GigRev has built a powerful direct to fan social platform for any artist or social influencer. Via existing social channels, artists sacrifice control of their content, for-go ownership of their fan data and pay to reach their own fans.
GigRev facilitates a direct connection between artist and fan. Via their own fully-branded platform, artists can live stream, release exclusive videos, music and event tickets, upload photos, sell merchandise and generate revenue from premium content and subscriptions.
Direct To Fan marketing allows you to effectively reach your audience. GigRev provides all of the tools needed to grow your audience and keep them coming back for more. This deeper level of interaction really engages the fan. We’re not just talking 'Likes' and 'Followers' here but sophisticated tools which help convert these fans into super-fans.
GigRev's intended impact is to disrupt the current market by offering a powerful alternative to existing social platforms.
We have identified a gap in the market for a social platform that enables artists and social influencers to grow their audience of super fans with a measurable and monetisable solution.
Super fans are responsible for 61% of all music sales and we believe it's these fans who want more from their favourite artists. 45% of Super fans think that music is about more than just a song and want a deeper connection and level of interaction with artists. 18% would pay for an interactive app to achieve this level of interaction.
By giving an artist/influencer a white labelled app they can reach their audience directly and via our admin dashboard can collect the data from the fan they need in order to effectively market to that fan. This eliminates the need for costly advertising on social networks and creates a much deeper level of fan engagement and interaction.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- While managing arena level artists, GigRev Founder Kevin Brown grew frustrated at not being able to reach genuine super-fans without having to pay large amounts. Recognising a gap in the market for a direct-to-fan platform, GigRev was created. GigRev's CTO and a team of highly-skilled Android and iOS Developers are recruited.
- A high-profile Advisory Board is carefully chosen by Kevin Brown for their significant accomplishments in the music industry and wealth of experience.
- Kevin is asked to introduce GigRev at major industry events; such as the BPI and Live UK's annual conference. A conference beta app is successfully built and trialed at Live UK Summit.
- GigRev receives a positive response in industry press, including LiveUK.
- GigRev is awarded tickets to the prestigious live music conference; South By South West by the UK Department for International Trade.
- Barry Saint joins GigRev as Head of Artist and Label Relations.
- Kevin Brown is invited to speak at ILMC29.
- GigRev continues to receive a very positive response from mainstream press such as Forbes, Buzzfeed, and Socialnomics.
- App development complete for iOS and Android. GigRev launches the app with 3 artists and is ready for an extensive PR campaign.
In our experience, each app can be customised in less than 30 minutes and with no external costs. All tech has been built by our team.
GigRev generates revenue through several channels:
1. App Design and Set- Up Fees
2. Minimum monthly management fee
3. Revenue split on subscriptions
4. Advertising revenue
5. Commission from ticket sales
The app is free for fans but premium content is only available when a fan subscribes to a monthly recurring subscription. The artist decides on the monthly subscription fee.
Use of proceeds
The use of proceeds will be split into three areas; promotion, sales and development.
Funds will primarily be used to take the GigRev platform to market. Although GigRev is not a customer facing brand, we provide the technology artists and social influencers need to expand their reach and grow their own brand. Our PR and Marketing Campaign will focus on targeting labels, management companies, and agents.
We plan to recruit two additional Sales Managers to focus on dominating the UK market and expanding into European and International territories.
GigRev also plans to begin development of version 2 of our platform which will develop exciting new features and massively expand our reach as we make the move into exhibition, conference and festival apps.
Please note, the company currently has a loan facility agreement in place with the Founder for up £500,000. This is secured by way of fixed and floating charge over the property of the company, excluding the IP. To date, the company has drawn £293,000 of this facility. This loan will not be repaid within 5 years, or before an exit (whichever is earlier).
GigRev's target market is artists/bands and social influencers of any size. Social influencers can include but are not limited to; chefs, beauty/fashion bloggers, and health and wellness figures.
The scalability of GigRev's product means that we can launch with the smallest of artists to the largest artists in the world.
The common denominator for our target market is that they are looking for a more transparent and measurable social platform which can grow and bring them closer to their super fans with the added flexibility to monetise.
Characteristics of target market
The ideal client has more than 25,000 likes on Facebook and is active on social media. This base is growing year on year.
The super fan represents less than 17% of the overall fan base but 61% of spending. This target market is loyal to their artist and wants a closer connection to them. By building the artist their own white labelled app the fans feel closer. The artist is engaged as this is their own app and not a third party experience, while the fan is engaged as they have a direct gateway to the artist.
Our marketing is based on directly contacting artists and influencers along with their managers, agents or labels. We don't run any consumer-focused marketing. The success of the artist app depends on the brand of the artist. The artist is happy to tell their fan base that they have their own app and fans should download it to see unique content not available elsewhere. We give the tools to the artist to make this as simple as possible.
Our Marketing Strategy to artists, agents and labels will include the following activities:
1. Industry digital and print advertising in titles such as Audience, Live UK, Music Week and Billboard.
2. We plan to demo at respected industry events in 2018 including; such as Live UK Summit, ILMC (2018), Midem (2018), SXSW (2018). We have previously attended Live UK and BPI events.
3. Partnering with festivals to raise our profile and market to agents, managers, and artists.
Our direct competition are other social platforms such as Supapass.com and BKSTG.com. SupaPass have just completed raising a new round of funding.
The key difference of our platform compared to the competition is we provide a white labelled app for each and every artist. Our competition allows an artist to build a page on their platform. The downside to this is that this is yet another platform for an artist to promote.