Greening the Islands
GTI supports project origination and dissemination for island self-sufficiency and sustainability.
|Sectors||Energy Mixed Digital/Non-Digital B2B|
|Incorporation date||29 Nov 2017|
- 7000+ islands involved directly and through Islands Associations
- Supported by EU Commission, UN, IRENA, FAO, Asian Dev. Bank
- Partnered with key international industry associations
- 15 international and national conferences, 7 GTI Awards editions
GTI offers complete support to island strategies for a sustainable transition: facilitates project origination, identifying innovative solutions, develops business models, monitors funding opportunities, builds capacities, disseminates good practices, aggregates key island stakeholders.
At its core, it’s the GTI Observatory, a think tank to analyse an island's needs and match those with sustainable solutions through tech-specific task forces and the application of the unique GTI Observatory Global Index, produce reports and studies, foster public-private cooperation, and promote innovative projects in the islands.
GTI's services include islands assessment and certification, technical support and training, good practices dissemination to accelerate an island's sustainable journey. The annual GTI e_Convention, international conference and exhibition, offers updates to the public at large from different island regions with a focus on the integration of technology, policy and finance.
Substantial accomplishments to date
· 7,000+ islands involved directly and through Island Associations: INSULEUR, GLISPA, OCTA, SMILO, CPMR, OTIE, HSIN
· 15 international and national conferences
. 400+ speakers
· 100+ companies and industry associations involved
· 59+ institutions
· 50+ island projects evaluated by the GTI Awards
· Partner of IRENA SIDS LHI
· Supported by European Commission, UNESCO, UN DESA, UN WTO, IRENA, FAO, ITC and others
· Partnership with Green Destinations Foundation to support islands through the GTI Observatory Global Index obtaining a certification accredited by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (UN body)
Greening the Islands finances its activities through several business units:
· GTI Observatory Memberships (annual fee of Corporates, Islands, Academia &
· Sponsorships of events (GTI e_Convention sponsorship opportunities, GTI Webinars)
· GTI Academy (Training, e-learning)
· Calls and tenders (depending on budget)
In the near future, most activities and relative revenues will come through the Digital Platform. Revenue will also flow from paid subscriptions to the new GTI Digital Platform, which should greatly expand the scope of all GTI activities, and commissions
through a B2B marketplace.
Use of proceeds
GTI intends to invest 60% of the proceeds in the development of the existing GTI App into a new more powerful digital platform and in marketing activities.
40% will be invested in the GTI staff base, to strengthen the team acquiring more resources and increasing engagement with the current ones.
Gianni Chianetta is the founder and sole director of Greening the Islands and he dedicates 70% of his time to the company.
Gianni is also CEO of The Green Consulting Group and CEO of the Global Solar Council, a member of Greening the Islands Observatory. He dedicates 30% of his time to these temporary roles for 2022. After the conclusion of this campaign, Gianni will be dedicated full time to Greening the Islands.
In 2014 Greening the Islands was an annual conference run by The Green Consulting Group, which is a company focused on the development of projects. Greening the Islands was established as a legal entity in 2017, has had stable cooperation with The Green Consulting Group since then and intends to maintain this relationship.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. €67,000 loan from Unicredit at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in April 2025
2. €30,000 loan from Banca Intesa at an interest rate of 1.23% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on July 2030
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Greening the Islands
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.