- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
We are on a mission to prove that treats don't have to be bad for you and that better for you does not have to be boring. We believe that sometimes parents can be silly, and kids can be sensible. And sometimes treats can be sensible, while so-called healthy foods can be downright ridiculous. That’s why we offer a playful take on the wonderfully weird world of being part of a happy family, and a sensible take on the incredibly important business of giving your family some chocolate.
Through tireless practice and exploration, we’ve perfected the holy grail of the ultimate tasty and health conscious treat for everyone. By not taking no for an answer we’ve removed the negative impacts of sugar without compromising on taste or the emotional fulfilment of a chocolatey treat. It’s a real win-win.
*please note the minimum investment for this campaign is £500.28
Hullabaloo was born out of frustration with being pestered for rubbish-filled childrens' treats.
Frustrated by the lack of proper treats for real families, we’ve taken matters into our own hands. We’re the no-judgement brand creating delicious, lower sugar chocolate bars for the whole family. We make uncompromisingly good treats. Our chocolates contain around 75% less sugar than the industry average.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- We have created three chocolate bars that don't compromise on taste or texture yet avoid the negatives of sugar without using artificial sweeteners.
- We have used an award winning branding agency to craft a stand out challenger brand. B&B studios are the masterminds behind fever tree tonic and bear yo-yos.
- We sold 1000 chocolate bars at pop ups on the high street, at schools, offices and events to test the market.
- We have secured a listing at Maggie & Rose family members club and are in discussions with independents and a major retailer.
- We are working with top rated comedy duo Scummy Mummies on a joint video.
- We have 3.5k followers on instagram and have received over 17k likes.
- We were selected to do a pop-up at WeWork Creator Awards hosted by Ashton Kutcher.
We are focussing on five key routes to market in 2019/2020:
1) UK supermarkets
2) UK food service
3) UK contract catering
Use of proceeds
Proceeds from this £150k raise will be divided across three areas to cover our cost base over the next 12 months:
1) Marketing spend (£50k)
We need to raise brand awareness with the objective of becoming a household name. We believe that they key to selling our product is sampling. We are in discussions with Talk to Mums about organising a sampling campaign.
2) Salaries (£80k)
We will look to add to our current team as soon as we have secured nationwide distribution.
3) Working capital (£20k)