- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
Please note that whilst the campaign is labelled as EIS eligible the Company has £40,000 remaining of its SEIS limit. We will, therefore, be looking to seek SEIS relief on the first £40,000 invested into the campaign, with the balance being EIS eligible. Any tax relief is dependent on personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
We are farmers for the future of food. We want to bring food production closer to the point of consumption by building a farm for every chef and urban community around the world.
We grow and harvest to order, with our data-driven, controlled environment urban farms.
Harvest have built our first working vertical and hydroponic farm in the heart of London. We have combined our extensive knowledge of agriculture and technology and created a truly innovative business.
This farm is now at maximum capacity, we are onboarding new customers and look forward to forming partnerships with big players in the foodservice industry.
Our mission is to improve the sustainability and biodiversity of our food systems.
We aim to to bring food production closer to the point of consumption by building a farm for every chef and urban community around the world. Our produce is “Brexit proof” as it is grown here in the UK and delivered directly, fresh to the kitchen.
We aim to:
- Improve both the natural and social environment of urban areas by promoting biodiversity through organic growing.
- Reduce food mileage; by minimising food transportation through local food production.
- Eliminate food wastage by growing to order.
- Increase the availability of high quality, sustainable, and nutritious produce that not only benefits our health but also the health of the planet.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- April 2018 - Bootstrapped and launched our firstPOC facility in Walthamstow;
- May 2018 - Signed our first customer: Through the Woods;
- June 2018 - Signed our second customer Heirloom and achieved 100% operations capacity with our farm;
- August 2018 - Developed the initial prototype of our farm operating platform;
- October 2018 - We have successfully grown over 75 different varieties of herbs, vegetables and edible flowers;
- January 2019 - Began planning our first fundraising round and planning for our first at-scale farm;
- June 2019 - Launched our re-brand as Harvest London;
- August 2019 - Alex Welch joined as our Head of Marketing, Mark Lotz has agreed to join as our Head of Technology;
- September 2019 - Created relationships with some of London's top chefs and restaurants who are keen to work with us following our expansion. We also partnered with Foodchain to distribute to a wider range of restaurants.
Harvest London works with restaurants to understand the kind of crops and how much of each crop they use. We then grow precisely what they need, when they need it.
We are also in talks with large restaurant groups on long-term growing contracts, enabling them to be more sustainable and have more control over their supply chain.
Our farm is currently operating at full capacity, but with your investment we can serve the list of customers who are keen to work with us and help us achieve our mission of transforming the food systems within our cities.
Use of proceeds
Harvest London is raising funds to expand our already running farm. We are growing our staff, resources and technology to maximise the growth potential of our brand. We will be sourcing new customers, new partnerships and great new team members who, with your help, can help take us to the next level.
Salaries = 35%
Rent & Property Tax = 34%
Growing inputs, utilities and operations = 24%
Tech Financing = 7%
We expect to start preparing for a larger round at the end of 2020