established partnerships with top corporates and banks, including UBS-sponsored Align17, Barclays and Global Corporate Venturing, to ensure that our portfolio companies continue to have access to growth finance.
• Targeting top quartile venture capital returns on a 5-10 year time horizon.
Three revenue streams combine to provide a strong diversified business:
1. Venture Funds: Through acquisition and organic growth, our 5-year target is to manage $500m of Venture Assets. From these we aim to take a fixed management fee of 2% on contracted long-term revenues. We also charge a 20% performance fee on these funds, of which 40% is retained by the company.
2. Co-investment Platform: Large investors want access to our dealflow and the ability to invest alongside us. Our platform provides a steady flow of capital raising opportunities which are more appropriate for co-investment vs own fund; for these we charge management & performance fees.
3. Introducer and Sub Advisory Business: We have signed partnerships to introduce deals to some of the largest private banks and corporations; we take introductory, management and performance fees for specific mandates and deals that we have originated.
Use of proceeds
We intend to acquire management companies that provide further fee-paying assets. We believe that these acquisitions will generate profitable business from day 1 and a platform from which to grow.
The aim is to use the momentum and revenue generated from this to launch the second Future Planet Fund in 2021 and continue our growth with a target of $500MM in AUM by 2025.