Jump Ship Brewing
A multi-award winning alcohol-free brewery, committed to our craft, our community and our planet.
|Location||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Sectors||Food & Beverage Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Incorporation date||12 Dec 2019|
- Multi-award-winning, including world's best non-alcoholic lager.
- Tripled sales in last two years ('20 - '22)*.
- Listed in top venues including Michelin starred restaurants.
- Set to install Scotland's first specialist alcohol-free brewery.
Jump Ship Brewing was founded in 2019 by Sonja Mitchell out of a love of beer and a horror of hangovers. Frustrated by a lack of decent alcohol-free alternatives, she set off on a voyage of discovery to brew her own world-class alcohol-free beer in Scotland. She launched on the back of a successful crowdfunding campaign with her flagship beer, Yardarm
Peter Sharp joined as head brewer in 2021 from the historic Caledonian Brewery. We now have a core range of four amazing beers, plus seasonal releases and colloborations, each craft brewed in small batches to be naturally less than 0.5% ABV. We brew our beers to be as inclusive as possible, so not only are they alcohol-free, our core range are also gluten-free, vegan, low-calorie and low-sugar.
And we want to do great things as well as brew great beers. We have committed 10% of profits to charity and brew our beers as sustainably as possible.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Launched on the back of successful Crowdfunder campaign (target hit within seven days).
- Tripled sales in the last two years (2020 - 2022), including 240% growth in wholesale in 2022 driven by strong growth in the on-trade*. Listed with over 130 independent stockists, with top venues such as the Gleneagles Townhouse Hotel and Michelin starred 21212.
- Exports made to US and Finland, with planned roll out to a further 300 Finnish stores this year.
- Expanded our core range to four beers, as well as two seasonal releases and two collaborations, with more to come.
- Featured on national media including BBC, Woman & Home, BBC Good Food, IndyBest, with BBC TV coverage airing in March this year.
- Scottish Edge winning business (UK's biggest funding competition) and part of prestigious Unlocking Ambition programme.
- Beer awards include World Beer Awards style winner 2021, 2 x Scottish Beer Awards gold, and European Beer Challenge gold, as well Scottish Design Award for our cans.
- Supported several charities nominated by our shipmates, including Firsthand Lothian and Empty Kitchens, Full Hearts.
*based on unaudited management accounts.
Our main sales channel are trade ( direct and wholesale), direct to consumer via our own website or Amazon, and export.
We sell directly to independent restaurants, bars and bottleshops, with a focus on premium outlets. Customers include Margiotta, a premium convenience group partnered with Waitrose. We are also listed with regional hospitality groups including Buzzwork Holdings and the Signature Pub Group.
Our wholesale is through Inverarity Morton and New Wave Beer in Scotland, and Pigs Ear Beer in England. We also sell through specialist online retailers such as Dry Drinker.
The majority of our direct to consumer sales are through our own website, with average order value of £40.60 (last 6 months).
Export sales to date have been to Finland and the USA, with plans to grow these markets and expand into new areas in 2023.
Future growth plans focus on expanding distribution to multiple retailers, strengthening our position in the on-trade and growing D2C sales.
Use of proceeds
Installation of brewery: 71%
- Purchase of packaging line including canning machine and labeller.
- 20HL Unitank and chillers
- Flooring, drainage and brewhouse installation.
Grow team: 29%
- Two new hires: national account manager and digital marketing manager.
The pre-money valuation for Jump Ship Brewing has been calculated on a fully diluted basis, including all existing rights to equity that may convert and dilute investors in the future. In this case, the valuation on the campaign reflects (i) issued shares (ii) 10% Option Pool
Please note that the pre-money valuation of the business when taking into account only issued share capital, is £2m.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £20,000 Bounce Back loan from Starling Bank at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. As of Feb 2023, the outstanding balance is £18,049. The loan will be cleared in 2026.
2. £35,000 loan from Scottish Edge at an interest rate of 5% per annum. As of Feb 2023, the outstanding balance is £32,083 and is going to be repaid by 2027.
3. £221,000 Director’s loan at no interest rate. The loan will not be repaid before the next 3 years.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Jump Ship Brewing
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.