How can I claim my tax relief?

How can I claim my tax relief?

Once HMRC has given us the authority to issue EIS or SEIS 3 forms, you’ll be able to download your digital tax certificate from your Seedrs Portfolio. This form will contain all the relevant information required to file your tax claim.

  1. To file relief for the current tax year, you can request a change to your PAYE tax code or make an adjustment to any Self-Assessment Tax Return form, from HMRC.
  2. To file relief for the previous tax year, use the information provided on page one of the Self-Assessment Tax Return form from HMRC.
  3. Pass the relevant certificate onto your personal accountant, who’ll be able to file the claim based on all information provided in the document.
  4. Request a physical paper-copy of the EIS or SEIS 3 certificate from us if you’d like to claim using the S/EIS claim form.

If you have any further questions regarding this process, please contact the Small Company Enterprise Centre:


Telephone: 0300 123 1083


UK taxpayers should note that tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in future. To learn more about how SEIS or EIS works, please read the online HMRC guidance or contact your professional tax advisor.

Was this article helpful?

Digital Agency Kent