Ice is a revolutionary and digital first customer loyalty scheme, established by the management team behind Airmiles (Avios).
The profitable global customer loyalty market is ripe for disruption, with 77% of UK adults members of at least one loyalty programme.
But existing schemes often sell consumers short with short term offers and restrictive terms and conditions.
The Ice® management team know loyalty and have created Ice to be a totally fresh rewards scheme.
We have aimed for Ice to be easy to join, easy to use, easy to get value and easy on the planet; as Ice only partners with retailers who have strong environmental credentials. Ice is always on top of other rewards the customer may get and there is no need to carry yet another loyalty card.
Ice’s environmental message aims to connect with today’s consumers - We are confident that they will love that they can make a difference just by shopping.
Retailers are also under pressure from media and Government and welcome Ice’s help. Ice is proven to deliver incremental business to its partners with zero cost of IT integration and staff training for the retailer.
Notice to investors
Please see the attached disclosure document for important information on the company's capital structure, debt, and potential future fundraising. In particular, the company is currently in the process of creating a bond instrument, with an associated issue of equity. This could have a significant dilutive effect on investors.
Ice’s mission is “to mitigate climate change via mass consumer purchase power”.
Ice educates and incentivises consumers to buy from businesses with superior environmental credentials. Ice earns recurring commission of up to 10% on automatically tracked customer transactions directly with Ice retailers.
Consumers don’t always have the time to research which companies to buy from, so Ice does the ground work so the consumer doesn’t have to.
The powerful Ice currency creates a virtuous circle, consumers get rewarded, and Ice delivers incremental business to our retailers - example:
* Ice average transaction value = +152% over a retailer’s normal average.
* Customers trade up when they spend Ice points = uplift is 53%.
* Our metrics show that consumers actively purchase more from a wide range of other Ice retailers because of the power of the Ice programme.
Over the first 5 years we aim for Ice to direct over £5bn of customer spend to environmentally superior retailers.
Substantial accomplishments to date
The Ice programme is fully operational and we undertook a test marketing launch, which was positively received by press and consumers, successfully recruiting over 30,000 card sign-ups, spending £2.6m in the last couple of months. Key milestones achieved are:
• Ice was selected as UK launch partner for Global Card Linked Services provider - unique contract, Ice owns the data.
• Fully scalable system with the highest attestation of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard version 3.2 compliant, bespoke, secure integration.
• Long term contracts with blue chip retailers with annual revenues of £6bn+. 2-10% commission via “always on”, collect and spend contracts with retailers generate automatically tracked, recurring revenue.
• Instant digital customer interaction at point of purchase - tracking and support via real time, mobile interface.
• Future proofed - works with PayPal, contactless, Apple Pay/Android Pay, digital wallets and reward apps.
• Intellectual property - Ice owns software IP, currency structure and all operational processes.
• Device responsive website - adapts to deliver optimum content for mobile, tablet and PC users.
• Fully GDPR compliant data warehouse, data analytics, targeted marketing communications.
• Technical ecommerce invention - patented in USA, Australia, Japan, Argentina, Canada, New Zealand.
• Successful test marketing launch proving that the Ice programme delivers strong customer engagement.
The Ice programme is cash generative because customers are automatically opted in to all Ice retailers when they sign up their payment card. Thereafter there is immediate monetisation of Ice customer transactions.
• Recurring commission currently up to 10% earned automatically on all transactions with an Ice retail partner using a Mastercard registered with Ice.
• Commission on transactions with affiliate partners via www.myice.com.
• Fees for advertising on Ice website.
• Fees for data analytics including creation of retailer bespoke targeted marketing to the Ice customer base.
• Partnerships with retailers with Ice providing an exclusive loyalty solution
• Partnerships with issuing bank partners to enhance their customer card proposition.
• Extend the programme to other card processing networks such as VISA and AMEX.
• Launch Ice in international markets.
In 5 years we aim to recruit at least 5mn customers in UK alone, spending £2bn per annum in Ice.
Use of proceeds
Proceeds of this funding round are to be used to:
• Accelerate the successful customer acquisition campaign.
Cost per Acquisition deals (i.e. payment on successful sign-up) have been negotiated with media owners and influencers to de-risk marketing spend and maximise cost-efficiency.
• Develop retailer relationships.
• Continue to invest in systems innovation and scaling.
• Breakdown of expenditure:
The power of its membership base together and GDPR-compliant data will represent a hugely valuable asset. Comparable membership and data analytics businesses are typically valued on the basis of the life-time value per customer on top of conventional cashflow and EBITDA methodologies.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Loading, please wait...