Engineering world class renewable energy storage solutions to make the world a cleaner and greener place.
|Sectors||Energy Mixed Digital/Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Company number||HRB 718714|
|Incorporation date||3 Jan 2014|
- Highly competitive and innovative German engineered product
- Huge and growing marketplace for renewable energy solutions
- Total sales over €5m and hit operating profit breakeven May '19*
- Virtual Power Plant in development with global expansion plans
Hycube Technologies exists to build world-class energy storage systems – taking energy from solar panels and storing it for later use in your home or business.
This means you can store cheap clean energy during the day, and use it at night, or whenever you need it. It also means you have electricity if there is a power cut in your area, which is important for developing countries.
Whilst some storage products are very basic, our products have high levels of home integration, expandability and intelligence that separate us from the competition, including major brands like Tesla.
Currently, we have 3 products that can all be used for home or for small businesses:
Our products provide a simple to install, all-in-one housing that enables the addition and removal of batteries. A user interface, on the unit / via mobile / “MyHycube.com”. A power failover mechanism and a Home Energy Management System that can interface with electric vehicles, sockets, heating and intelligently prioritize their use.
The company was formed to specifically address 4 market opportunities:
- Global climate change and the pressure on governments, businesses and consumers to be more energy efficient.
- A reduction / complete removal of Feed In Tariff’s (FIT’s) which governments pay to solar panel owners, driving many solar owners to store rather than sell their energy.
- Reduction in cost of battery hardware and the desire for many people to become “energy independent” by using their own self-produced energy
- Grid instability in developing worlds, requiring stored energy solutions as a backup.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Profit break even was reached in May 2019.*
>440 units sold so far, in Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Switzerland, and South Africa.
* Contains unsold/unfinished inventory value in revenue figures in accordance with local accounting standards
o Design and Engineering of 3 Hybrid Smart Storage Systems (e.Compact,e.Active,tri.Active).
o Development of a Home Energy Management Software networking with the Battery Management System (BMS) in each single battery rack to control the entire energy flow in the building including EV Charger, radio controlled sockets, immersion heater etc.
o “On Box” control system with touch screen GUI.
o Development of a web portal, and mobile apps with real time monitoring.
Production design and build efforts have resulted in:
o Setup Test Stand for Quality Assurance (QA).
o Regulatory certification.
o Setup of the production line.
Marketing efforts to date include:
o Training of sales team members.
o Development of a CRM system.
o Creation of a marketing website with configuration options for the customer for online sales.
o Initial marketing activities such as PV trade fairs (Intersolar Munich) to promote the product to installers and wholesalers side.
Hycube makes money by selling our storage solution products.
So far we have sold over 440 units with a total combined revenue of over EUR 5m**. Each Hycube can be configured for the customer in terms of model and capacity. It is possible to chain several together if a customer wants a lot of power and this results in a sale worth many tens of thousands.
So far, we have concentrated only on SW Germany. Our intention now is to market across all German speaking territories (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), and form distribution agreements for Europe, Asia and the US.
As one example, we are currently finalising a sales agreement with Hornbach, Germany’s largest DIY chain to have a Hycube stand in their stores. Hornbach also have stores across the rest of Europe, including the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, Slovakia and Romania.
Several other discussions are taking place with similar businesses outside Germany to extend our global reach.
** Revenue includes €195,347.19 of capitalised costs which are also included in the administrative expenses, and hence net off in the overall result. This accounting treatment is also compliant with local and UK GAAP.
Use of proceeds
We intend to use the raised capital as follows:
We are offering the following discounts to registered Seedrs investors who buy a Hycube from us:
Invested Amount (Euros) Discount
750 or above___________3%
5,000 or above_________Additional 3%
10,000 or above________Additional 3%
- This offer is time limited to 2 years from the close of the funding round
- The discount does not apply to installation costs or shipping, only to the unit cost before local taxes
- The discount applies only to units purchased directly from Hycube and not from other retailers, installers or wholesalers
- The discount cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotion from Hycube
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
All investors in this funding round will receive shares which have anti-dilution rights attached. This protection only applies if there is further investment at a post-money valuation of less than €36,000,000 within a two year period after the completion of this current funding round. If this is triggered then investors holding the anti-dilution rights will be entitled to require the transfer of the appropriate number of shares from the main shareholder Nina Appold, at €1 per share, to maintain their holding.
In addition, shareholders from the previous funding rounds who invested €500,000 in October and €350,000 in December 2019 also have similar anti-dilution rights. These apply if there is further investment at a post-money valuation of less than €46,000,000 and €36,000,000 respectively, also within a two year period after the completion of their investment, at €1 per share. These will both be triggered by the shares issued for this round, for which a transfer of shares from Nina will be arranged subsequent to the round closing.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. €500,000 loan from VR Bank at an interest rate of 5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in monthly instalments of €5,700.
2. €700,000 loan from the company's directors at an interest rate of 4% per annum. The loan is to be repaid on 31 December 2022.
3. €740,000 loan jointly from SF Investment and Linunga Development GmbH at an interest rate of 4% per annum with shares held by the Appold Family transferred as collateral. The loan is to be repaid on 31 December 2021, and the shares transferred back.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Please note that the share price for this round is €538.21. Due to this high share price, we have decided to allow investors to hold fractional shares. This means that we have reduced the investment multiple to €5.03 (representing 1/107th of a share), with the minimum investment being €10.06. As these shares will be held via the Seedrs Nominee, fractional entitlements are possible.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Hycube
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.