An at-home circular solution for personal care for those who value wellbeing for people and planet.
- £150k+* in sales, 12.08k trees planted, + 70k+ plastic diverted
- 3300+ customers buying into our first pilot products
- Featured in Good Morning ITV, The Guardian, The Times and more
- Straddling 3 markets (beauty, wellness & subs) worth £3B combined
We are a simple at-home refill and reuse solution for personal care. Our quality, plant based essentials are supportive for our skin health and wellness, but also benefit Mother Earth.
With over 120B pieces of personal care packaging being used every year and 69% of us want to reduce our plastic consumption, there is a real need for solutions that design out waste but also that customers want to use.
We want to offer a simple switch that delivers MORE not less. In quality, convenience and style.
We’ve bootstrapped and launched our MVP (pilot) in late 2019 focusing on D2C to test our concept in the market and garner lots of real life learnings. We have seen a real engagement with our circular and shelf worthy packaging. But the real value has been in seeing how much people love the products within.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• We have had over 50+ press features including the FT, Guardian, Style
Exhibited in the Design Museum and longlisted in the Dezeen Awards for our innovative dispenser
• Mentioned by the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak for our efforts
• We have 3,300 customers to date with an average return rate of 44.78%
• £150,000 in revenue *
• 4.8* star reviews
• Significant wholesale interest from national accounts
• Partnerships with Made.com, The Design Museum, LF Markey, and Glassette.com
* Based on unaudited management accounts.
• Over 12.08k trees planted and 70,000 pieces of plastic saved
• Secured a new partnership with leading product manufacturer, with 10 new products in testing ready to launch to market in Autumn including haircare (our most sought after request) and improved COGs and IP
• Working with partners Moramma to bring to market a new way of dispensing from the can that will have IP protection and will offer a frictionless and modern way to dispense and use KANKAN
The personal care market is huge, estimated at around $150bn+ globally with £3bn in the UK alone, and Clean Beauty is worth a staggering £54.5bn globally. We are aiming for 1% of the market.
Currently the majority of KANKAN sales come from retail customers via our website.
We will sell our personal care essentials via a multi-channel model and our new product range and packaging will allow us to broaden our channel mix.
By 2023 we intend for our sales to be split 1/3 D2C & Subscription, and 2/3 B2B and wholesale. We believe we have the ability to significantly improve our LTV and GPM over the next 36-months through new suppliers.
All revenue is from the UK, with European launch planned in April 2023.
Subscription service launched in April 2022, contributing to 7% of our sales in the first month.
Use of proceeds
Now we’re raising to fuel growth by expanding our range, developing packaging IP, customer acquisition, and new hires that will allow us to broaden our channel mix and scale.
New Product Development: 22%. Range expansion and new packaging.
Assets: 10%. Investment in new equipment to improve efficiencies in production and allow us to centralise our manufacturing.
People: 20%. Key hires in Marketing and Sales.
Customer Acquisition & Marketing: 48%. Key investment across digital marketing, press and influencer activity.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. Bounce back loan of £29,000 with a 2.5% interest rate, to be repaid over monthly instalments of £562.90 until January 2027.
2. Non-interest bearing directors loan from Mary McLeod of £30,317.81 to be repaid by March 2025.
3. Non-interest bearing £32,699.39 directors loan from Eliza Flanagan to be repaid by March 2025.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
A portion of the investment reflected in this campaign was received by the Company in the 6 months prior to the launch of the investment round on Seedrs and the Company has started putting this to use.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of KANKAN
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.