We are the destination of plant decor for the modern plant lover. We transform homes & lives with nature.
- +68% YoY Revenue Growth (Jan '21 - Jan '22)*
- 80% of revenue driven by non-paid for traffic & word of mouth
- 364% YoY revenue growth* - B2B sales (Grind, Google, Soho Home)
- +1,600 Subscribers & loyal customers - 45% order repeat rate
We believe in the power of plants to positively impact lives. That’s why our mission is to guide you on your journey from plant parent newbie to fanatic and bring your space to life with nature!
Leaf Envy is the destination for plant collectors, stylists & enthusiasts. We’ve defined a new homeware category to explain what we do: Plant Decor, and our bespoke pots and plant care accessories range are created for the interior design obsessed.
We are a digitally-native d2c plant brand with a design-led subscription, bespoke range of indoor plants, plant decor products. We also have a B2B plant installation service called "Leaf Envy Projects" where we design luscious green schemes for some of the biggest brands in the UK.
Substantial accomplishments to date
→ +68% YoY Revenue Growth* (Jan '21 - Jan '22) - Bootstrapped to date
→ Revenue driven by 80% non-paid for traffic & word of mouth
→ Fulfilled over 25,000 orders nationwide
→ Developed own bespoke pot range that fits entire plant range:
→ Subscription gained over 1,600 customers - As seen in GQ, Grazia, Elle & Refinery29
→ 60% YoY growth rate for our Subscription Box ("21-22)*
→ Dropship partnership with luxury retailers Soho Home
Our first dropship range with Soho Home - new range launching in Q2!
→ B2B average deal size £3,500 with notable clients including Google, Grind Coffee, Adidas. All B2B has been inbound enquiries to date. 364% YoY revenue growth for our B2B Sales* (Jan '21-Jan'22).
One of our plant installation projects with Grind Coffee (we do all their sites in London):
→ Live wholesale opportunities with Oliver Bonas for our bespoke plant care accessories.
Press features in first class publications:
* Based on unaudited management accounts
Leaf Envy spans multiple industries: B2B / B2C garden retail, gifting, home decor & the subscription market.
The market is huge and growing internationally. Leaf Envy fuses multiple industries across garden retail, subscription, gifting and home decor, and according to our research, we believe that our immediate addressable market is a £5.8bn opportunity.
Leaf Envy has x5 proven sales channels which have grown organically and scaled side by side:
1. Online Sale of unique range of pots, plants & accessories: strong direct product margins of 70%+, and Gross Margins of 50%,
2. Subscription: £35/month - designed to help people create beautiful plant filled interiors and become plant experts. Subscribers recieve a surprise plant & pot each month, curated by plant designers. They recieve print care instructions & get on-demand access to our plant guru via our SMS VIP Club.
Gross margin: 40% with 7.3x LTV: CAC
3. Project Installations: AOV: £3.5k - gross margin: 60%. Clients include: Grind Coffee, Google, Adidas. Short sales cycle, all inbound enquries to date.
4. Corporate Gifting: Gross Margin 40%, clients include Accenture, Amazon and MentionMe.
5. Dropship/Wholesale: Luxury retailers - gross margin: 40%. Pots & Accessories to Highstreet retailers wholesale margin of 40%
Use of proceeds
→ Hire best in class digital team to optimise our digital experiences & subscription offering (aim to increase CR, AOV, LTV and key unit economic metrics to catapult growth).
→ Invest in experiential events / workshops to bridge our offline & online community and position us as market leaders in plant care, styling & design.
→ Continue to develop our own plant decor products and be first to market launching a unique new range of premium pots, plant care accessories & outdoor plant range.
→ Hire & build a B2B sales team
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has the following loans:
1. A Bounceback Loan of £50,000 with an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. Monthly repayments of £887.37 began in 02 July 2020 and the loan is to be repaid by 02 July 2026.
2. A Funding Circle Recovery Loan of £90,000 with an interest rate of 9.6% per annum. Monthly repayments of £1,894.59 began in 02 March 2022 and the loan is to be repaid by 02 March 2027.
3. Directors Loans:
The company has a number of directors loans from Malcom Chapman, totalling £225,000. The repayment terms are outlined in the below image.
The funds from this round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Leaf Envy
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.