- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
Grocemania is an on-demand (one hour) delivery service, allowing customers to shop for groceries and drinks at their favorite local stores and get the order delivered in minutes for as little as £2.50!
Like Airbnb, the rental company that own no properties, we are the grocery delivery company without stores or stock!
After our first successful Seedrs campaign, and with minimal marketing, we had thousands of orders, 63 stores joining the platform across London, a 4.1/5 satisfaction rating, been featured in various magazines, and proved there's a strong demand for our service.
On top of this, we are now live in Brighton!
Now, we’re aiming to cover 50 more postcodes in London and expand to Nottingham & Bournemouth, with the aim of analyzing data and working with big brands shortly after.
We’re using this crowdfunding campaign to accelerate our expansion, launch our first conference and finish important tech developments required to analyze and work with the product data!
Join us now!
One day, our founder, Askar Bulegenov, having absolutely no-time for shopping and finding himself ill with no-food in the fridge decided to order some groceries online and finds out that:
1. There was a minimum order of at least £40 for one-hour delivery slots with existing providers like Tesco & Ocado.
2. Didn't find any option to order from local food specialists.
3. Delivery fees start with £4.99 per drop and customer service was generally poor
Inspired by success of similar delivery services, we have decided to run a beta test and help some local stores in Kingston to sell more online. Immediately we have started receiving more and more orders and had a number of shops willing to join the platform from nearby areas!
After proving there’s a strong demand for our service from both customers and retailers, we’re on a mission to change the way we do grocery shopping, not just in London, but nationwide! We believe we're addressing a huge venture scale market that is ripe for disruption!
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Delivered and fully automated our MVP to the market, web-app and IOS app.
- On-boarded over 60 shops across London and Brighton, covering 30 major postcode areas
- Over 3000 deliveries performed with an average order being £25.85
- Started our first corporate deliveries with "International Study Group" and now in advance negotiations with a number of other well-known brands across London!
- Reached the first page of Google for keywords like "Grocery Delivery London", "Same Day Grocery Delivery" and others.
- Won various awards and been highly commended at "World Post & Parcel Awards" as an On-Demand Delivery Business.
- Been featured in various editions like The Grocer, Food Navigator, City AM, TNW, Better Retailing, Talking Retail and more!
- Pitched to Mars Group to start a pilot on working with data to understand customer behavior, who are purchasing Mars products on-demand.
- Announced our first conference for Independent Grocery Retail Owners, taking place in London on February 2020, where we are planning to discuss current challenges, technologies, and trends with lots of different business owners, industry leaders, speakers, press and brands! Feel free to join us :)
- Askar featured in the "30 under 30" list by Forbes Russia
And it is just the beginning of our journey!
Since we've launched we had few tweaks in here and slightly changed our monetization strategy in order to fit the market needs and stay "Business Friendly", as we are the business that tries to help independent retailers to sell more effectively!
First of all, we have partnered with a well established B2B logistics service "Stuart" with a float of over 6000 drivers across the UK! This strategic partnership gives Grocemania an amazing opportunity to scale the service across the whole UK, France, Spain and every country where Stuart is already in operation.
Currently, Stuart is charging £5.40 for every delivery within 3 miles radius.
The main components of our revenue come from users in the form of 'Fixed Delivery Fee' of £2.50 and a 'Product Mark-Up' of 20% - 30% for each product bought via our platform. With the average order being £25.85, a typical order generates £10.24. After paying a fee to Stuart we make around £4.85 profit per order.
The minimum order generates us £0.50 profit.
Use of proceeds
This one is pretty straightforward. We anticipate that the capital raised will give us another 12 months of run-away and money will be distributed the following way:
- Expansion & Sales (30%)
We have hired 4 interns to help us cover as many postcodes as we can and identify retailers, who are interested in our services. The interns are working on a commission base and earning money when the new store joins our platform. Interns can get between £25 to £75 per referred store depending on the quality and type of the lead.
Additionally, we plan to run some paid articles with a "subscription" portals like Better Retailing to attract new stores.
- Marketing & Testing (45%)
Aggressive marketing. Most of the Budget will go towards Google Ads, as it is the most converting channel for us. Collaboration with Influencers. Local Press. Run our first Radio ad and start testing new channels.
- Software Development (20%)
Start working on a machine learning and API integrations for our future data analytics software.