Hunter & Gather
A real food and supplements brand, that provides you the tools to thrive not just survive.
- 100,000+ Customers via Amazon and D2C & 50,000+ Social Followers
- £7.5M Rev to date and £1M+ additional growth LY
- 10 Great Taste Awards & Industry award winners (incl. Forbes)
- 98% recommendation score and 7,500+ verified reviews
Hunter & Gather is a multi-award-winning, cross category, real food & supplements brand that provide our tribe the tools they need to thrive.
As a nation, we’ve moved away from nutrient rich diets in favour of cheap and artificially preserved foods. Chronic illness rates and obesity are at an all-time high and millions are living with or at increased risk of Type 2 diabetes.
It's our mission to revolutionise the food industry by creating real food essentials and everyday supplements that put your health first.
We hunt high and low to gather only the highest quality, real food ingredients (see what we did there) and this means our tribe of loyal shoppers trust in us to create healthy products that also don’t compromise on taste (our 10 Great Taste Awards back this up).
We never use unnecessary binders, fillers, artificial preservatives, cheap inflammatory oils, refined sugars or grains, opting for ancestrally inspired real food ingredients instead (the way food should be made).
Substantial accomplishments to date
· Achieved over £7.5M revenue to date with over £1M in growth last year
· Delivered products to 100,000+ UK households via D2C & Amazon
· Won listings with key retailers: Ocado, Booths, Holland & Barrett, Whole Foods Market, Selfridges, Planet Organic, Daylesford and Independent stockists.
· Over 6000+ repeat product subscribers across D2C & Amazon
· Social media following of over 50,000+
· 10 Great Taste Awards (making us a Great Taste Producer)
· Ocado 2021 Rising Star Award Winner
· Number 1 Ocado Challenger Mayo Brand and 3rd Largest Mayo Brand (after Hellmann's & Heinz)
· Founders named on Forbes 30 under 30 Alumni Winners
· We have been spotted in Victoria Beckhams Pantry!
· Food Matters Live and Nourish Industry Award winners
· International expansion with a 3rd party warehouse operating in EU as of May 2022
· Launched exciting innovation to bring us up to 34+ Skus!
· Amazing customer feedback from over 7500+ verified reviews !
Hunter & Gather has achieved amazing growth to date with our tribe at the heart of all that we do. We are continuing with our omnichannel approach, so that wherever a health conscious consumer shops (online or in store), we want to be available.
We will continue to drive growth via D2C and Amazon, utilising these platforms to explore additional territories such as Germany, France, Spain and Italy. A strong social media advertising strategy and UK website (launched recently in 2022) is already providing an increase in shoppers geared towards subscription. We aim to continue to improve this and invest behind the growth.
Retail is also key for our omnichannel strategy. We recently launched in over 300 Holland and Barrett stores Nationwide (Sept 2022), we will be continuing to increase our presence across the UK in physical retail, with a focus on grocery and speciality health stores throughout 2023.
Use of proceeds
Proceeds will be used for growth capital in 5 key areas:
1) Key Hires - To bring in top level talent primed for growth.
2) New Product Development - bringing innovation to market to continue to be a cross-category innovator
3) Launch & Grow key retail channels in the UK & EU with an omnichannel approach.
4) Brand Marketing Charge - Content overhaul, Social Media Advertising upgrades & brand collaborations to drive retail and D2C sales growth
5) Finalise our BCORP status (Currently pending with a 95.2 score!)
Please note that the lead investor, Black International Investments Limited (“Black”), will receive narrow-based weighted average anti-dilution rights (i.e the right to be issued additional shares at nominal value in the event of a downround).
Seedrs investors will not have these rights due to EIS eligibility.
In addition, Black has agreed to:
i. the purchase of 62,434 issued ordinary shares at a share price of £5.61 per share by way of a secondary transaction; and
ii. the future payment of £250,000 for 40,136 ordinary shares at the share price of the round. These shares will be issued to Black now at nominal value and Black will be obliged to pay the outstanding premium on these shares (£250,000) upon the Company hitting certain performance targets during FY2023-24. If the targets are not met, Black will have the right, but not the obligation, to pay the outstanding premium to the Company, otherwise the shares will be forfeited. Until the premium is fully paid on these shares, the shares shall have no voting, liquidation, participation or dividend rights.
The company has the following outstanding debt:
i. £370,504.01 loan from Amazon Lending at an interest rate of 12.99% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 31st August 2023;
ii. £163,000.00 loan from the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme at an interest rate of 6.85% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 26th May 2026. There is currently £151,962.68 remaining on the loan;
iii. £50,000.00 loan from Bounce Back Loan Scheme at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 4th May 2027. There is currently £36,666.72 remaining on the loan;
iv. £79,000.00 revenue share facility from PayPal Working Capital at a fixed fee of £4,462.00. The loan is to be repaid via a 30% revenue share of all sales via PayPal and is projected to be repaid by May 2023. There is currently £65,907.00 remaining on the facility;
v. £88,000.00 revenue share facility from Shopify Capital at a fixed fee of £7,040.00. The loan is to be repaid via a 17% revenue share of all sales via Shopify and is projected to be repaid by December 2022. There is currently £44,686.99 remaining on the facility;
vi. £140,000.00 revenue share facility from Clearco at a fixed fee of £8,400. The loan is to be repaid via a 12% revenue share of all sales via Shopify and is projected to be repaid by December 2022. There is currently £20,352.00 remaining on the facility;
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
The pre-money valuation for Hunter & Gather has been calculated on a fully diluted basis, including all existing rights to equity that may convert and dilute investors in the future. In this case, the valuation reflects (i) issued shares and (ii) issued options.
Please note that the pre-money valuation of the business when taking into account only issued share capital is £8M.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Hunter & Gather
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.