World-class, fresh cocktails, designed by award-winning mixologists, from the comfort of your own home.
|Location||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Sectors||Food & Beverage Digital B2C|
|Incorporation date||8 Sep 2020|
- Over £120,000 in Revenue Generated in First 7 Months Trading
- Subscription Purchases Generated over £70,000 of this Revenue
- Featured In: Stylist, Esquire, Delicious, Telegraph, Metro...
- Spirits Partnerships With Leading International Distributor
Here at Kocktail HQ we believe that freshly made, world-class cocktails can bring people together and create memorable moments. From a perfect night in with your loved ones to the ideal dinner party gift…
Our Kocktail Curator Neil was the senior bartender at the Savoy Hotel’s Beaufort Bar, so he really knows how to make a special drink. Our cocktails are made with the finest spirits and fresh juices, just like in the world’s top bars. To really bring an immersive cocktail experience into your home, all of our drinks come with stunning garnishes and our “Story Behind the Serve Cards” to give you the low-down on what you’re drinking.
In the first 7 months of Kocktail we have sent out over 4,000 orders and generated c.£120,000 in revenue, creating over 100 five star reviews from our valued customers.
We have been featured in top-tier press including Esquire, Stylist, The Evening Standard, Delicious and The Telegraph. We were even featured on the BBC’s Saturday Kitchen Live.
Substantial accomplishments to date
September 2020 - Company Launched
October 2020 - National Press Attention
November 2020 - First 1,000 Boxes Shipped
December 2020 - Moved To Multiple Manufacturing Days Per Week
January 2021 - Signed Multi-National Spirits Partner
February 2021 - £100k in Revenue Reached
March 2021 - Moved To Own Premises With Industrial Machinery
May 2021 - Confirmed listing in Sainsbury's stores of up to 18,000 units
- Approximately 80% of revenue generated directly through Kocktail.co.uk. 12% is in direct corporate orders, and 8% through Not On The High Street.
- Gross Margin varies depending on product. Gross Profit is c.52.5%.*
- Future expansion into Amazon and Ocado planned through multi-national spirits distributor.
- Range extention with "always on" gift boxes including: a Negroni Box, Old Fashioned Box and Margarita Box.
- New machinery allows volume to scale from 800 bottles to 4,000 bottles per day.
*Source: Unaudited Management Accounts.
Use of proceeds
- Marketing: 57.2%
- Staff Salaries: 18.3%
- Raw Materials: 16%
- Capital Investment: 8.5%
The first £150k invested in the round is eligible for SEIS tax relief and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
Investments over £150k will be eligible for EIS.
There is a directors loan totalling £49,043.95 with no specific encumbrance for the company to repay.
The business has an ongoing lease of machinery for a fixed period of 36 months, at a monthly cost of £558.31 for the next 35 months.
There is outstanding trade credit with Logistics North East to the amount of £5,500, to be paid back in the next 2 months.
There is outstanding trade credit with ESC Packaging to the amount of £9,204, to be paid back in 2 instalments of £4,602 on 30/04/21 and 31/05/21.
Funds raised as part of this campaign will not be used to pay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Kocktail
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.