Get Set Pet
Changing the UK pet supplies market for the better by providing a customer experience that is 2nd to none
- Generated £800K revenue & £270K in the last quarter of 2020
- Generated 20,000 orders in total & 7,468 in Q4 2020
- Database of over 15,000 paying customers
- Received a 4.97 out of 5 rating from over 1170 customer reviews
Many thanks for the interest you have shown in our campaign. We are Get Set Pet and we are on a mission to build a community of like-minded dog and cat owners that take pride in how they care for and connect with their furry friends.
Our aim is to arm pet parents with the information they need to make better nutrition decisions - whether they shop with us or not.
As a pet supplies challenger brand, Get Set Pet have identified a gap in the dog and cat food market for a personalised and data-driven approach to the sale of high-quality pet food on subscription.
We do this through a relentless focus on the customer experience, a flexible and scalable technology infrastructure and many years of co-founder know-how spent helping some of the world’s biggest brands grow their businesses.
The first £150,000 invested into the campaign will be SEIS eligible.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- The design, build and launch of our webstore in October 2019 was a significant project which took approximately seven months to complete. Our primary objective was to create an exceptional online experience so ease of use was key.
- Since trading began we have acquired over 15,000 customers. We have generated over 20,000 orders and delivered £800K+ in total sales of which £270K was generated in Q4 2020*.
- A testament to our success to date has been the very healthy returning customer rate and over 45% of our customers are repeat purchasers. Sales generated from our subscription service have doubled each quarter from the start of 2020.
- One of our key areas of focus is to provide our customers with an exceptional experience. We are incredibly proud of the 4.97 out of 5 “Excellent” rating that we have received from over 1,100 verified customer reviews.
- Our online store conversion rate has been between 6.5% and 7% for the last couple of quarters indicating an optimised and efficient purchase path from browse to checkout which easily beats the market average of around 3%.
- Finally, it’s difficult to talk about accomplishments in 2020 without briefly mentioning the ongoing challenge of COVID-19. During this period not a single order went out late or unfulfilled. Making sure our customers received essential food to feed their pets during the height of the crisis is undoubtedly our greatest achievement to date.
Get Set Pet is an ecommerce business with four principal income streams.
1) Non-subscription sales generated through purchases on our own webstore.
2) Subscription sales generated through purchases on our own webstore.
3) Non-subscription sales generated through purchases on our eBay shop.
4) Non-subscription sales generated through purchases on the Amazon marketplace.
Our monetisation strategy is to introduce the Get Set Pet brand to as wide an audience as possible by selling on the eBay and Amazon marketplaces whilst simultaneously driving conversions on our webstore through a combination of pricing strategy, product selection and the convenience and value inherent in our Get Set SAVE subscription service. Further, we plan to introduce our own brand of dog and cat food to drive increases in both sales and margin.
Use of proceeds
The investment will be used to accelerate the scalability of the business and reach breakeven.
1. 25% will be spent on the research and development of our own brand of subscription dog and cat food. This will include engagement with nutritionists and vets on the various ‘freeze dried’ dog and cat food recipes currently available.
2. 25% will be spent on salaries, technology investments and working capital. New hires will be made in technical services, operations and digital marketing to support continued growth. Further investment will be made to improve all aspects of our systems and our user experience.
3. 50% will be spent on marketing and promotional activities with the goal of driving greater awareness and revenue through SEO, increased social media presence and community events. We will also be stepping up our attendance at industry tradeshows, significantly increasing our digital marketing activities and launching a referral scheme.
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £216,982.70 director's loan at an interest rate of 0% per annum. The loan is to be repaid by 1st June 2025.
2. £50,000 bounce-back loan at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. Date of first payment of £833.33 is 14th June 2021 with a five year term.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Please note that the Company has £150,000 remaining of its SEIS limit. Therefore, investments in the campaign up to £150,000 will be SEIS eligible. Investments made after this £150,000 has been reached will be EIS eligible. Any tax relief is dependent on personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Get Set Pet
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.