Italians Clubhouse format springs from years of investment and knowledge of London, management of successful businesses covering food & beverage operations, design, and fashion. Most of all by the passion of bringing the pleasure and quality of Italian Lifestyle to the London market.
A new amazing venture by the creators of the successfully integrated platform of social media and events (#EatDrinkLoveItalian, more than 100,000 followers) as well as serial investors in Made by Italians (i2i.london).
The first clubhouse boasts a casual restaurant open to the public, a terrace, a wine bar, private lounges and private dining for members, a Campari Bar, Members Room, B&B, private tailors, barber, gym and bespoke concierge services.
Soft launched in December 2017 and currently operating as a pop-up event space and art gallery, the Clubhouse aims to be fully operative by the end of spring 2018, in Mayfair's original Village, Shepherd Market. Our next opening is planned in Shoreditch in winter 2018/2019.
Italian restaurants, wine bars, and design venues are already dominating the London market. Italian Lifestyle can be found all over the media and has become increasingly inspirational for both wealthy Londoners as well as for the younger generations. Furthermore, despite the presence of more than 500,000 Italians in the UK, mostly in London, there is no destination proposing the everyday Italian lifestyle at 360 degrees, using a quintessentially British establishment: the Club.
Unlike other concepts, which often focus on wealth and status, Italians Clubhouse is aimed at design enthusiasts, foodies and people looking for a place where they can still connect and share their passions in true Italian style.
The club’s concept will please even the fussiest members by creating, in different locations around London, a bespoke look and feel for each postcode/village.
Substantial accomplishments to date
In the first 12 months since the idea, the founders have achieved and financed:
- A 20-year lease in Shepherd Market, Mayfair; the heart of one of London's wealthiest areas and part of a large-scale urban re-development
- Created a unique club that could be implemented in smaller venues - versus the traditional and expensive club model
- A new concept, benefiting from solid commercial and financial basis and a network of participating members and partners
- A venue promoted with pop-up events and pop-up gallery, with press coverage and amazing social media base
- Secured a long-term loan and first private investors to secure the finance of refurbishment works
- Secured a partnership with Campari
- Secured a team of experienced industry professionals supporting the founders; among them Roberto Boscolo, part of the well-known family of 5-stars hoteliers, an expert in hotel management and concierge services
The Food & Beverage operations occupy two-thirds of Italians Clubhouse.
Memberships, extra services, and the B&B operation will accelerate the plan and has the potential to support the second opening with little or no extra fundraising.
An initial refurbishment of the first location has already increased the commercial value of the property, with further refurbishments planned. The chance to reverse the upper floors back to residential could provide a plan-b safety-net/exit strategy.
Furthermore, Italians Clubhouse already operates ITS Fashion Street Cafe located in the prestigious Istituto Marangoni in Shoreditch.
Corporate investor (non-EIS seeking) - investing more than £15,000 will get a free corporate lifetime membership.
Individual investors - investing more than £5,000 will get a 50% discount on any membership options for the first year.
Use of proceeds
Fund raised during the campaign will support our growth in the start-up phase.
Italians Clubhouse intends to invest the proceeds in:
- Additional high-quality refurbishment works of the first location
- Secure top of the trade personnel
- Marketing campaign targeting the local business community (beyond the existing large network of followers)
- Securing a larger location on Fashion Street, Shoreditch, where the Italians Clubhouse already owns the successful ITS Fashion Street Cafe.
Please note, the company has an outstanding loan of £500,000 with an interest rate of 7% per annum, to be paid off within the next 3 years. None of the funds raised will be used to repay this loan.
For the first venue of Italians Clubhouse, the target is dictated by one of the wealthiest neighbourhood in London, yet in constant search of your friendly reliable nest or the latest trendy destination. Italians Clubhouse has the means to satisfy them all. In particular targets:
- Young and not-so-young professionals working in the area in the wealth management industry, fashion and art industries
- Foodies looking for a casual and affordable lunch during the week or for a trendy aperitivo served before a quality dining without ever renouncing to a glass of wine and to a proper espresso
- The wealthiest members of the Italian Community looking for a place to call 'home' without compromises and with discretion
- Tourists visiting Shepherd Market with its renown galleries and nearby attractions
- Membership circle: Journalists, Finance Professionals, Designers, Foodies, Stylists and Media Professionals
Characteristics of target market
Traditional Clubs' memberships are experiencing a downward trend, they are not appealing to millennials who are not keen to be part of expensive membership deemed old-fashioned and conservative.
Italians Clubhouse wants to bridge that gap and enter the market offering both the exclusivity of traditional London Private Clubs and the openness to enjoy design, food, fashion and much more.
The targeted market shall be made of all those enthusiasts in design, fashion, food, travel and entertainment or simply for those looking for an elegant yet quiet place to enjoy some time and some quality of life without facing overpriced charges.
The Italian lifestyle serves them all, young and not-so-young, trends followers and old gentlemen.
During the weekend the area the Shepherd Market Area is far from dormant. For local businessmen, tourists, as well as for the busy 30-minutes diners during the week, Italians Clubhouse will be like a small hidden secret.
Eat Drink Love Italian (EDLI), the lifestyle & media brand created by the Founders of ITS Clubhouse in 2011, will be spearheading the marketing efforts of the clubhouse. EDLI already organised multiple events with several Italian public institutions such as the Italian Embassy in London and the Italian Chamber of Commerce. Italians Clubhouse has had thousands of sign-ups so far. Further to that, the 50k clients base of EDLI in the design and fashion world along with the business network of i2i shall create a great reach at an institutional, public and business level.
Finally, in addition to the events which shall take place, an ad campaign is set to start a month before the beginning of the full operations in order to reach the general public.
We believe our concept is completely different from the traditional ones and we want to tap the absence of such offer in the market satisfying those customers who want to be part of a very exclusive place without that feeling of being outdated and a very expensive yearly bill.
The Italians Clubhouse shall offer:
- A true cosmopolitan lifestyle experience within our clubhouse concept
- A relaxed environment where beauty, taste, and quality are at the centre of the experience
- Opportunities for aspiring members to benefit from the services when the clubhouse is less busy
- Members' payments will be cash and card free letting them enjoy the experience anytime, with no need to think about taking the wallet along and being served like at home
- To ensure a relaxing environment, clients will be able to monitor the number of people in the clubhouse at any time, guaranteeing the absence of noisy crowds
- Freshly prepared food all day long and access to member granted virtually 24/7 (restrictions will apply)
Loading, please wait...