Automation of manual processes in the construction industry with mobile cutting robot.
|Location||Odense S, Denmark|
|Sectors||Property Digital B2B|
|Incorporation date||1 Jul 2018|
- Automates cutting processes on site via app or voice control.
- From development startup to producing and selling in two years.
- Selling to Developers, contractors, carpenters & education.
- Export initiated in Scandinavia 2021.
By embracing innovation and investing in technology we can effectively give construction companies the power to lessen the impact of labor shortage in the construction industry and make life better for the construction worker.
If you are working in the construction industry, you are at a high risk of being worn down too early in your work life. Manual cutting and materials handing on site are common throughout the construction industry. This is often time-consuming with a lot of repetitive work that wears you out. Moreover, human hands and skilled workers are a scarce resource in the coming years. Kobots’ automated technology is here to solve these challenges.
Kobots have developed the mobile and collaborative cutting robot Amigo - a software and hardware platform that automates cutting processes vis app or through voice-control.
Our vision is to make life better for construction workers and make businesses more profitable.
Substantial accomplishments to date
¤ Funds raised from private equity/investors: +1,5 M EUR
¤ Funds raised from grants and soft funding: +0,5 M EUR
¤ Number of patents: 7
¤ Proof of concept in 2019
¤ Launch in Denmark in 2020
¤ Launch in Norway in 2021
¤ Cut 23,000 sqm and 580 pallets of plaster boards since 2020
¤ Approx. 40,000 cuttings in total
Currently, we get great customer feedback and experience a lot of interest from carpenters, developers, contractors and educational institutions. Some of our customers say the following about Amigo:
- "I was afraid it would be too static and cumbersome. But I do have to say that we have had a much more efficient workflow. We’ve probably saved 15 percent in working hours plus a lot of time for cleaning because the robot pretty much doesn’t dust. It has been a super positive experience". Niels Lien, CEO (May 2021).
– "Usually, I can produce for one man, who mounts the plasterboard. Now I keep 4-5 men going. It gives us a good flow. I’m a huge fan. I also have a much better working position during the day. There is also much less dust in the air than usual. After I started working with Amigo, I can settle for half the allergy medicine". Jonas Engel, Carpenter at Hustømrerne (June 2021).
- "The advantages of the machine are that we do not have the dust and that we save a lot of bad lifts and working positions". Jesper Handwerk, Director at Storm & Handwerk (August 2021).
Kobots have gone from development startup to producing and selling in 2020. We have a solid product-market fit and proof of business.
Now, it is time for scaling, and we will expand and scale our business in 2021 and onwards. We will enter international markets through established and renowned dealers and strategic partners to get access to distribution channels and start joint sales efforts.
Today we have formal and strategic, commercial partnerships with Velux and Fermacell, and we wish to further expand this to increase sales, share knowhow and to do joint product development.
Kobots has three different pricing models and the customer can choose to rent the Amigo on a monthly basis, rent on subscription basis or buy the Amigo up front.
With all new customers, Kobots start a full service training programme at the Kobots Training Academy. The workers get a Kobots training certificate and are now ready to use the Amigo on the construction site.
Use of proceeds
Break down of how the investment is planned to be spent:
60% - Sales, marketing & PR. Awareness, training and technical sales is crucial to scaling the business.
30% - Production & supply chain. In order to keep track on all the incoming orders, we need to invest in ressources and production capacity.
10% - Product development. We are driven by technology and innovation, and most product development has been funded already. However, we allocate funds for localization of products.
In everything we do, we work focused with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Kobots has identified four main goals that support our main objectives and contrubute to a sustainable future for Kobots, our stakeholders and our planet.
At Kobots, we have visions and ambitions grounded in real life experiences. Founder and CEO Peter Hartvigsen has more than 20 years experience in the construction industry as carpenter, and our investments are always based on creating value in the market.
Please note the business has outstanding debt obligations. Please see the documents section for further details of each.
Note, funds raised as part of this round will not be used to repay outstanding debt.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Kobots
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.